[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [withdrawn] Blood DK

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 12:31 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: [withdrawn] Blood DK
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:07 pm  

Hello everyone.

Character name: Medoo.

Character class:DeathKnight

Professions: BS and JC.However not maxed out yet since i returned to WOW couple of months ago.

Talent specs:525 ilvl , Armory link (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... doo/simple):

Respeccing:Can you handle other specs/roles than your primary one? Do you like them? Are you willing to switch to them if needed?

Not really no.i leveled this Deathknight from the beginning as blood.I never changed spec until i hit 90 with him to try frost for pvp. I just like tanking from the beginning.i have a rogue who i was raiding with in cata,but i much prefer tanking and using different cooldowns and timing everything to survive,especially the case with Deathknights.

Class Info: What can you tell us about your class? Why do you like it? What about ability priorities? Useful cooldowns and utility spells? Anything about stat priorities?

i think DK is in a pretty strong postion right now after the dmg buff along with warriors and the tier bonuses are much more useful than the last tier.
i Like blood because we have a lot of utilities and cooldowns and we have to time everything in each phase transition of the fight.Its not just spamming deathstrike and hoping for the best,you have to manage your runes and use your blood shield efficiently.
Im going for the mastery build from the start and my aim is to hit 260& mastery.Stat priorities are Hit/Exp 7.5%>Mastery>Stamina>parry>dodge>haste

Raid experience: Which bosses did you kill while they were current content? Any memorable moments, favourite bosses, etc.?

i purchased the game in cata before fireland landed.I leveled a rogue to 85 and began my quest to find a guild at Veknilash.i hoped from guild to guild and had a very hard time finding any guild to accept me for raiding.until i found a heroic guild that i was with for a couple of months but not a fixed spot until it disbanded because they moved to another server.thats when DS landed.i tried finding any guild even with my heroic gear but failed.ive dont LFR DS but eventually left the game because i couldnt find a guild(i even transfered realms) and i honestly didnt like the new raiding instance(DS).i returned couple of months ago after 1.5 years off wow.
The most memorable moment i would say is standing infront of Raganors for the first time.the atmosphere,the boss model,the fire made it a great experiance to me.
My favourite fights were baleroc and Domo.

Guild history: As i said i hopped from guild to guild and realm to realm and made countless online apps(which im not a fan of btw,but it is better now.it was nightmare in cata) in a pursuit to find a guild with a spot couple of nights a week.i know my classes and my abilities,its just a matter that there are no spaces or guild leaders want every possible raid achievment to take you.

When can you play: I Can play 2-3 times a wekk from 20;00 till required to down a boss.i dont mind extending it after 00:00.

Where are you from: Im from Cairo,Egypt.

About you: Im studying Electrical engineering in the British University in Cairo,Electronics and communication department.i have 1 more year to finish my degree.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: AKA What's in it for you?

I just want a tank spot and a fixed time for raiding.i want to see the new content and i know the joy of downing a boss which i quite miss even if i didnt experiance it that much.Gear is a second thought for me,as long as im not dying or smashing my keyboard to survive,im more than fine.

Anything else: Nothing else to say.hope you consider my application and if you have any other questions i can answer them here or ingame.

Thank you for your time.

Post subject: Re: Blood DK
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:08 am  

Hello,

Give us a couple more days to discuss your application you should have an answer soon.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:30 pm  

Site Admin

Hello there, I personally can't comment on class specific part of your application, so anybody with knowledge of DKs is more than welcomed.
About the raiding itself, I'd like you to share more about your past raiding successes. You say you were part of HC raiding guild, although not on fixed spot. Were there any HC first-kills you were part of? Also, what about MoP? I don't see any normal or HC kills on your DK, which worries me a little - we are currently going for more and more heroic bosses and lack of experience with even normal raiding in current expansion is a big setback.
Do you know anyone in NSJL who could vouch for your skill?

Thanks and sorry for delay on answer up until now.

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:00 pm  

Hello.
Regarding the raids this xpac,as i said i took a break from wow in cata for 1.5 years approximatly due to my frustration with finding any guild even normal raiding one.They all required past experiance and achievments which i simply couldnt provide because i purchased the game in cata. I knew the boss tactics,i read my classes stats,rotations,managment... but i didnt have the chance to be recruited.i was on a guild who was progressing HC but before i joined they told me i will be benched because their main and alts wer full.i said ok since i didnt have other options and they took me to Fireland and other instances 3-4 times.other times i just tried to pug groups.

They got disbanded and moved to other realm.i changed realms 3-4 times and made not less than 10 apps(which is why i said its a bad experiance for me) and got rejected everytime.one time i was rejected because i had different enchant than the rogue on their guild.i told them i was experimenting to maximize dps and they rejected my app and told me to read guides and know my class before submitting an app.thats when i was just frustrated from the amount of realms i went and the rejection and left the game.

i returned couple of months ago,and i still suffer the same problem although not as bad.

i read the fights and mechanics and know my DK.its not rocket science after all.i experianced many raidleaders from foul mouth to the calm onesi wouldnt have made this application if i was here to joke.ill be didicated just as your rest of your team.

And no i dont know anyone on your roster tbh.You can try me for flex or normal before joining if you like so you can make your decision.

thanks for the reply.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:59 am  

Site Admin

Hello, I'd like to see your performance in raid environment - we will be running flex raid as guild on this Friday, starting 18:30 server time. Please download TeamSpeak 3 and be ready to join the run.

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:18 pm  

sure.will be around.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:31 pm  

Hello everyone,

Here to put in a good word for Medoo,

hes been raiding with us a bit in the expansion since early 5.4 in search of a raiding guild that fits him.
his performance is nice, especially since he was away for a bit, and hes a nice contributor.

sad to see him go but our raidingroster is filled pretty much and not as serious (yet) as you guys,

so hope it works out,

Shamonster

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]