[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [declined] Seraphane - Subtlety Rogue

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:55 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: [declined] Seraphane - Subtlety Rogue
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:07 pm  

Character name: Seraphane

Character class: Rogue

Professions: Alchemy & Leatherworking

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... e/advanced
I'm currently playing with subtlety spec for raiding/dungeons and combat for Timeless Isle and casual one on one encounters. I was assassination during the whole of cata so I can safely say that I've tried all specs. So far Assassination is my favourite but noxxic says subtlety is better dps so meh. I don't mind changing specs. Most of them are fun really. Well maybe not so much for combat. The combo points build up is so tedious without using cooldowns, ugh!

Class Info: I have always loved rogues/thief type of characters since the days of final fantasy. Something about sneaking up on someone and stabbing them in the back makes me feel like a God. :P I believe I started this class sometime around the start of Cata and have enjoyed it immensely ever since. I usually just follow noxxic for general rogue advice, always have. The rotation and stat priority works pretty well for me and I wouldn't have it any other way. http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/rogue/subtlety

Raid experience: Oh god this is a tough one. I think i started WoW in 09. Which should be Wrath of the Lich King. Oh I do miss those days. From what I recall I did the majority of bosses in wotlk on 10 man. Not as much on 25 man. I was rolling with a decent guild at this time also. With cata came LFR so I've pretty much done all those bosses. I believe I did HC firelands for a while. Not sure how far I got. Again had a pretty good guild at that time. Done all bosses in LFR during current expansion but I'm only in a casual guild atm and I god damn hate PUGs! Memorable moments hm? What about "Precious? Noooooooooooo!". Favourite boss would have to be hmm.. dancing boss in naxx maybe? Forgot his name. :(

Guild history: I mainly left my old guilds because of quitting WoW because of either life issues or boredom. I've been in my real life friends guild for a little while now but we aren't playing on doing anything with it, just casual really.

When can you play: I'd say roughly after 7pm server time I'm usually on. But either way I'd be on for the raids regardless.

Where are you from: UK, England!

About you: I'm a University student, studying in Computer Science in UK, Wales (2nd year). I live in a small house with 3 other house mates. I enjoy the latest video games, Television shows and movies. I'm a pretty friendly guy and like to get to know people if they wish the same although I can be quiet at certain times. I tend to get enraged when something doesn't go right or someone isn't listening to me(who doesn't). This can be a bad or good thing depending on the situation but I'd say this possibly makes me a good leader. I'm not greedy and I believe everything should be equal especially when it comes to gear. WoW is about fun not just getting the latest gear.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I usually join a raiding guild every time I return to WoW, I generally love the energy and enthusiasm of everyone during raids. I also like to gear up and try out hard things. 22 platinums on the Playstation 3! :D LFR is so simple. You don't even need to move out of the "bad stuff". It just becomes tedious and boring. I also always have a very very very fond desire of out dpsing people if I can. It's pretty insane how focused I get when there's another rogue in the raid. I get an adrenaline rush or some kind of weird thrill from being top. :P

UI and keybinds: Where to start. I have a lot of macros and keybinds. I won't list them all but I'll try and generalise them as much as possible. I use a mouse with 3 extra buttons on the side also.
For my cooldowns, interupt, and redirect. I use the mouse wheel. I.e. 1st Cooldown on top bar = mouse wheel up. 3rd Cooldown on top bar = shift + mouse wheel up. I use the 3 extra buttons on my mouse for Stealth, Sprint and Blade Flurry(when combat). I have macros for my cooldowns to also work with trinkets and other such things. I.e.

/cast Shadow Blades
/cast Adrenaline Rush
/cast Arcane Torrent(Racial)
/use 13
/use 14

And for my abilities they are also macro'd so that I only need to press shift or alt to switch to a different ability but on the same slot. I.e.

#showtooltip
/startattack
/cast [mod:shift] Recuperate; Slice and Dice

Anything else: This is not my only character. I have quite a few more which I will list below. I don't mind using any to gear up and raid with. I do prefer using my rogue mostly though and he is the most geared and levelled at this moment.

Solerion - Frost DK - 90 - They look cool sorta?
Exifler - Ret/Holy Paladin - 88 - Very experienced Holy Paladin during Wotlk. Would have to work with him again though to get back into it. I did very much enjoy healing though,
Tiberious - Beast Hunter - 86 - Meh. I like my rare pets.
Auraphis - Frost Mage - 85 - Only used a mage for casual but the frost spec is incredibly fun in my opinion anyway.

I am applying for my rogue. But I asked one of your members and they told me to list my other characters anyway. I don't mind levelling them and gearing them for next expansion for you guys.

Thanks for your time. Sorry about the length.

Attachments:
WoW U.I..png
WoW U.I..png [ 4.7 MiB | Viewed 12657 times ]

Post subject: Re: Seraphane - Subtlety Rogue
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:53 am  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:05 am  

Ah, well I've had no reason to enchant or gem my lower lvl armour/weapons because I've not been back on WoW for long :P Just being doing LFR. Obviously I'd enchant and gem it for proper raids. :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:33 am  

Gemming pure agility as a combat rogue?

Should be going for haste/agi gems for higher IL as combat.

Missing a fair number of gems and enchants....

Your app says for a sub rogue. yet you are combat, even so stat prio would be haste and then crit for reforge.

I would recommend using this also: http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/eu/wi ... HfbwjM/wI=

http://shadowcraft.mmo-mumble.com/eu/wi ... WiyBFY9Ac=

No from me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:39 am  

Also forgot to mention, combat & sub is God awful unless you have the trinket http://www.wowhead.com/item=102292/ and also the 4 bit teir set bonus.

Last edited by Smokeyegg on Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:57 am  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:04 pm  

If it takes only 2 mins, why not do it?

Otherwise it just looks like lack of effort :/

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:17 pm  

Okay, I understand how it comes across completely. I only haven't done it yet because I've had no reason to, I wasn't even going to join a guild this expansion. I was just getting myself warmed up for the next one. I spoke to one of your members about it and he just said go for an application anyway and see what they say. Again I would enchant and gem my gear for you guys in a flash, but I don't really want to enchant and gem my lower ilvl gear if you guys were just gonna say no anyway. If the reason you say no is solely because I'm not enchanted and gemmed, then I guess we've hit a wall and I can either sort that out now or you can just say no and I'll stop complaining. :P

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:35 pm  

I understand what you are trying to say, but the reason I am saying no is because you are using the wrong stats for the spec, the wrong talents, as sub you should be using in the teir one talents subterfuge over shadow focus so you can get the double ambush of for the expose armor as your top damaging ability will be meele hits bypassing armor. More so when you use vanish mid fight you get more up time on expose armor, teir 2 talent is trivial but nerve strike in my opinion in a raiding environment is superior (General Nazgrim and Galakras good example of fights it is used) as combat readiness requires you to get hit to be effective which in tern is counter productive, Teir three elusiveness is just to strong not to use anyways, teir four is in my opinion always best for burst of speed, shadowstep in some instances and cloak and dagger is completely useless, and teir 5 is obvious same goes for Teir 6, as I stated earlier unless you have assurance of consequence sub is not very good, same goes for combat, these two specs are just overshadowed by assassination.

Last edited by Smokeyegg on Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:46 pm  

Al right fair enough. :) I've just been using noxxic, always have, but further looking into other builds it seems that your are right and most aspects. Maybe I will try again in the future. I'll go check out these builds. Sorry for wasting your time. :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]