[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [approved] Damnrogue - Assassination Rogue

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 9:13 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: [approved] Damnrogue - Assassination Rogue
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:15 pm  

Character name: Damnrogue

Character class: Rogue

Professions: Blacksmithing, Mining
BS is always good for any class for 2 extra sockets. Mining gives me only stamina, but i had all other professions and it fits BS pretty good.

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode):
Assassination, ilvl 539

Respeccing: Offspec is Combat. Don't mind respeccing if needed. But it seems it will be only worth doing, when blizzard will decide to buff another specific spec again. Late Cata i played as combat only, since it was pretty much OP that times. This expansion i started as Combat, then tried Subtlety as it was a bit better, then got 2 daggers and switched to Assassination since it's the most powerful now.

Class Info:
Currently playing in Assassination spec. As for current rotation it goes mainly as keeping S&D + Rupture up at all times, using Mutilate / Dispatch as a combo points builder then using Envenom with 5 CP for max dps or to refresh S&D if it's almost gone. As for cooldowns, main DPS ones are Vendetta and Shadow Blades. Also, important in raid fights is Smoke Bomb with it's 20% aoe dmg reduction component - very useful when ppl stack for some healing. Also Cloak of Shadow is really helpful as it removes debuffs. Feint
Stats prio: agi > mastery. haste and crit are pretty much of the same value, but haste looks better atm. Ofc gotta have Hit+Exp capped (both at 7.5%).
Pros & Cons: cons - i'd say pretty low AOE dmg in case of many trash mobs. It's not that bad, but can't really compete with Destro-lock, hunter, dk, retri etc. Pros: high mobility, dots (poisons/bleeds), disables/stuns/interrupts (cheap shot, gauge, kidney shot, kick, blind, sap etc) and Trick of the Trade ofc.

Raid experience:
"Current content" bosses started since Firelands in 4.2. that time i was in Silent Era guild. Also progressed DragonSoul (normals). In MoP we cleared MV and 5/6 bosses in HoF. Then guild basically disbanded, many ppl switched server or quit. I moved to Slackers when they had about 10/13 normals. I continue to raid with Slackers and we ended with 3/13 HC bosses before taking a "summer-break".

Guild history:
The Last Angels - been there for some time, my first social guild. Then i left for Silent Era to join raid group for Firelands and stood there up to 5.2 i think. When many people left SE, i joined Slackers Inc since they didn't have any active rogues at that moment and it was a good chance to raid. Unfortunately after some break in raiding, Slackers Inc also lack too many ppl for stable raiding and officers decided to quit raiding and it's currently a social guild.

When can you play:
Your raid times 20:00 - 23:00 suit me fine (we had almost the same raid times in Slackers Inc). Preferably, raid days not on weekend, though i could manage this too. Previously i had: Mon / Wed / Thu (Silent Era) and Mon / Tue / Thu (Slackers Inc).

Where are you from: Ukraine

About you:
My name is Alex, i'm married, have little son and a dog.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild:
Want to join mainly for raiding purposes as well as for an active social guild to do some cool stuff with active players (i.e. challenge modes, some raid achieves including new and old raids).

Anything else:
Yes, i would also like to apply on my Druid.
Character name is Webdev () - Guardian / Restoration.
It is actually my main char, was raiding on it in FL, DS, MV, HoF. Current gear is pretty low though (517 tank, about 507 or smth on healer), since i switched to Rogue and raided on it in Slackers Inc (they had too many druids at that time, and my druid wouldn't be even considered for a possible spot). In MV and HoF i was usually switching between Tank and Healer from boss to boss, whatever guild needed. I like to heal in raids, am using Healbot as main healing addon. Can give more info on this if needed (or apply separately).
Have legendary cloaks on both chars, as it matters it seems.

Currently applying as rogue since it has highest ilvl and was ToT HC ready, but can switch to whatever you will think group will or *can* benefit from in future.
Whatever you decide, social spots will be fine too for both chars. In case of joining, i would also like to move my other alts to NSJL as well - too keep all chars in one place.

Thx for reading :)

Post subject: Re: Damnrogue - Assassination Rogue
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:19 pm  

Just one quick question, I've noticed that you have put mastery over haste for stat prio, is there any reason for this?

As haste is now prime stat due to the new meta gem proc and how the new rppm trinkets work. :)

Also curious about the rune of re-origination trinket you are using, is it a case of not getting other trinkets drop or? As it stands the VP one is superior to this trinket, did some testing myself with the TF norm rune.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:42 pm  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:59 am  

Ahhhhh I see, I would not recommend using Mr.robott, use shadowcraft instead, it takes a lot more things into consideration than just stat weights :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:42 pm  

Site Admin

Hello, thanks for applying. Like Smokey said, don't use askmrrobot, it's unreliable and can produce results that don't make any sense, and using some default stat weights is a bad idea in most cases. As a rogue you should be using .

You're well geared for progression, the only problem is that we already have a rogue. Maybe a little competition would be good for him though :P. Anyways, because of that I can't really offer you a full raid spot – at best you'd be alternating with him or working with the secondary group we want to start in 5.4 until we can gauge your performance. It would be a slower start but I hope you understand that at the start of a new tier when we're trying to get as much stuff down as quickly as possible, experimenting with new people in the group straight off the bat might not be the best idea ;).

If that's okay with you, you can poke us in-game for an invitation; if you have any other questions or anything, ask away.

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]