[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [approved] Kopstoot - Arms war raid application

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 7:47 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: [approved] Kopstoot - Arms war raid application
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:02 pm  

Character name: Kopstoot

Character class: Warrior

Professions: Enchanting and Alchemy

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): I'm Arms. However i have a fury offspec that i use for time to time.
Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... t/advanced

Respeccing: As mentioned its Fury. It is supposed to be better then Arms in single target. I have not seen the evidence for myself though. I know how to play Fury, that is not the point. I simply do not like it as much as Arms and above all, Arms has better dps especially on multiple targets/aoe.

Class Info: I love Arms. The only downside is that it is melee ( I kinda prefer ranged, hunter esp). Its cool to be able to play with rage and make sure you always have enough rage for yet another Slam simply by timing cooldowns, but at the same time making sure your rage bar will not fill up completely becouse that is basically wasting free rage. By this i mean playing with Colossus smash, Mortal strike, Berserk and so on. I find it not the easyest class to play, that makes it fun for me otherwise i'd get bored. Stat prio's for arms are str>crit>mastery>haste. Afther capping hit and exp to 7.5% ofcourse. I have most cooldowns in one macro that makes for a fun 15 sec dps burst every 3 mins, i have tried spreading it out ( so blowing cooldowns seperately) this resulted in lower dps though so one macro seemd better and also easyer.

Raid experience: Long list this is. Arcane mage ICC, cleared completely, lathough i can not remember if it was in hte beginning of the expantion. Same thing for resto druid.
War tank in BoT, BWD and TooFW, cleared full on normal, current content. Holy/disc priest AND surv hunt FL. Full clear on hunt, half on priest, normal, current content. DS full clear on normal as surv hunt, current content and the first 2 on HC. MV ToES and HoF as resto druid. All cleared on normal in curret content and the first 4 bosses of MV on HC. Playing arms war now since a long break and cant find me a raid group, but have done all on flex, and half on normal of SoO. Got legendary cloak also.
Memorable moment would be FINALLY killing Raggy in FL and at the same time getting full set and the slightly higher ilvl trink, ah good days. Fl was really fun.

Guild history: I have been in many guilds. Mainly becouse i have played since vanilla and have taken breaks for time to time, trying to make myself beleve i can quit. Silly me... Switching guilds was mosly becouse i would find a group to raid with that was in another guild. In a way its really annoiing becouse i have never found a solid group ive stuck with but i like to help ppl and contribute to the guild.

When can you play: I am a student with a buzy scedule. However i live on my own now and have all evenings off with the occasional exeption. So i can raid all evenings including weekends. During weekdays i can not stay on afther midnight becouse i have to get up early every day.

Where are you from: I'm Dutch. Fun fact: my chars name (Kopstoot) is Dutch for headbutt.... Felt appropiate for a war at the time, starting to regret it.

About you: Well I am a first year Biology student at the University of Leiden in the Netherlands. Gaming has been a passion for a long time, and the reason I am a first year student at this age.. Besides gaming i love to travel, photography, sailing and cooking.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: GEAR! No, I kid but to be honest it is a huge drive behind raiding for me. I love raiding becouse of the challenge, doing everything good, get as much dps( or healing ) out as possible while staying alive. Also a guild is verry importand for me in WOW as it provides help in other things( crafting and such) and ofcouse social interaction wich makes the game way more fun.

UI and keybinds: Screenshot is attached. I use bartender 4, DBM, recount and thats about it on my war. The block of 12 abilities under the stance bar are bound ot my Razer Naga. The other bounds you can see in the screenshot. Also number 7 and 8 ( pummel and spell refelction are bound to F and G respectively. The macro's NUKE and PANIC bot contain multiple long cd's. The Raid frames that are not shown in the screenshot are in the default spot, in the left top of the screen.

Anything else: I am available right away and i would love to hear from you guys soon. If there are any questions or if i have forgotten something pleasy do not hessitate to ask!

Attachments:
sc.jpg
sc.jpg [ 922.18 KiB | Viewed 11157 times ]

Post subject: Re: Kopstoot - Arms war raid application
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:06 pm  

Site Admin

Hello, thanks for applying :).

I have a few questions.

While most of your red sockets have inscribed gems in them, some of them have bold ones. Could you please explain that?

Any reason why some of your gear pieces are not reforged from haste/to crit?

Could you explain to me your choices of Tier 5 and Tier 6 talents?

Would you consider using any different major glyphs in some specific situations in the current tier boss fights? If so, which ones, when, and why?

What do you think about your current trinkets?

Are you using keybinds for Rallying Cry, Demoralizing Banner and Thunder Clap (I can't really see any in the screenshot)? RC and Demo Banner are important raid cooldowns (although the Banner slightly less so) so you should be able to reliably activate them on demand without fumbling around and Thunder Clap is good for keeping Deep Wounds on everything in multi-target situations, which means that in certain situations it would be used pretty often, which in my opinion also warrants a keybind.

Can you imagine any situations in the current tier where you would use Defensive and Berserker Stance?

What do you use for tracking important buffs and debuffs?

Could you tell me a bit more about the rotation/ability priorities of the spec?

Thank you in advance for answering.

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:07 pm  

Great, just typed half of the reply and my browser decided to close on its own...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:04 pm  

The reason for this in that I started out gemming mass bold ( pure str). Later I found out that crit is very important too so I started to replace them with the inscribed ones. The reason it is mixed is because I do not want to spend more gold on LFR items as I do not have that much to spend.

