No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:17 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: [approved] Atishia - Protection Warrior
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:00 pm  

Character name: Atíshia

Character class: Protection Warrior

Professions: Currently I've not uppgraded my professions since Cataclysm on any toon. If you accept me however I'll complete my inscription for the shoulder enchant and I'll pick up leatherworking for the bracer enchant. Willing to change any of them into something else if necessary.

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): Which spec(s) are you playing? What kind of gear do you have? Include an Armory link of your character.
Respeccing: Being able to play multiple specs or classes is very helpful for many reasons. Can you handle other specs/roles than your primary one? Do you like them? Are you willing to switch to them if needed?
:
I've experience playing everything on end-content and I'm applying to you as Protection. I'm aware of the actual need in a 10-man Guild of players being able to switch roles etc and I'm more than willing to do so. My experience from raiding as different classes are the following: Restoration Druid, Feral (tank) Druid, Rogue, Warlock, Holy Paladin, Protection Paladin, Protection Warrior, Holy/Disco Priest - I'll explain the reasons why I've played so many toons further down.

My current Protection gear: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... a/advanced

Talents:
Double Time
Enraged Regeneration
Disrupting Shout
Dragon Roar
Safeguard
Bloodbath

Glyphs:
Unending Rage
Heavy Repercussions
Hold the Line

What kind of gear do I posses? Currently my gear is my weakness. I'm fully aware of my low standard when it comes to gear compared to you're current tier. I'm applying to you as a player and if you find me interesting you might alow me to enter your alt-runs or something until I'm ready for your progress-raids? I don't know it's all up to you, I'm just doing the apply.

Class Info: What can you tell us about your class? Why do you like it? What about ability priorities? Useful cooldowns and utility spells? Anything about stat priorities? I really enjoy the changes they've made since Cataclysm for the Warriors. My AOE damage is currently just out of this world and I like the fact that they've made it up to us to chose whatever we're willing to take some extra damage and ignore our shield barrier up to gain some extra DPS on the boss instead. It really give us some nice options to consider during encounters, some encounters might not be so hard on the tank which alow us to priority damage above absorbtion while some might be really intense and don't give you any room to spend rage on other than your shield barrier etc - they've made this very nice.

My ability priorities would actually depend on the encounter we're facing. Although I think it's safe to say that shield slam and revange will most likely always be used when possible.

Useful cooldowns are quite obvious however I really like this skull baner they've added - increases critial damage by the party/raid within 40 yards by 20% in 10 sec - would love to see that one in Cataclysm.

My stats priority would be to max out mastery really. I'll make sure to cap the hit and expertise and after that just max out mastery and try to make a sweet balance between parry and dodge.

Raid experience: Which bosses did you kill while they were current content? Any memorable moments, favourite bosses, etc.?

The Burning Crusade

Tier 4
Karazhan: Cleared
Gruul's Lair: Cleared
Magtheridon's Lair: Cleared

Tier 5
Serpentshrine Cavern: Cleared
The Eye: 3/4 - missed the night the Guild killed Kael'thas Sunstrider

Tier 6
Hyjal Summit: Cleared
Black Temple: 6/9 - took a break until the release of Wrath of the Lich King.

Wrath of the Lich King

Tier 7
Naxxramas 10/25: Cleared - all achievements done expect Undying and Immortal due to people failing.
Obsidian Sanctum 10/25: Cleared including "Of the Nightfall" and "Twilight Vanqisher" optained within the current Tier.

Tier 8
Ulduar 10/25: Cleared - all achievements including "Glory of the Ulduar Raider 10" and "Herald of the Titans" + "Champion of Ulduar" within the Tier.

Tier 9
Crusaders' Coliseum 10/25: Cleared - all on both normal and HC difficulty including "A tribute to Insanity 10-man" achievement

Tier 10
Icecrown Citadel 10/25: Cleared - All bosses on all difficulties except Lich King HC on both 10-man and 25-man (people can't move from defile even today) + "Glory of the Icecrown Raider 10-man" with the Tier + killed Ruby Sanctum on both normal and HC

Cataclysm

Tier 11
Bastion of Twilight 10/25: Cleared on both difficulties missed Sinestra kill due to my birthday - optained "Dragonslayer" in Tier 12
Blackwing Descent 10/25: Cleared on both difficulties + "Blackwing's Bane" within the Tier
Throne of the Four winds 10/25: Cleared on both difficulties + never managed to kill Al'akir on 25-man until tier 12 - "Of the Four winds" optained in Tier 12

Tier 12
Firelands 10/25: Cleared on both difficulties including "Firelord" and "Glory of the Firelands Raider" within the Tier. Killed Ragnaros HC pre-nerfs of Phase 3

Tier 13
Dragon Soul 10/25: Cleared on both difficulties including "Savior of Azeroth" and "Glory of the Dragon Soul Raider" within the Tier and pre-nerfs.

Basically I've managed to do pretty much all tiers since Burning Crusade until Mist of Pandaria.

