No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 12:40 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: [approved] Armadillos - Fury Warrior
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:13 pm  

Character name: Armadillos

Character class: Fury Warrior

Professions: Blacksmithing/Mining 600/600

Talent specs, gear level: Fury 523 ilvl
Armory link (advanced mode): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... s/advanced

Which spec(s) are you playing? Currently playing as Fury, I got pretty decent gear for it
Respeccing: My OS is Protection, and I don`t mind respeccing if needed. My ilvl for Protection is 496, but I`ve used it only to tank Cata raids, when we didn`t have a tank online in my previous guild

Class Info: What can you tell us about your class? Why do you like it?
I`ve started as warrior because I`ve thought, ah ... no brain just muscle, how hard can it be to play? But when I`ve finally understood how to take advantage of his abilities on different cooldowns, and keeping the rage pool at maximum, I`ve manage to become a decent DPS.

What about ability priorities? Useful cooldowns and utility spells?
On single targets I start with Battle Shout, than I Charge, use Bloodthirst (for rage income). I use Colossus Smash at high rage if I know I have Raging blows due up. I use Raging Blow when not on cooldown, and Berserker Rage when low on rage for extra kick. I use Recklessness/Avatar/Skull Banner on the same cooldown for extra damage. I use Wild Strike for rage dump when bloodsurge procs or Heroic Strike when I can`t use anything else. Execute pops when the target is below 20%, and It`s very handy if you manage to keep your rage up.
On multi targets I use Heroic Leap, than Whirlwind/Thunder Clap, or Cleave for rage dump. I love Dragon Roar for AoE damage

Anything about stat priorities?
1. Hit / Exp Cap 2. Critical Strike 3. Strength 4. Mastery 5. Haste.

Raid experience: Which bosses did you kill while they were current content?
I`ve played all the raids in the game, but not as the current content. I didn`t have the chance to play Pandaria raids on normal/flex/heroic because we didn`t have a raiding team well geared and who knew tactics.

Guild history: Tell us something about your previous guilds, why you joined/left them etc.
My first guild was The raiders of the Horde, but one day it was disbanded because the GM stop playing, then I went to Pearl Jam where I was GM assist. I became GM of Pearl Jam when the GM needed a brake. I`ve tried to put a raiding team together, but I`ve failed and left the guild in order to find one that was raiding current content.

When can you play: I play every day in the evenings so I`m available from 1800 UTC time, and all the weekends.

Where are you from: Romania

About you: Tell us something about yourself. We want to get to know the person behind the in-game character; after all, this is a team game and it's nice to know the other members of the team and find people with similar interests!
I work in aviation, I`m easy going, I can lead a team, or I can just be a face in the crowd. I play this game for fun.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: AKA What's in it for you?
I know I`m not that well geared, but I hope to get a spot for flex raiding to get better gear, and who knows :)
If not the case, just want to join a serious guild.

Anything else: If there's any other information you'd like to share with us, please do so here.
I just keep my fingers cross to get accepted :)
Thank you.

Post subject: Re: Armadillos - Fury Warrior
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:45 am  

Site Admin

Hello, thanks for applying.

A few things about the class info - rage income isn't the main reason for using Bloodthirst. You use it because it gives you Raging Blow charges and enrages you when it crits. With high enough levels of crit you should be able to fit 3 Raging Blows and a Bloodthirst inside the CS window.

It's the same thing with Berserker Rage – you don't use it for rage generation; you use it when your CS and/or BT right before/right after CS fail to crit and give you a RB stack. When you have enough crit and that's not a problem anymore, you can use it to cover periods when you aren't enraged. Never for rage.

Avatar is and has been the worst talent in that tier, the default choice was usually Bloodbath, but the 5.4 Fury changes made Storm Bolt very good/the best choice for single-target DPS on not stunnable targets.

Bladestorm is in most situations better for AoE than Dragon Roar. Dragon Roar is a single-target ability. Also, the important part about Fury AoE is that Whirlwind gives your Raging Blows the ability to cleave up to a total of 4 targets. Cleave has low priority – only use it if you're flooded with rage.

You don't use Heroic Strikes just when you don't have anything else to do – it is one of your priorities to use as many Heroic Strikes as you can during the CS window.

All of this is covered in the mmo-champ fury guide and I recommend that you check it out (and the accompanying forum threads as well).

With class knowledge gaps like this, there's honestly not a chance right now that we would have a spot for you in our main team (especially since we already have a good fury warrior on the roster), but we could still give you a spot in flex runs. We ARE looking for a 3rd tank for the main team but that role has pretty demanding requirements and you'd have to get all the gear and make sure you know the spec well.

If the flex spot is okay for you, contact us in-game for an invite; if you have any questions or comments about anything, say it here.

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

Post subject: Re: Armadillos - Fury Warrior
PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:20 pm  

Hello again, and thank you for your criticism. It is well received. Any advice on how to increase my damage is a + for me in any circumstances. I really know about some stuff you mentioned below, but there is always room for improvement. I`ll check that website anyway. Also I`ll try to give a go to the talents you mentioned, and see how it goes.
So I want to thank you for your suggestions, and let you know that the flex spot is what I really hoped for.
I`ll try to poke you for an invitation, later this evening.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]