[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - NØID-arms warrior social application

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:14 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: NØID-arms warrior social application
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:24 pm  

My name is Erik Engman I am 24 years old and this is my application! :D

Character name: NØID/NONSTOPDOT

Character class: NØID - Warrior / NONSTOPDOT - Warlock

Professions: The professions I use are based on what I previously did the most which was PVP, so I opted for jewel crafting (600) and engineering (600). Engineering provides a strong on-use Strength boost in addition to other useful items and jewel crafting provides you with more powerful gems which are useful in both PVP and PVE. I am aware that blacksmithing is the preferred profession for Warriors as it helps provide two additional gem slots that can be used to help balance stats. However being on Wildhammer where everything is way overpriced I chose Jewel crafting based on economic advantages as well.

As of current I use Arms/Arms for both PVE and PVP on my warrior. It is a spec which i have played most of my WOW career. When looking at Arms viability in raiding scenarios Fury is the better choice as its overall DMG % on single target is higher than that of Arms. However since I do not do any high end raiding in MOP and the raiding I do atm is just Looking For Retards, where most boss fights in SoO have more than one target it is easy to get high dps in Arms. If I would however run flex or alt runs with the guild respeccing is not impossible if it benefits the raid. I have full Prot gear in my bags so respeccing as tank is not impossible either however the gear is mixed 502 and 496 il gear. I am able to play a multitude of specs however my knowledge and skill in Arms far outweighs that of Fury and Prot.

link to armory Warrior-http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/wildhammer/Nøid/advanced

link to armory Warlock (alt)-http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/wildhammer/Nonstopdot/advanced

For all you WoW lore geeks :lol:

As long as there are wars waged on Azeroth, there will be both men and women who fight in those wars. Warriors are no mere sword-swingers; they are skilled combatants, combining strength of arms, knowledge of weaponry, and practiced maneuvers to slice or bludgeon their foes into little tiny pieces. Warriors are the most versatile of the combat classes, and they supplement their fighting prowess with the ability to rally their allies and spur them to victory. They charge into the heart of the battle and survive the most grievous of wounds. Warriors are common in dwarf, Forsaken, human, and orc societies, but many other species also fill their ranks with warriors. Masters of swords, spears, and weapons of all kinds, warriors share a common way of life on Azeroth. Using their abilities to deal PAIN and BLOODSHED, warriors are deadly adversaries and welcome friends in violent times (which seem to be all the time in recent decades). Anyone willing to take up arms to defend their people can be classed as a warrior.

On a more serious note-

stat priority- Melee Hit (7.5%) > Expertise (7.5%) > Strength > Crit > Mastery > Haste

Stat details-

Expertise (7.5%)
The Expertise cap of 7.5% (2550) will make sure your attacks are not dodged. Having this cap and always attacking behind your target is crucial for avoiding high DPS loss.

Melee Hit (7.5%)
The Hit cap of 7.5% (2550) will make sure your special ability won't miss against a boss. This is the cap regardless of weapon type. Special abilities missing is the easiest way to lose DPS.

Strength
Increases your Attack Power and the damage dealt by all of your abilities.

Crit
Increases the chance for your attacks to critically hit for additional damage. Crits with Mortal Strike and Colossus Smash activate Enrage.

Mastery

Mastery: Strikes of Opportunity gives your melee attacks a chance to trigger an additional attack for reduced damage.

Haste
Increases your attack speed.

The rotation / macros I use (corrections or inputs are very welcome)

DPS Priority:
Mortal Strike on cooldown. Applies Deep Wounds.
Colossus Smash Use as often as possible. Watch for Sudden Death procs.
Heroic Leap if Colossus Smash buff is up. (Not on the GCD!)
Heroic Strike to dump Rage when Colossus Smash is up. (Not on the GCD!)
Execute on cooldown when target is below 20% health.
Overpower whenever available.
Slam to dump Rage when target is above 20% Health.

Arms Warrior DPS follows this priority- use Mortal Strike as often as possible to build Rage and maintain Deep Wounds. Cast Colossus Smash as often as possible (without overwriting) and make sure to not waste any Sudden Death procs. Try to pool Rage before Colossus Smash so that you cast as many attacks as possible during its debuff. Also, while the Colossus Smash buff is up, always try to use Heroic Leap as it is not on the GCD and can be activated along with your other abilities. Heroic Strike should also be used while to Colossus Smash buff is up, but only to dump excess Rage during this time.

