[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [declined] Mage! - Bloxeds! (a MUST read!)

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 6:01 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: [declined] Mage! - Bloxeds! (a MUST read!)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:09 pm  

Character name: The name of the character(s)
Bloxeds

Character class: The class of the character(s) you're applying with.
Troll Mage (Any spec.)

Professions: The professions your character is using.
Tailoring / Enchanting

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): Which spec(s) are you playing? What kind of gear do you have? Include an Armory link of your character.
Respeccing: Being able to play multiple specs or classes is very helpful for many reasons. Can you handle other specs/roles than your primary one? Do you like them? Are you willing to switch to them if needed?

A big wall of text, but lets do this. First of all, my armory link: . With that out of the way a brief history - I've been playing since end WotLK, not active just casually. Then Cataclysm came and i started enjoying the game abbit more, however not untill the Firelands patch had i any intrest in raiding whatsoever, at this point i joined the guild JuvernautS - a wildhammer alliance raiding group, raiding casually. I started enjoying this and after getting into optimizing DPS for my Mage, getting tactics down etc we were heading for Heroics, and competed on the Real First Ragnaros HC Kill (I believe it was La Resistance who took it then), shortly after DS got released and with the roster we had (10-man) we managed to down DS Normal within the week of it's release, however as it was such a dissapointment (the raid itself) our Guild fell appart, losing members / people quiting. We all decided to take a break from raiding since there was no more progression, i couldnt handle this and switched servers to keep raiding and learning. I came back after a while, to find out JuvernautS got back on track and we finished DS 10 HC, unstatisfied with results we tried again when MoP launched. New recruits, old people leaving.. we ended up with a bad team, unable to clear the vaults on normal mode. Again i switched server (Went to Draenor this time) and joined some higher end raiding guilds, took but a week to enter Heroic raids but the atmosphere wasnt suited for me, people were too relaxed there was no tension and the reasson for me giving up -> NO FUN! - ToT launched, i was unable to find a guild and at this point switched my game from WoW to LoL, now a friend brought me back to WoW and i need a guild, a raiding guild. And not nececairy a guild for MoO but something that i can, and can work with me for the next expansion. For i want to get back into raiding, and watching "No skill just luck" from end wotlk till now on Wildhammer, i can say im intrested!

Class Info: What can you tell us about your class? Why do you like it? What about ability priorities? Useful cooldowns and utility spells? Anything about stat priorities?
I would go any spec if required, i'm not familair with Frost but it seems to the most viable spec for my current ilvl, hence i'll use and master it. Abbit low on gold atm so i havnt finished proper gemming / reforging (Although i should have a few k gold again after my AH sales tonight when i get back home :) )

Anyway, stat priorities:
Frost
Int / Hitcap (5100 rating above, not below) / Haste / Mastery / Crit (crit granted by passives - arcane power, hence it has no priority)

Fire
Int / Hitcap (5100 rating above, not below) / Crit / Haste / Mastery.
Crit for much pyro procs, haste to abuse the ticks. I favor the ticks over mastery, since the rating scaled better previously (not sure about it atm though)

Arcane
Int / Hitcap (5100 rating above, not below) / Mastery / Haste / Crit
Haste and 4th prio, however i like to hit the softcap, so at the point when BL/TW is cast my arcane blast does not exceed the GCD casttime.

Every spec has it's usefull cooldowns, and depend on situations, with a hotstreak proc and Combustion / Alter Time available you might aswell aim for a decent ignite and use them. Timewarp ofcourse whenever required. And the overall cooldowns as Iceblock to save your life, Great Invisibility to soak damage whenver it's possible, mirror image to increase DPS output.

My favourite spec: Whatever kills the enemy the fastest ^_^

Raid experience: Which bosses did you kill while they were current content? Any memorable moments, favourite bosses, etc.?

I've played the Tier 10 raids when it was current, however this was just getting to know raiding.
After that i've played every raid when it was current, exept for the ToT and MoO (havnt gave it a shot at normal mode). Loved when we downed Beth'Tilac back in firelands on heroic mode. took 2 wipes or something. We kept postponing her because we feared her, turned out to be easy as pie!

