[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [approved] Sindiro - Frost DK

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 5:51 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [approved] Sindiro - Frost DK
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:47 pm  

Character name: Sindiro

Character class: Death Knight

Professions: enchanting/engineering

Frost DK amory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... iro/simple
Respeccing: currently only good at playing as Frost DK, however I got Blood OS which i got for tanking lvl 85 raids and i'm gearing a bit for CM runs, after i got that I'm planning to get my hands on the Unholy spec. However, I'd like to make a chance to my OS if needed, but I'll prefer holding my Frost Main Spec.

Class Info: DK's are just awesome i think, they have good survival skill in much encounter and are a must have in raid situations. Imagine a DK putting his AMZ when Jinro start casting his Thunderstorm, or how he's able to cc lots of annoying mobs with his Remorseless Winter talent. As Frost DK you can go for Dual Wields in AoE/trash situations where Strength > Expertise (7.5%) > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Haste > Crit > Mastery priorities are a must, while for bosses they are better using their 2hand weapon where they have to use a Strength > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Expertise (7.5%) > Mastery > Haste > Crit. Reason for that is the mastery buff comes in more usefull in AoE.

Raid experience: recently i got my hands on MSV HC with my old guild, but that didn't end well, however, I did do the lfr's many many times, and some MSV/HOF/TOES run on normal difficulty. I don't happen to have a favorite boss, but i love doing FL. The area's where you get and the bosses are, in my opinion, just amazing =). And besides the, who doesn't want the have the epic mounts you can get there ;) ?

Guild history: I started playing a few years ago, friends convinced me and i thought to give it a try, they had a guild named RAW. After 1 year i left it because the leaders were quitting and there was not much going on anymore. After that i joined Twisted UK (don't really remember why I left) and not much longer Primal Fear. PF was a fun time, doing some old school raids and MSV run weekly, however, the leader decided to chance realm and an old friend of mine who also was in RAW started a new guild : X HORDE. In X HORDE I learned many things, we also got our hands on older raids but also on ToT, yet we never made any good raid progress (wiping all night on 1st boss during weeks) I wanted to get to a new guild: No Skill Just Luck.

When can you play: I'm still a student, but I'm free in weekends mostly to play. Certainly from 20-23h, and if something prevents me to do, I make sure that I'll let you know in time, so you have time to find a replacement.

Where are you from: Belgium, the country with the best beer and fries!! =D

About you: My name is Gilles, I'm 19 years old and a student. I'm studying Economics. My hobby is horseback riding, last 6 months I participated in national and international competitions.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I hope i get to raid more effectively ( not spending my nights week after week on wiping 1st boss on normal difficulty when the patch is nearly to it's end ;)). And ofcourse I hope to have a lot of fun, and meet some new interesting people.

Anything else: Today I spoke to Neshika, he asked me a lot about how my DK could come in handy in the guild. I wanted to say that he was helpful, correct and polite during our conversation. He also advised me to chance some enchants/reforges and to fill in this application, because a DK could come in handy.

Kind Regards,

Sindiro/Gilles

Post subject: Re: Sindiro - Frost DK
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:16 am  

Site Admin

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:54 am  

As I said I'm a student, meaning I have exams every now and then. Just to keep my parents happy I won't be able to play during those periods (during the week), weekends i can join all the time during the year (not incase i got to be somewhere in real life of course). So Basically weekdays not when I'm having exams or a big paper to work on, however, I let you know that far before the actual raid is, so a replacement can be found.
I hope this makes something clear ;-)

Kind regards,

Sindiro/Gilles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:43 pm  

Site Admin

Hello.

I'm being told by Shamonster that there have been some problems with you, such as signing up for raids and not showing up, and not participating in any of their progression raids except maybe MSV normal and also not being able to connect to voice chat and other issues. He also thinks you're talking about his guild here in a disrespectful manner. He said he might make a post here as well to explain things. Do you have anything to say about this?

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:58 pm  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:02 am  

Hi Dagthul

This is a really sick story from Shamonster,pls poke me ingame for the other side of this story,normally i never wil get to this in public,but what hes typing here is far away from the truth pls wait till the founders of that guild are back from holiday.Shamonster is a great healer ,but as raidleader he really dont get the point.
My best regards Pazu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:12 am  

Hey paz, hope your well :)

I wouldnt call this a 'sick' story but please be aware that the other founders of X Horde share an opinion (in general) when it comes to raid effort and more of such things.
An whats more, you might wann aback your story up with some examples. im, as you must know, very flexible and open to constructive criticism.

i hope you can leave your grief about leaving our raiding-team out of these decisions :)

hope to speak ingame soon,

Bas

*edited for typo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:45 am  

To reply at Shamonster's comment,

First of all, when you were making your progress in MSV and HoF I was gearing up, I still remember coming the first time with you guys in HoF and Masp was saying "lol take sind eveytime, great DPS" an experience not to be forgotten, after that i joined for several HoF runs. Next to that I started joining ToT, got my first kill on Jinro when Forkane got his 2nd, so I don't think that's that bad. And not showing up for raids? And while you were making progress in ToT I had exams at school and went on vacation, so no I couldn't be there, i even told you in game. Besides all of that if I'm not 100% sure I can make it I sign up as 'tentative'.

I couldn't join a voicechat program for a very simple reason. I play WoW on a Mac, and XHORDE uses a program which was not yet developed for it. However, I managed to find an older Ventrillo version cracked for Mac.

I just see I've been kicked out XHORDE, not very mature of Shamonster, since all I ever said was that I'd maybe join nsjl with only my DK, my other alts were planned to stay in XHORDE. Just like Paz says, he's a great healer, no doubt. But start kicking people because they are considering to maybe join another guild with 1 of their characters?

Kind regards,

Sindiro/Gilles

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:13 pm  

The application looks nice, better than what we usually got this expansion, but i'd like to point a few things out:

1. You posted the 2h stat priorities for dw and vice versa.

2. Between 2h and dw there isn't so much of a difference (sims gave a 3-5% difference but many people argue that dws talents were badly chosen) for single target

3. At your ilevel the full haste gems and haste/hit hybrids are not recommended, you would better use the str/haste and str/hit. The reason a lot of geared dk are using the full haste or haste/hit hybrids is that they have rppm trinkets (feathers or talisman) whose uptime is affected by the haste (so they can afford to lose some str from gems and gain a lot more from the procs).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:40 pm  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next