[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [approved] arala - warlock

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 9:58 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: [approved] arala - warlock
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:29 pm  

Character name: arala

Character class: warlock

Professions: alchemy/inscription

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): ilvl 539 Demo/Destro

Respeccing: Currently Demo/Destro for ToT will play affliction if it is better for the encounters in SoO

Class Info:
I'm fairly new to the warlock FOTM rerolled in mop i previously played an enhancment shaman i wanted a ranged class and we had lots of ele's so as warlocks were getting the overhaul i went lock.
I like that the talents make a difference between different fights and i can switch grimores around to improve my performance.
Warlocks have lots of raid utility portals , healthstones ,interrupt ,aoe stun, combat ress and fear/banish. Warlocks defenses are very strong at the moment.

for Demo - hand of guldan - curse of elements - corruption - shadowbolt/soulfire(proc) - hand of guldan- meta - CD's (darksoul, imp swarm, grimore) - doom (x 2 if UVLS) - ToC then spend fury with procs or cooldowns keeping crit UVLS doom on as many targets as possible, using HoG to get 2 stack shadow flames and soulfire procs instead of shadowbolt.

for Destro - curse of elements - darksoul(if its not being saved for buffs jinrock, primordius, ji-kun)- immolate - conflagate x 2 - incinerate x 4 - chaos bolt(x 2 if CD's used) - then use chaos bolt on procs , keep rof + immolate up, use conflagte for incinerate only and drop chaos bolts to prevent ember capping.

I'm geared for the 8094 GoEA Doom breakpoint for multidot fights and because it allows me to use demo and destro in the same gear
haste 8094 > mastery > haste > crit but i've seen a few different builds for demo that i might go for on a hard boss like lei shen.

Raid experience:
I have played wow on and off since vanilla but didn't start raiding until cata with kurisu in 'risen' doing nerfed Firelands before he joined you guy's, I stayed with them clearing normal ds and 4/6 msv.

I joined slackers inc in march and have cleared ToT and killed Jin'rock, Ji-kun and Horridon on heroic with them, then all but megeara and lei shen with you guys :)

Guild history:
-Lots of social guilds i can't really remember the names of
-Risen 4.2 - 5.2 A casual raiding guild fell apart around november with most of the members quitting wow or server transfering i didnt raid through 5.1
-Slackers inc 5.2 onwards i have raided with slackers since march and have been an officer with them for the last month its been good but i would like to join you guys and push for server firsts!

When can you play: I work across the north of england and sometimes further away so sometimes i have to work away for 2-3 nights (this is rare maybe once every couple of months) or am late back because of traffic. Most days i am home a couple of hours before raid times.

Where are you from: Manchester uk

About you: my name is Ian ,I am an electrician working in street lighting in my spare time i play games or go see friends. I'm kurisu's older brother.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I've enjoyed coming along the last couple of weeks and would like to join you guys in killing the hardest bosses :)

Post subject: Re: arala - warlock
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:13 pm  

Site Admin

Hello there, thanks for applying ;).

I've been keeping an eye on your performance in the raids and while there IS some stuff you should improve, I think we can talk about that in-game and fix it. We sure could use a decent warlock.

/for

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:48 pm  

Site Admin

/FOR

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:52 pm  

I like the lime green colour you have used on the application

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:02 pm  

Site Admin

I think you can poke us in-game for an invite then.

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]