No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 5:51 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: [withdrawn] Nemhoa Mistweaver Monk
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:10 pm  

Character name: Nemhoa.

Character class: Monk.

Professions: Skinning and leatherworking.

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/W ... a/advanced): Currently Playing Mistweaver with a Brew OS but have not really played it that much.
Respeccing: I am willing to respec the OS of the char but overall I prefer to be healing
Class Info: What can I say about Monk Healing? Well since my main char previously to MOP was a Shammy moving over to a hybrid healer i.e. hots/direct was interesting transition. Having levelled that char as a healer from 0-90 getting into the right rotation that works for me was fairly straight forward. Channel Soothing Mists and then Enveloping or Surging dependant on needs and renewing Mists bouncing as much as poss. I quiet like Chi Wave but I am willing to drop for the more favoured Chi Burst. Thunder tea focus and uplift provide a nice heal. I am also a big fan of the new talent we have of Ring of Peace combined with life cocoon for a little absorbtion. And not forgetting the OH SHIT revival spell.

Raid experience: Current MOP experience is 4/6 MOV and all bosses in RF. My previous raiding char as I mentioned was a Shammy http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... ter/simple

Guild history: Currently my guild is Risen but we have not done any raiding since Christmas as most of the members fell out of love with the game due to all the daily grind. All pre MOP raiding was with Risen on the Shammy linked above.

When can you play: I can raid pretty much any night and I am on most evenings apart from pre-planned real life events.

Where are you from: Birmingham UK!

About you: I’ve being playing wow since BC and have levelled all classes apart from a rogue, i have also previously played Guild wars 1/2 and started my gaming life years ago on counter strike. I like the social aspect of gaming and the challenging rewards when the effort pays off!

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I would like to be part of a raiding guild again so i can experience the joys and heartache of the endgame. It’s nice to be part of a group that helps and guilds each other to the ultimate endgame of the final boss. Also it’s nice when you are levelling a diff char to have input from people who play and know that class.

Thanks
Paul

Anything else: If there's anything else you need to know please feel free to /w me.

Post subject: Re: Nemhoa Mistweaver Monk
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:23 pm  

Officer

Just an observation- I remember Nemster being a cool dude person in the times I interacted with him in Orgrimmar during Cata and a decent shaman from Dragon Soul days, but obviously I have no idea how he would be as a monk.

So hello there, thanks for applying.

The thing is, the transition you will be making and how to cross and match that with the guild requirements and objectives will be that of a really big jump, so in my opinion a run in a heroic MSV or HoF to test how you will fit in with your current team and work with your other healer (which I assume will most likely be Shiny) is recommended (given of course other guildies have no other issues/comments). Guild has two top notch shamans to determine whether you are doing it wrong or not. You are lacking in the experience department and that is worrying.

The final decision is naturally up to people that are playing the game right now and know what's better for the guild. All I wanted to say is that I am familiar with Nemster as a person more than a player.

/twocent&out

Me: "The lack of Thrall in the ending of HFC is jarring, wtf?"
Cyn: "As if the call for Alliance tears over the redemption of Grom wasn't enough, you want Thrall in it? Wow dude."
Me: *can't stop laughing*

"We will never be slaves! ... But we will be... Conquerors..."
- Grommash Hellscream, Tanaan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:11 pm  

hey. sry it took so long to reply.

We currently have a situation where two core healers left and we are indeed recruiting healers/making mains reroll healers; we really need to make sure the people we accept are on par with us. Could you provide any logs you think paint a fair picture of your skill?

Also, should you be accepted you really need to understand we cannot guarantee you a raid spot.

Look forward to your reply,

Kaeltor.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:06 pm  

Hello

Unfortunately due to Risen not raiding since Christmas I have no logs available to show you. Sorry I cannot help on this one

I appreciate raid spots cannot be guaranteed in any guild, and slots are based on merit and requirements. I would not expect to be end game placed straight off anyway and would be willing to prove myself on older content or farm runs.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:24 am  

Thanks for inviting me into the guild guys, but I think i'm going to take a break from WOW as I am myself now finding it hard to feel any love for the game. I wish you all the best and continued success with the raiding.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]