No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 8:34 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: [approved] Bloodjaw - Demonology Warlock
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:40 pm  

Bloodjaw

Demonology Warlock

Tailoring (575) / Enchanting (600)

Demonology/Affliction Specs, still very low gear level, only just hit 90 a few days ago:http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/wildhammer/Bloodjaw/simple
I am definitely willing to swap specs, though with Warlocks this is of course not as impactful as with Warriors or Druids etc.

Warlock was the first class I ever played in WoW, back when I joined during the Burning Crusade expansion, and I therefore have a good deal of knowledge regarding all the workings of the class, and its still the class I enjoy the most. The whole 'summoning demons' thing just really gets me :D Warlocks clearly bring alot of of utilities to raid teams, Soulstones and Healthstones, Dark Intent's Stam and Int buff, Summoning Portals, Fears, Banish for demons, also Demonology has some really great AoE capability. The nuances of the Demonology rotation really appeal to me as well, knowing when to switch to Demon form and for how long, plus timing it with trinket/raid-wide battle buff procs. Due to my mediocre gear and recent level to 90, I am still capping out Hit Rating, then can build into Haste, Crit and Mastery pretty much equally, as all give their own benefits.

Unfortunately I have found it difficult to find a proper raiding guild throughout my time in WoW, and as such my raid progression is not particularly stellar: WotLK was where I first started raiding for real, and while it was current I reached Sindragosa and the Lich King in ICC, beat most of Naxxramas, completed most of Ulduar and defeated Sartharion, just getting general progression in all the available raids, but never having the opportunity to attempt heroics. Cataclysm was the same story, where I completed all but one of the raids (Blackwing Descent) in Raid Finder, but had no chance to do any real progression. My favourite raid would be ICC, partly because I really appreciated the Boss design, I just thought they were really clever and fun to fight, and also because it was my first experience of real top-level raiding, which added extra enjoyment. This is one of the reasons I am applying to NSJL, to experience again being on the front line of endgame content.

Previously I have been in 'Army of Darkness', and also 'It Is Just A GAME', both very social guilds with a little bit of raiding every now and again, but never really the proper level of commitment. However, I very much enjoyed the social aspect and am looking forward to combining that with active raiding. I recently took a break from WoW which lasted over a year, during which time 'It Is Just A GAME' moved servers, leaving me somewhat at a loss :P But I see this as a chance to get into a real raiding guild and move up a tier in the raiding community.

I can be online most nights from around 20:00 onwards, perhaps excluding the odd late dinner, and then have free reign until any time into the small hours.

I am living in Scotland, used to be in England, born in the Isle of Man....so let's just say I'm British :P

I am 17 years old, 18 in September, but have recently left school and thus my parents couldn't care less what I do really...

About me? I enjoy Badminton and Karate as exercise, and have represented my school, Scotland, and Britain in fullbore target rifle shooting, including overseas tours. If I'm not doing any of those things, odds are I'm playing video games of all kinds, RTS, FPS, MMOs, MOBAs, pretty much anything!

As I've said, I want to join NSJL so that I can join the top tier of the PvE community and get the full experience of raiding, while in a friendly and sociable environment, because it just makes the game so much better :)

I guess I'm asking for a little faith and the chance to grow as a player and learn from the best (plus a little time to get my gear up to scratch :P), and I would love to be able to count myself as a valued member of this guild, be it through raiding performance, support of lower level players, or just providing some banter in guild chat :D

I hope you like my application (its pretty long I know, but figured I might as well make the effort :P) and am eager to hear your response

Post subject: Re: Bloodjaw - Demonology Warlock
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:47 pm  

Site Admin

Hello, thanks for your nice and well-written application ;).

I think we can give you the chance and time you're asking for. You can contact us in-game for an invitation.

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]