Guild history: Tell us something about your previous guilds, why you joined/left them etc.
LoLz.. yeh i did a little above, anyway here goes:
Wildhammer - JuvernautS // Left due to inactivity
Wildhammer - Who Dares Wins // Left because of dissapointing results
Draenor - The Unique // Wrong raid atmosphere ~ 25 man allows people to slack...
Draenor - NGP // Just a fun group to play with, nothing too serious
Draenor - Spirit // Got outclassed by another mage, and got kicked because i wasnt required anymore (eventually)
Kazzak - Chemical Brothers // Took refuge here to progress during the JuvernautS DS 10 HC progression.

When can you play: We raid quite often, mostly 20-23 h server time; tell us something about when we can expect you to be online so we can see if the schedules are compatible.

Edit:
Woops! Missed this one. 20-23h server time sounds fair enough for. Exept during weekends, i have no fixed times during weekends.

Where are you from: Represent your country!
The Netherlands! Yeah baby!

Age: How old are you? We've had problems with parent enrages and don't really want any more!
25 and counting.

About you: Tell us something about yourself. We want to get to know the person behind the in-game character; after all, this is a team game and it's nice to know the other members of the team and find people with similar interests!

Well not throwing my name out there yet, you'll get to know it if you give me the chance! ghehe.
Allright, i'm a 25 year old fart from the Netherlands, always up for a joke! well... almost always. Social guy - i do love to talk. Online allot if the guild suits me, always looking for ways to improve myself, regardless if it's in real life or at a game, i need to have something to aim for! (Thank god for pro's that give us goals!). As i said i'm social, means my real life prioritizes my internet life. I love going out, getting wasted, doing stupid things and get confronted with them later - laughing my ass off during the confrontation!

I work as a robot programmer / welder / engineer / whatsoever, i do allot of things not really got a label for it. Also work out allot (gym).

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: AKA What's in it for you?
First of all a social place, i need to talk to people! And people that talk back. I'm also looking for a guild that has a heart for raiding, and you guys seem to have this. As said before i'm not looking for an immediate spot. I know very well that i'm 2 tiers behind, still lacking my legendary cape and an ilvl that would drop a boner in a sec. So i'm looking for a guild to prepare, and raid with when WoD launches. (Ofourse i won't say no to a raid, silly!)

UI and keybinds: If you're applying for a raiding spot, list your keybinds here and post a screenshot of your combat UI. You can use the img tags or upload it as an attachment.

// Uploading an image when i get back home (Applying @ work) \\

Anything else: If there's any other information you'd like to share with us, please do so here.
I'm likeable! No, serious! i am!
I dont have anything else to add really, i hope it's sufficient! :)

Post subject: Re: Mage! - Bloxeds! (a MUST read!)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:50 pm  
Officer

Right, you seem like a friendly and social guy wich is nice. I kinda like the app as an whole but there is some things i want to say/ask.

Arcane
Int / Hitcap (5100 rating above, not below) / Mastery / Haste / Crit
Haste and 4th prio, however i like to hit the softcap, so at the point when BL/TW is cast my arcane blast does not exceed the GCD casttime.

It should be

Int - Haste (9762) - Mastery - Haste - Crit

Below you find a guide to Arcane that is handy, sadly it looks like its abit outdated however the comments isnt:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/120 ... -PvE-Guide

Frost
Int / Hitcap (5100 rating above, not below) / Haste / Mastery / Crit (crit granted by passives - arcane power, hence it has no priority)

Now this is abit tricky cause there is actually 3 different frost specs out there, and noone can rly say this is better than that. One is stacking Haste haste haste, one is mixture with Mastery/Haste, mastery being the important, and one is mixture Haste/mastery with haste being more important.

About the crit in frost i dont have a clue what you mean with the passive there however Crit capping is not an important thing anymore.

Below is 2 guides one basic and one advance that is very handy:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/120 ... -PVE-Guide
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/135 ... dvanced%29

The fire isnt my strong side but im pretty sure you want some kind of haste cap there also!

Seems you gemming haste so you should be using a haste/hit gem in the wep and haste enchant on the gloves

Other than that, yes your gear is far behind so i guess there is nothing to argue about there.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:13 am  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:52 pm  

You've got the wrong guy.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:51 pm  
Officer

Since we havent heard anything from you we gonna have to decline you.

Good luck finding a guild :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]