My favourite encounter? Has to be OS+3 25-man because it was such a cool fight. Many things happening at once and I just enjoy it very much. Also our 1st kill was epic because my friend who MT'd as Feral Druid went out of bear form and throw me an innervate (I played on my druid) and he dodged 2-3 hits and then went into bear again O.O

Guild history: Tell us something about your previous guilds, why you joined/left them etc.: I've been in several Guilds during my days in the game and most of them created by me and my friends. During Burning Crusade we had a Guild called Excitium which cleared all of my statet BC experience. We disbanded in Black Temple because me (on of the founders + Officer) had to take a break due to school combined with one of our best players - our MT and also Officer who decided to quit the game.

I got convinced to start play again when Wrath ot the Lich King came and the Guild was recreated on a different realm. We cleared all of the expansion but lost most of our members during the end when LK HC didn't go down as planned. We took a break after Ruby Sanctum and reformed under the name Project Apocalypse during Cataclysm. We cleared all of tier 11 on Normal but then disbanded due to an unstable roster of raiders. I joined a guild called Lorekeepers and cleared tier 11 HC.

Lorekeepers was a very good Guild by the time but I didn't really enjoy my days in it, I was to used to play with people who I knew for years to just play with people I barely knew. From nowhere several core members including IRL friends contacted me saying they wanted to reform, so we did. We cleared tier 12 fairly easy and same goes for tier 13. They are still alive and kicking but I just can't join them again because they're to serious about their raiding right now and frankly I'm not interested in hunting world 50-100 kills anymore.

The reasons why I've not been playing since Tier 13 was completed is because me and my girlfriend had a breakup during the end of the Tier and I just had to deal with some personal issues right then. Now I've decided to come back to the game and I've made a promise to my brother to play with him and his friends on this realm - here I am.

When can you play: We raid quite often, mostly 20-23 h server time; tell us something about when we can expect you to be online so we can see if the schedules are compatible: Currently I'm working 07:00-13:00 every day and i'll combine that with school but it's not a problem. I can play pretty much whenever its necessary.

Where are you from: Represent your country!: Sollentuna, north of Stockholm capital of Sweden

Age: How old are you? We've had problems with parent enrages and don't really want any more!: I'm 21 and there wont be such problems here :)

About you: Tell us something about yourself. We want to get to know the person behind the in-game character; after all, this is a team game and it's nice to know the other members of the team and find people with similar interests!: Big fan of fotball, used to play myself for several years. I've been told I'm at the edge of being a perfectionist.. ? and my IQ is 145 which is 3 to little to join mensa >.<

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: AKA What's in it for you? You seem to be the best choice for me consider I've made a promise to stay on this realm and you've made a nice tier sofar. I don't wanna lie here and say that I know much about you guys because I don't. I don't mean to sound cocky in any way - I just can't lie. I like your raiding hours and I want to raid, plain and simple. I can offer you a very experienced raider, I've played as everything on the end contents. I've been a leader in all my Guild expect one and I'd like to just not be in control if that make sense? Would love to show up for a raid and not be the one prepairing everyone else for it :)

Anything else: If there's any other information you'd like to share with us, please do so here: Again I know my gear is my weakness and I don't want you to think that I want a freeticked due to my old experience - nor do I think that I'm above you in any way and if I sound cocky it was not my intention. I would work hard if you accpeted me and I would take your alt raids (which I assume I'd be put in until my gear is in order) dead serious and show up guns loaded everytime. Maybe I'm not able to propely raid with you until the next tier, or maybe I'll be? It's all up to you guys and I hope you didn't die falling of your chair when you got hit by this wall of text.

Enjoy the reading!
Regards,
Emil

ps! You can also check out my Warlock from Cataclysm: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... l/advanced

Post subject: Re: Atishia - Protection Warrior
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:12 pm  

Hi, thanks for applying

Currently we have tanks in our main group with 100% attendance, and I'm not sure if there will be a spot for You in our main group, even if You catch up with gear, which currently is far, far behind our progression.

However I think We can offer You a spot in our second team, which raids tuesdays and, sometimes on fridays, so You can catch up with gear.
Personally I'd like to see Your resto druid in action, as we struggle a bit with healers at the moment, and if You would be able to gear it up, and if You find yourself in healers role i think You could jump in to our main team.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:14 pm  

nice app

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:18 pm  

Thanks for your quick answer :) like I said I'm applying to you as a player and I guess I could go as Restoration Druid. This is the gear: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... a/advanced

btw I'm more than happy if i can join the 2nd team too - if its serious raiding? :)

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:56 pm  

well tbh as a player judging for your application i'd say you are accepted:P

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:44 pm  

:)

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:58 pm  

Site Admin

Hello there!

Yeah I like this app very much. Just not very sure which character we'd like you on; as Totemz said both Rae and I have pretty much 100% attendance so maybe the druid would be a better choice, on the other hand it's not bad to have a 3rd tank either so one of us could catch a breather from time to time. We need to discuss this a bit more.

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:46 am  

Hiya!
Regarding my characters, if I may be so rude to say; I'd prefer the Warrior and I don't mind being the third tank - obviously the two of you have tanked togheter for quite some time and would be the 1st choice for now. I don't know hehe :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]