It is impossible to reforge to crit if that stat is already in the item like my hands, head and feet. The chest I seem to have forgotten. In retrospect it would be better to reforge the hast to mastery on these three items.

Talents: - Mass spell reflection is a great talent as it gives me a total of 3 ( Pummel, Spell Refelection and Mass Spell Reflection) ways of negating spell damage. This is mostly useful then alone questing/doing daily quests. I can see Safeguad and Vigilance being useful in raids however I have never had to use it so far.
- Avatar is a great cd and is bound in the big burst macro. Bloodbath I have tried but only ended up doing 2% of the damage. Storm Bolt is the one I use on un stunnable bobs that are not in groups. So a raidboss without ads for instance. I bind it to berserk, this allows me to use them both every 30 sec. Hits like a truck.
Obviously Colossus smash glyph is only useful if there is no one else to sunder. Once again for questing/ dailies. Bull Rush can be replaced if charging will rarely happen. For instance on the Sha of Pride. Glyph of mortal strike and Victory Rush can be usefull if survivability is of the essence, but i do not see myself using it in raids. Also Sweeping strikes can be great in fights with alot of aoe. With enough mobs it basically means a bottomless pit of rage. So on trash that would be fun. As for bossfights, Galakras might be good.

The trinkets I have are the only ones that have dropped for me so far.... I'd replace the Fusion Core simply because the cleave is not beneficial in single target. Thok's Tail Whip would be a great replacement. The talisman I think is just fine.

Thunderclap is boud, for some reason Bartender does not show it... RC is not bound, simply because I rarely use it. In LFR and flex it does not really matter. By that I mean that if there was a situation where it would be helpful, in LFR it would not be nearly enough and people will still die or we will still wipe. The banner is bound in the panic macro. Also it is bound to 0. Yes this key is far away from the rest but it works, for the amount of times I use it. These two I can easily rebind to keys more appropriate; for instance z,x,c or ctrl t, or ctrl y. I agree completely that these two need proper key binds. It is however laziness and the lack of necessity (so far)that that have refrained me from doing so.

I cannot see myself using Berserker stance. However I have never tried it in boss fights to be honest, so maybe it could be better in moments were I receive constant high amounts of damage. Defensive stance could be great for those moments of high damage as long it does not make me steal agro from the tank of course. In terms of rage Def stance would not be good. You have made me curious however and I'll try out Berserker stance.
I keep track of buffs via times on the abilities themselves. Debuffs through the default wow setting. The icons showing up near the minimap under the buffs. I do not use extra timers, I find them not necessary as I can keep track of them myself and hate to clog up my screen with all sorts of flashing icons and such, impairing my vision. If, however you demand all raiders to have an addon for this I will of course comply.

Yes, rotation. Well my opener for a regular mob is as follows:
Battle Shout, Charge, Berserk, Colossus Smash, Mortal strike, Slam. From then on I keep slamming until Mortal Strike or Collosus Smash is of cooldown and use them asap. the only time I do not instatly use one of there two is when I am at full rage. Then I prefer to Slam first to make up room for more rage and then a rage generating ability. Also Colossus Smash tends to sometimes proc twice in 3 or 4 seconds. In that case I wait until the 6 second 100% bypass of armor has run out a bit more. They will overlap a bit because the problem with this that you can miss out on a proc if you do not use it asap. However if i am at low rage of course I will use it instantly. At full rage, fist a slam or two if I can get them in between.

Packs of mobs: Battleshout, charge, Berserk, Thunder Clap, Bladestorm(If not on cd), Sweeping strikes. Then Collosus Smash or Slam and the rage generating abilities as I see fit, this can vary mostly on how much rage I have and the amount of mobs.
Shattering throw i use mostly only on bosses as it has a 5 min cd. Used a the start right before i charge in and blow my large offensive cd's.
Cleave and HS i never use as they are verry rage inefficient. Same goes for overpower( more of a pvp ability).

I could go on but I think that would be to much info. This is a quite long post already I feel. If you want to hear more I will be however happy to tell more on the subject you wish to hear about.

I hope to have informed you sufficiently and clearly, my English can be a bit weird from time to time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:32 pm  

Short addition to my reply. I have tested it out and it seems i was wrong. Bloodbath does way more damage, and Avatar is out of the door. Also Berserker stance in raids is way better then Battle stance as long there is consistent damage. Also, overpower has its uses, it shortens the cd on Mortal Strike. However i usualy have enough rage to never use it, as it does verry low damage.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:29 pm  

Apologies for the late response, everyone is on Christmas holidays atm :)

Will get a few more to view this once they come back from their festive break, as for now it's a /yes from me.

:)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:23 am  

Not a problem. No rush :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:23 pm  

Site Admin

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:09 pm  

Hey. No problem on the time of the response. It was christmas after all. Thanks for your positive feedback.

About the rage though. The 2 set bonus gives me 5 rage everytime i hit a target with the colossus smash debuff on it. This is a big factor. Glyphing Sweeping Strikes when it is good also proves to give alot of rage. Ofcourse it will happen when I do not have enough rage for a Smash. In these moments i usualy chose to wait 1 second and then Smash in stead of having to hit 2 times with Overpower spending 5 les rage but actualy doing less damage. To me it seems a waste.

I have rebound some stuff and all the important offensive and defensive cd's have their own keybind, including my stances. If you want I can post them here. just let me know.

I am glad to report that my ilvl has gone up by 2 lvl's....yay however i have 7 Warforged seals saved up. So next wednesday i will have the cap of 10 seals. This will help in getting my gear up.

To conclude. I would love to join you guys and see if I am indeed worthy.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]