After this, use Execute as often as Rage will allow when your target is below 20% health. Cast Overpower as frequently as possible to consume Taste for Blood procs. Finally, use Slam as a filler to dump Rage when you have a moderate amount (40+) and your target is above 20% health.

These are macros i use and how they correspond with the rotation/ different situations (added the actual macro if anyone wants to try, use them)-

Main Rotation Macro
- First I have added code that will disable all the annoying error sounds and messages that come from spamming a macro such as this.
- The macro will open with a Charge followed by a Piercing Howl, which when used in bgs / rbgs is great. It only costs 10 rage which is nothing!
- CS almost always pops immediately when available and I placed Hamstring right after it, which as of patch 5.4 is off the GCD. CS is the perfect ability to put Hamstring with so as to ensure its almost up 100% of the time. If you were to place it with any other ability than it would either not be used often enough else far too often; thus, a huge loss of rage. When paired with CS its almost perfect.
- Execute is the only main dps ability that needs to be separately keybound.

/console Sound_EnableSFX 0
#showtooltip Colossus Smash
/castsequence reset=15/combat/target Piercing Howl,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Victory Rush
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,Slam
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Overpower
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Mortal Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 Colossus Smash,Hamstring
/cast !Colossus Smash
/cast [combat] Berserker Rage
/cast [combat] Avatar
/cast Charge
/cast [combat] Recklessness
/cast [combat] !Skull Banner
/startattack
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide();
/console Sound_EnableSFX 1

HOLY CRAP AOE
- As with the above macro it will Charge and then immediately cast Piercing Howl.
- Priority after that are the cooldowns and Bladestorm which as of Patch 5.4 has been buffed from 120% weapon damage to 180% weapon damage as well as had its CD reduced to 1 minute down from 1.5 minutes.
- CS is the next priority followed by Sweeping Strikes and Slam. I put Slam into the rotation because if you are not already aware, 35% of Slams damage is applied to all targets within 2 meters of the Warrior while Sweeping Strikes is active (10 sec).
- Thunderclap will also apply the Weakened Blows effect to all targets within 8 yards of the warrior; thus, reducing their damage output by 10% for 30 seconds. This is actually pretty huge if its at a flag or tower point. 10% is fairly significant and for 30 seconds nonetheless.

*IMPORTANT; If you are doing Arenas and Single Target Bosses than keep Avatar and Recklessness in the Single Target Macro, but if in Bgs/Rbgs than I suggest taking those out of the Single Target Macro and swapping out Avatar for Bloodbath and sticking Bloodbath and Recklessness in a separate AOE Macro for Massive AOE action. I have provided you both scenarios. You want your abilities to pop in this order going from longest to shortest uptime;
Recklessness > Bloodbath > Bladestorm
AOE For ARENAS and PVE

#showtooltip Bladestorm
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,Thunder Clap
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Overpower
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Mortal Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Sweeping Strikes
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Colossus Smash
/castsequence reset=0.3 Bladestorm
/cast Charge
/startattack
AOE For BGs / RBGs

*Remember you should create a secondary single target macro with the only difference is it doesn’t have Recklessness and Avatar in it. Cause you want Recklessness up when you AOE in a BG and want to replace Avatar for Bloodbath. So maybe create a Single Target Rotation macro for 1. PVE / Arena and for 2. BGs/RBGs

#showtooltip Bladestorm
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,0,Thunder Clap
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,0,Overpower
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,0,0,Mortal Strike
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Sweeping Strikes
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Colossus Smash
/castsequence reset=0.3 Bladestorm
/cast [combat] Bloodbath
/cast Charge
/cast [combat] Recklessness
/startattack

SHIELD
- I think this macro works wonderful; I love the changes Blizzard made to Shield Wall and Spell Reflection in Patch 5.4
#showtooltip Spell Reflection
/castsequence reset=30 Spell Reflection,null
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,0,Shield Wall
/castsequence reset=0.3 0,Demoralizing Banner

I enjoy playing the Warrior class firstly because of the lore and warrior is the first class i ever played in WoW and its a class i have always stuck with. There have been times when i have been frustrated with Blizzard because of nerfs etc etc, and have at these time leveled up alts or played on other chars. Also not to mention i believe that warriors and warlocks have the sweeeeeetest tiers ( not in MOP) and have therefore always loved playing them.

