[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [approved]Wistar- Disc priest

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:00 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: [approved]Wistar- Disc priest
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:23 am  

Character name: Wistar

Character class: Priest Discipline

Professions: Enchanting/Tailoring

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode):

Discipline Atonement build/Basic Shadow offspec. This character is barely a month old as you can probably make out from the characters previous achievements, gear isn't great at the moment, barely scraping ilvl 470 to make it to HoF lfr. Every spare moment in the evenings is used to grind out the gear and professions through the 5 man heroics and through LFR.

Respeccing: Would be happy to respec as needs be, currently focusing on mastering the primary before starting work on the theorycrafting for the offspecs.

Class Info: After playing melee classes since classic- thought I'd finally do something new ..and level a priest.

Why do you like it? Been Deathgripping for so long thought I'd go in A new direction.
Im a big fan of priests from Wotlk/Cata period and have known A great few powerhouse priests through the years- will be a fresh challenge to be as great as the old schools.

What about ability priorities? Useful cooldowns and utility spells? Keep up the stacks of evangelism and archangel, balance between keeping on the grace stacks for the MT, prayer of mending on cd, prayer of healing for the aoe/group absorb, suitable use and timing of adding Spirit Shell, being ready to stabilise the crisis player with Power Word Shield/ Void Shift/Pain Suppression, Be ready to collect the derpers from the flame puddles with life grip and keeping on the holy fire/smite/pennance atonement smart healing when theres gaps in damage or we need that bit extra before the enrage timer comes.

Anything about stat priorities? Being at entry level raid gear I'm trying to soak in as much spirit as possible, once attaining some level of comfortable mana management, hoping to branch up the Mastery and crit so I can blow some nice big bubbles.

Spirit > Intellect > Mastery > Haste = Crit.

Raid experience: Early Wow Classic-T5 TBC (Spook- Combat Dagger rogue/ Shadowsong server) . My first raid was UBRS 15 man, the trash was deadlier than the bosses and unless you had cc's it was always a long day at the office.

Pathfinded in a server leading 40 man guild (HIVE) - UBRS 15, ZG, Molten Core, Onyxia's Lair (many whelps version), BWL, AQ20, AQ40 up to Trinity encounter, Old School Naxxramus- just Instructor downed (rogue evasion tanking before priest mind control was reliable).

Karazhan pre nerf full clear, Magtheridon, Gruul's Lair (server highest damage pre t4 level- 760 dps :O)

Finished on the Rogue for real life commitments- returned to the game after the release of SWP/shortly before WOTLK.

Transferred to Wildhammer - created Wraith/DK joined Eternal Faith shortly before moving into Quantum/Immanence as dps and tank- Naxx 10/25, OS (of the nightfall), Ulduar 10/25 + most hards, some ToGC, all of ICC up to LK 25 Heroic, Ruby Sanctum normal.

Cataclysym - Blackwing Descent, Throne of the four pull your eyeballs out, Bastion of Twilight - all normal, some heroic modes done. Immanence disbanded so sat off for the rest of the expansion.

Mists of Pandaria - all raids LFR mode..

Proudest moment in classic.. After about 40 attempts in 40 man Chromaggus encounter, finally survived the "Rogue pull the lever" stunt.

Proudest moment in WoTLK - teaching "hard core" raiders how to turn a character 180 degrees quickly using a mouse... at LK 25 heroic fight.

When can you play: I can raid most days all evening, attend Wednesday football training until 21:00 otherwise i'm free. If theres progression bosses to be killed and theres a dire need I would be fine with skipping a few sessions to get the job done. In the nature of my work I rarely may be delayed in bad weather traffic- if this would be the case I'd give as much notice as possible as to a late finish

Where are you from: Wolverhampton England

About you: Single lad divorcee with the mind of a 20 year old but body of something twice the age, Football, pub, Big bang theory, Bi-Winning etc. Lives alone nice house, Truck Driver by trade, ex Bristish Army Soldier.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: AKA What's in it for you? After coming back to the game I've missed the company of decent players and I've missed the challenge of progression. I suppose I came back for Shiny and Kael too.

Anything else: Thanks for looking through the application, appreciate theres alot of people thinking I'm slightly out of depth with a new character on a new expansion of raiding, the gaps in secondary profession on this character are fulfilled on my other character wraith that has fishing/cooking maxed. I give 110% to the cause, I learn quickly and (unless otherwise kicked into a raid by Kael without prior warning) have always read up on relevant strategies/watched the boss kills/blogs and am very much the forum troll.

Cheers for the consideration

Chris

Wistar / Wraith

Post subject: Re: Wistar- Disc priest, application to join as Raider or Social
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:02 am  

Ex officer in Immanence and Quantum. The best DK tank i know. Dont let the low experience on his Priest scare you.He is a very good player and a fast learner. With some gear and practice he can do wonders.:)

Definitively /FOR
I cant wait to fight for the top of the meter with him

PS: the only downside to this is that he is an ugly goblin. He never did make pretty characters(wraith was an orc)... Healers have to be Blood elves to look pretty. :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:30 am  

Great app, and vouched for by Shiny and I am guessing Kael.

Can't point to raiding spot but for a social and see where it goes then definitely /for

No you stupid Orc, nobody rides the lady!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:17 am  

/FOR

talking with my friends and all said almost same as Shiny did

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:18 am  
Officer

Sweet app!

A social spot is defenetly granted for knowing Shiny and Kael alone. A raiding spot isnt really my place but atm we are in need of healers and with an app like that atleast im willing to give it a shot. Gear shouldnt be a massive problem :) lets see what the raidleaders say.

Im voting /For

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:50 am  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:24 pm  

Site Admin

I like this. Good people are hard to find, so it looks like I'm adding you to the list of those that I need to steal a tissue sample from in order to build the unstoppable army. I would clone you immediately, but... you know... the technology is not there yet. Welcome aboard!

(I usually reply to everything with a wall of text but in this case it doesn't feel necessary; important stuff has already been said in the posts above.)

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:49 pm  

Thankyou all for the kind words- hope I can live up to expectations.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:27 am  

You can't! Get over it!

Dag thats scary.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:59 pm  

I guess that everyone has said enough to this already.
Welcome aboard
Closing this topic

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]