[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [approved] Darkrelax - Frost/blood DK

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 11:48 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [approved] Darkrelax - Frost/blood DK
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:19 pm  

Character name:

- Darkrelax

Character class:

- Frost DK mainspec, currently DW because of lack of 2h weapon drops. (will go 2h if i get a weapon that is worth it)
- Offspec blood, has been playing both Blood and Frost Mainspec during my Deathknight raiding time.

Able to play Unholy aswell.

Professions:

- JC for the nice gems, very usefull.
- Engineering got very nice procs, and even better procs if you're a frost dk. 1min cooldown on pillar of frost, 1 min cooldown on engineering str proc = EPIC!

Spec, gear and talents:

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... x/advanced (look at the nice transmorg!)

Current gear:
- I'm using DW right now for the one reason, that there simply hasn't dropped a single Starshatter or Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion. Else the gear is "ok" a little low for your progress, but the bring the player not the character aye ;)?

I'm going for haste, and yes i know that Elitistjerks, manaflask, and what else they are called tell DW's to go for mastery, but thats really only for a fight with more than 1 target in more than 54% of the fight (I'm doing my own theorycraft). Currently my stats weight is: Haste 0.47 Mastery 0.43 and crit is so far behind, that even with a scope, it would be hard to see.

Talents for frost:

Unholy Blight: Nice uptime on dots
Anti-Magic Zone: Great raidcooldown for absorbing some magic damage.
Death's Advance: Can i say anything else than run speed?
Death Pact: Great big heal, very usefull and for the cost of NOTHING!
Runic Empowerment: Best uptime so far for frost
Remorseless Winter: Kiting, stunning and awesomeness.

My offspec is blood tanking, a very nice and actually pretty fun spec, with the mainprio of 2 stats atm. Hit for making sure not to "loose" any Bloodscent consume. Mastery for making HUGE bloodshields.

I'm able to play almost any class and spec in the game, for the same reason is the mainteam of my current guild (Aegis) often asking me for helping out on one of the mainraiders characters (so far, disc priest, resto druid, afli warlock, warr tank and balance druid)

Class Info:

Prio list for DW:

Q: DK, but why, ain't it faceroll?

A: At frist, it does seams like faceroll, but agian, which class and spec isn't faceroll untill a certain point of raiding?.
Well, actually it's not the easiest class at all. Timing the oblitirate to not use the 100% crit chance, instead of frost strike, while have a frost rune for HB for get the runic power for a frost strike should be easy, but while pushing the dps, this is one of the break points for pushing the dps even more!

Our execute is like having to choose between a kick in the nuts or a poke in the eye. It's a dps gain, but it's a pain to get in the rotation because of the cost of a frost rune, especially if you're playing 2H frost dk.

But the next part of DK dps'ing is faceroll. The cooldowns!

Army of the dead: Use it in the start of a fight, stand far enough away from the target (such they don't pull) and pew pew! (it does 56k dps for me right now = 2million damage), it can also be saved to a more usefull place in fight, etc. Elagon, you're actually able to use it in the execute phase because of the rune regeneration while running together, if you pop it there, its good for 2 thing. 1: Damage reduction on you, equal to the dodge and parry rating. + 80% ekstra damage on elagon.
Pillar of frost: 1 min cooldown, use it EVERY single time you can.
Or lovely ghoul. 2 min cooldown, whoops! ain't that at the same time of you first, third and fifth pillar of frost? GREAT succes!.

Dps prio list:

Dots>Soulreaper>Frost strike when proc > Frost strike > HB when proc > over oblitirate when proc(trying to make it keep runes on regeneration)> Oblitirate > HB, the last two should be changed if going for full mastery.

Raid experience and guild history:

Through my raiding times i killed a lot of bosses while content was the raiding content. The most reason high end gaming is from around the ToTC. At this time i was playing in amplified at Darksorrow, it was a top 700 guild or around there. We easily killed most of the things, it was actually a pretty easy content if you ask me.