My raid experience as of current is just LFR of SoO but i have raided a couple of normal modes in Mop, however i have focused more on PVP in Mop rather than PVE. I raided a bit in CATA but not significantly, I have personally felt that the latest expansions have been a bit noobish but have enjoyed them because of lore content. I would have to say that my glory days of WOW were in Wrath as I did a lot of high end raiding in guilds such as epicfabriken which took a lot of realm firsts ( I was not part of them however) and excelled at raiding the current content of Wrath. My favorite raid was ICC because of the content connections with Arthas and the frozen throne (Warcraft). I have over my years acquired all the legendarys that my warrior can use (except the cloak in Mop which i am currently working on). Some of which were acquired within the relevant content. I also managed to grab x2 gladiator titles during Wrath.

Guild history: The only two serious guilds i have been in during Mop have been Sublime- Auchindoun (alliance) and Pågarna- Wildhammer (alliance). I left Sublime because I wanted to do more hardcore PVP so me and some mates migrated to Wildehammer to join a PVP guild. We played there for a while but after most of my mates quit the game I took a brief break. When i came back the guild had moved and disbanded so i opted to transfer to the horde side to see what it had to offer, perhaps not the best move on my part as the average age on Wildhammer horde is like 12 and they are vastly underpopulated so running raids and such with randoms is out of the question.

If I were to join any raids i am basically online all the time I can be on early and play until late in the night so times would be no problem. I also have access to Skype, vent and teamspeak if anyone wants to chat haha.

About you: As i previously stated my name is Erik Engman I am from Stockholm Sweden ( home of IKEA, swedish meatballs and pretty girls). I am 24 years old and besides playing Wow I enjoy playing football hanging with friends and working on cars. I began Playing Wow 7 years ago and I have pretty much been hooked ever since. Previous to playing WoW i played Warcraft. I live in Stockholm together with my girlfriend (who used to play wow/ warcraft). I also study at the University in Stockholm as well as work part time. When I am online in the game i enjoy doing old content farming for rare/epic artifacts and items and obviously raiding and doing PVP.

The reason I want to join NSJL is because i want to socialize and play with people who enjoy and have knowledge of the game. Also i might reapply as a raider for the upcoming expansion and this seems like a solid guild in which to do this. What I can offer NSJL is dedication, time and effort. I am always glad to help or be helped to inputs and comments for improvement are very welcome.

Do not have access to WoW atm as I am writing from my GF's computer but if you would like to see my UI/keybinds once I am home just let me know.

I am aware that some of my gems are not up to par but I am planing on fixing it as soon as i log onto the game. If you have any questions for me feel free to message me in game or write a comment below. If I am accepted to the guild I look forward to chatting and playing with you all, if not I wish your guild all the best in the future.

End of application.

Post subject: Re: NØID-arms warrior social application
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:08 pm  

A very well written and beefy application if I do say :P
Ticks all my boxes, and would like to see you in action doing what ever at some point, seem very knowledgeable of the class, if I'm not mistaken you got Season 6 & 8 glad on Alliance side in WOTLK aye?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:19 pm  

Thank you!:) and yes i did get s6 and s8 on alliance side

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:54 pm  

I'm /for

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:12 pm  

Site Admin

Did you really copypaste the stats and ability priorities part of the app from noxxic? :roll:
:?
:(

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:31 pm  

No the stats and abilities is something everyone knows (I hope) who plays warrior very basic stuff, at least nowadays since CATA, and if there is an app for that i am unaware of it. Anyone who is able to do research on their class is going to have similar priorities, its when u get into the nitty gritty of macros, keybinds and really getting into situational playing that really knowing your class counts. :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:47 pm  

Site Admin

Yeaah....... no.

Attachments:
lol.jpg
lol.jpg [ 282.01 KiB | Viewed 13398 times ]

Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:02 am  

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:37 pm  

/clap at Dagthul!
I dont even want to know, how many guides and wow websites you are aware of in order to bust this guy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:50 pm  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next