[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [declined] Lylyna - Shadow Priest

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 12:10 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: [declined] Lylyna - Shadow Priest
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:28 am  

Character name: Lylyna

Character class: Shadow Priest

Professions: Right now I have Tailoring (338) and Inscription (130). I'm planing on getting Blacksmithing and Jewelcrafting. I'm planing is because after i read some guides about shadow priests they said that it was the best combo thanks to the "buffs" you get.

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... a/advanced Shadow, ilvl 523. I got holy as off spec i cant really play it. I'm thinking of trying out disc as off spec just to able to go healer if i need to.

Respeccing: I think im ok with holy, but i dont really like to play it. I can also play prot paladin (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... w/advanced) there is alot of think's I still need to fix on him.

Class Info: I dont really know why i love shadow priest, I just do.
My rotation is: keep Vampiric Touch and Shadow Word: Pain on the target. Use Mind Blast to get shadow orbs and Halo when it's off cooldown. Use Mind flay as a filler. Cooldowns i use: I usually use Shadowfiend when the raid use BL to max the dmg or i use it when i really need mana. Devouring Plague (DP) (small CD) i use it when i got three shadow orbs. Power Infusion I usually use this spell with my first DP and then when the raid team uses BL (The first use of it depends on witch fight it is). Last CD i got is Vampiric Embrace and i use it when there is alot of raid dmg and I usually save a DP for when i use Vampiric Embrace to get the max healing out of it.

I got around 500 to much hit right now and im trying to fix it.

Raid experience: I havent done any normal mode with is character because I got it up to 90 durning Toes and it took some time for me get some good gear. I have done the first part of SoO flex.
My favourite boss is Onyxia. just the feeling that you are going in to a dragons lair and kills it and i just cant forget the whelps... so many whelps...

Guild history: I left my old guild because I didnt really think we did enough in raiding. We did flex SoO once a week and nothing more and i dont think that going once a week is enough to progress.

When can you play: I'm usually online as offen as i can and i can raid from around 19:00-00:00 (Server time) the only day i cant raid is Tuedays.

Where are you from: I'm from Sweden

About you: I'm a collage student. I'm studing a combo of Computer science and web design. In my spar time I play video games. One of my passions in my life is Mythologi, I just think it is reallt interesting.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: If I would get to join your guild, I think this is a really good way to get in to raiding. I dont think i can join you in HC because I dont have the gear for it and im a bit unsure that i have the skills right now to do it. But i heard that you are making a second raiding team and I would really like to join that one.

UI and keybinds:
Num1-Num9
Shift § - Shift 5, Shift R and Shift Q
Q,F,E,Z,R,§ and V/Shift V (Mounts)

Random thing: Im working on the legendary quest. I'm on "A test of valor". I will be done with it in about 3 weeks

Raiding addons I use:
Deadly boss mods
Recount
Cooldowns
Halopro
elvUI

I got some more addons but they are not really important

have a good day

Attachments:
File comment: My raiding UI
WoWScrnShot_100513_022907.jpg
WoWScrnShot_100513_022907.jpg [ 2.16 MiB | Viewed 7188 times ]

Post subject: Re: Lylyna - Shadow Priest
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:37 pm  

Site Admin

Hey, as you've said yourself, you don't currently posses enough experience or gear (esp LMG) to join us for heroic raiding. We could offer you a spot in our weekly flex runs though, which happen every Friday and on most Tuesdays.

About application itself - I'm curious about your talent choices. Since you've already done first part of flex SoO, could you tell me which talents (specifically in tier 3, 5 and 6) you were using for each boss and why?
Also, I'd like to ask you to be available on next Tuesday (8.10.) at 20:00 server time to join our guild flex run so we can see your performance in action. Please download TeamSpeak 3 as well and get your mic ready if you have one.

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:54 pm  

the talents i use:

Immerseus:
3: Solace and Insanity
5: Power Infusion
6: Halo

I use this combo because Halo helps with the healing/Damage on the adds. I think Power Infusion combos really well with Solace and Insanity and it helps me with the last bit of the fight and it's good way to get more dmg out of BL.

The fallen protectors:
5: Divine Insight

I use these talents because Solace and Insanity helps with bursting in the end. I use Divine Insight because im trying to keep Shadow Word: pain on all three protectors so i can get the free mind blast. Lastly i use Halo to help the healing and to do some aoe dmg.

Norushen
5: Twist of Fate

I use this combo because Halo helps with the healing/Damage on the adds and when I'm doing the test. I use Twist of Fate because there is alot of adds so i can keep the buff up alot and the buff goes well with Solace and Insanity when i use Devouring plague.

Sha of Pride
5: Power Infusion
6: Divine star

I use DS on this boss because everyone is stacked up and i use Solace and Insanity, Power Infusion combo to get some good dmg.

If you think i should change something just tell me and i can change it :) I have change my plans on tueday so i can join you in flex SoO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:18 pm  

Hi, thanks for waiting,

We manage to do some logs with the flex you were in, and the dps you are doing is doable with 480 ilvl, not 524. Therefore i can't offer you a raiding spot.

Declined

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]