The next was ICC, ended with a 11/12 hc progress (guild got 12/12, the last was an unofficial raid in 10man mode), at this time i changed from amplified to aegis, i changed guild because is simply expanded. In Aegis i had a great raiding time, in the end of ICC i ended up becomming and officer, and role leader (dps leader). In the start of cataclysm we cleared all 3 raids normal in 3 raiding days. At this point we had some problems with people lvl'ing to slow (it was a 25man guild, and we killed normal in 10man mode). Guildmaster and officer decided to go 10man raiding, we demoted every one who didn't have the skills to go for 13/13 hc. Unfortunately Aegis is pure danish guild, which ment we had problems with getting new players, the raiding went down in level and after a few weeks the socials got the GM roll and started a new period in Aegis history. At this point we had 3 down at hc, i went out searching for a guild, and got in Project Mayhem at Skullcrusher, a real hardcore guild with server first in everything, we nailed the content, and after 3 months the GM went to do a fuck up and made this guild 10man aswell, which ment he kicked 13 raiders out of the guild, and kept his IRL mates and best friends from the guild in the team. Wow, that's some wild shit right there. I was lucky and went back to aegis as an officer in Firelands, we had 2 10mans raiding team a killed Firelands and DC.

At this point i stopped raiding for real, i started at the university, about a year later i got controll on my life again, and went back to gaming, as a social member in aegis (start up in MOP), i didn't apply as a raider because my mom got liver cancer, she died 2 months later, the week after i applied, but to a full rooster, since that i haven't been aple to find a guild with the right attitude, skills and schedule for me. Therefore i am raiding 1 time a week with a social team in aegis (ooh yeah, here comes the boom!) we got 6/6 4/6 and 3/4. And thats my current raid progress (ofcause i had this a bit before the other in the social team, since i helped the raiding team on different raid bosses with other chars and a few times my own).

When can you play:

Well i'm training for a 1/2 ironman, but im home from training at 18 o'clock, and from that to around 00 o'clock.

I Work as a chef in my sparetime and playing Aussie rules. But i quited my job last week, and i am off my duty the 1/3-2013.

Who am I?

I'm a fresh man in the age of 20 (almost 21), i am sporty and neerdy! i study as a building engineere with my special in Indoor climate and concrete!

I use several hours a week on training for my 1/2 ironman, in the same time, i try to keep up the triaing for Aussie rules, a violent sport with tackles and broken legs!. (but i am not insane or something like that, i'm easy to talk with)

I'm from Denmark, and i live in a city called Aalborg with around 125k people. In the 1800's it was a worker city, untill around 1960 when it got it's first university, there from it just went all in the culture and made everything flashy.

I love walking at the beach, candle lights and whiskey.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild?

I would like to join you of the very simple reason:

It's a perfect raiding guild for me!

Oh wait, there is more (so sorry)

- I like hordes, they look mad!
- I miss to play as a orc!
- I want to raid at a great raiding level again.

I expect a guild which take good care of the bosses, with a great raiding attitude and hopefully some social stuff like challenge modes in the spare time!

Here, there's a world of log: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6abpe ... enc=bosses

Since i theorycraft, i often use world of logs aswell, i both record it and analysis it! if a fail can be found, it can be improved!

Extra info:

I can record World of Logs
I can set up streams
I can calculate stuff!
I can help other players find problems about raiding, help you with the expression editor in world of logs

I hope you like my application and please tell me if you do.

If you don't like it, please tell me aswell with a reason, maybe we just misunderstood each other :)!

If you have any questions about my UI just ask.
I am able to upload a picture of my self if you want to see my "pretty face"

Cheers. Darkrelax

Attachments:
File comment: Dps UI!
WoWScrnShot_021213_150603.jpg
WoWScrnShot_021213_150603.jpg [ 1.31 MiB | Viewed 11352 times ]

Post subject: Re: Darkrelax - Frost/blood DK
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:05 pm  

well this is very nice application. I don't know much about DK so the final decision will be on others but for me FOR

"FLAME! DEATH! DESTRUCTION! COWER MORTALS BEFORE THE WRATH OF LORD!"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:44 pm  

Thanks hope the others think the same :)

BTW, if you look at my last elagon kill, dont worry about the dps, i was tanking in blood presence since the tank falled down (stupid dk tank) :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:51 pm  

Good application, lot of detail and seem to know your stuff.

/for if he fits in the raid team

No you stupid Orc, nobody rides the lady!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:51 pm  

He loves whiskey! FOR!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:43 pm  

If you like a great whiskey you should try one called bornholm. Single malt 17 years :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:18 pm  

Damn, very very nice application! /for from me ^^

"I am trying to have a serious conversation with you. here"
"Oh, so am I, and I'm failing, and I'm sorry about that."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:11 am  

Simply an amazing application /for from me! :P 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:44 am  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:38 am  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next