[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [withdrawn] Minimoose - Blood Deathknight

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:23 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: [withdrawn] Minimoose - Blood Deathknight
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:42 am  

Character name:
Minimoose

Character class:
Death Knight

Professions:
JC (600), Mining (600). I also have every profession (apart from BS) maxed on alts.

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode):
MS Blood, ilvl 565/566. OS Frost, ilvl 559/566.

Respeccing:
My main spec for this expansion is Blood, and have been tanking since the first day of the expansion (when I hit 90). However previous to MoP I have always been DPS, I was blood for ICC but had to change to frost when the changes were implemented. I have a frost spec and am willing to play it if needed but I haven't had much experience recently other than back in MSV when you could 1 tank some bosses. I keep up to date with frost and try my best to play to the best of my ability in a spec I have little chance for practice. This said, if needs be, I could get back into DPS relatively quickly if needed.

Class Info:
I started playing a Deathknight approximately 1 month after they were released and haven't stopped playing since. A priest was my first ever character, and a paladin was my second. But I found that at the time the DK was the most fun to play (I was a complete noob back then). Non the less I ploughed on with it and have never really played much else as regards to raiding.
Deathknight tanks aren't the best tanks in the patch, I'll admit that much, but we do have some interesting abilities for aoe (albeit the aggro somewhat nerfed this patch) and have some good survivability and self healing. We have some good personal CD's and ofc the CR! While we may not have much in a sense of raid wide CD's we bring what we can through talents, with some being quite important on specific fights! (AMZ on Thok, Asphyxiate on Galakras, Nazgrim and others including Garry).
When it comes to abilities, with a tank its a little different when it comes to priorities. But I guess what I go by is Survive, Keep aggro, Minimize Damage taken and therefore healing required, support the raid and then deal as much damage. This pretty much sums it up so anything that aids with this is what I hit.
With regards to stat priorities it is a little up in the air when it comes to DK tanking, and tanking in general. There are a few paths I could go down but I aim for the High Mastery/High Haste route. As lovely as Dodge/Parry is, it's just a little too spikey for my liking. I find that Haste smooths things out a little. I do however constantly check around the internet and if something appears that is miles above the others, I will check it out and have a try! I constantly ask my healers to see if my changes that I have implemented have made a difference and I always get a "nope" back at me, which leads me to believe that there is not much difference with the different paths.

Raid experience:
I'm currently 1/14 HC in SoO with my current raid. Previous to 5.4 I was not in a raid group capable of killing many bosses when they were current.
My favourite raid by far is ICC and I don't think that will ever change. I took a break in Cata due to it being terrible imo and RL commitments and I wasn't playing in BC sadly, and with the guild I'm in, previous to 5.4 it was impossible to kill any bosses of current content. I have always told myself to move to a different guild and maybe this is the time?

Guild history:
I started in a guild called Rogue Traders when I first joined the game, that was due to a real life friend being in that guild. Shortly after I hit level 80, I moved to a guild called Vanquísh and started raiding ToC. This was when I didn't know much at all about the game, I was young and naive and this was where I learnt the basics of WoW and raiding. We managed to get to Deathbringer Saurfang within the week that ICC was released (it was released in stages) but a day after doing this, the guild leader decided to move realms and disband the guild. So after leaving there, I joined my current guild, The Orgrimmar Massive, due to having my RL friends and the friends I'd made in Rogue Traders being in there (there was a bit of a guild merge) and I've been there ever since struggling through content until 5.4, when we had a raid meltdown and ended up merging Horde Evolutions with us due to their raid melting down also. This brings us to where we are now. I currently raid lead team 1 which consists of 5 HE players, 3 TOM players and 2 players pulled from another guild, S T O R M.

When can you play:
I can raid Weds, Thurs, Sat, Sun from 20-23h ST if that's what is needed, and get back from work on Mon, Tues, and Fri at ~ 22:30 ST. I currently raid Weds/Sun 20:00-23:30/19:00-23:00 ST with the team I'm in.

Where are you from:
England! Woot!

About you:
Damn I suck at these things. Well I'm Moose (as people call me), or Joey in real life. I currently work in a fish and chip shop after dropping out of Uni. I'm just taking a little break from academic work atm! I live in a small town in the middle of nowhere up in the lovely place of North Yorkshire. I've never lived outside of Yorkshire (ha go me!) but I do quite like that. I sometimes have strong opinions and usually will put them across in some way shape or form. I've been told I can be a little too strong, but it seems to run the raid okay. I try not to upset people (because who wants that?!) but if something needs to be said, I will say it. I can be very blunt and I have been told I'm a marmite person, you either love me or hate me! This all doesn't sound too great but I guess I am who I am. I can step up and be a leader if needed and quite like that, but I will also sit back and be quite if required. I'm into most things computer/console. I have a PS4 with most of the games so if you do too then sweet! Lets have a game together! I love Tea and Beer, especially on raid nights! Also, I'm reliable and will never mess anyone around.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild:
The main reason I want to join is because of the raiding. I'm just going to throw it out there, I like progression, I like gear. I want to be one of the best but I have a real life that can sometimes conflict with this! I also feel like it might be time for a change from the guild that I am currently in. But my mind still isn't 100% on this atm.

UI and keybinds:
Shoot me now, I have never actually set up keybinds because I have found it has never really impacted my playstyle. I have always told myself that I will continue how I play until the point when I feel that complete keybinds will be necessary. This is mainly due to the fact that it will, admittedly, take me a while to get used to that way of play.
This is my UI out of combat:

Anything else:
I'm not 100% sure if I even want to move yet in all honesty. I have many alts and this character all in one guild, I have many friends here and I lead raid team 1. We did amazingly well through normal SoO to say we were a new team (cleared it within 6 weeks of setting up) but we have moved to HC and seemed to have hit a brick wall. A lot of it has been the issue that we have 10 players and no more, so if one person is out, we can't raid HC. I'm wanting to try it after christmas and see if things pick up, but if they don't, I feel like this is the time for me to finally make a move and make more progression personally.

Post subject: Re: Minimoose - Blood Deathknight
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:43 am  

Seems well written, only thing I can maybe pick up on is lack of binds, might help a lot during heroic :)

But I would be up for giving yah ago.

/for

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:37 pm  

Yeah, I know that it could definitely help and like I said, if I get to the stage where I feel I'm letting the team down due to not playing with keybinds, then I will switch to using them! I do however get surprised replies when I tell people that I don't use keybinds. I guess it's just what you're used to.

But thank you :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:27 pm  

Everyone is on Christmas holiday atm, so sorry for the late responses.

When more people come online I will poke them your way for a few more replys :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:03 pm  

Don't worry about it! I understand :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:30 pm  

Site Admin

Hello, thanks for applying, sorry about the massive amount of time it took us to reply.

I like your well-written application, although I am kinda perplexed by the keybind thing and the fact that you say you're not even sure you actually want to join :P. You said you wanted to try after christmas and see if things pick up; any news about the situation?

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:29 am  

I understand that it is a little strange! Most people are surprised when I tell them I don't use keybinds.

The situation is that I lead team 1 in my current guild. Whilst this team is great, there have been some rough patches as of lately and I'm just getting really tired of it all after 3 years of sticking through them. I'm currently trying to fix the problems, but if they don't get fixed, I'll be looking to leave and start fresh.

I'm also wondering, if I were to join, what would the raiding situation be? Mainly what would you want me doing?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:43 pm  

Site Admin

I guess that would depend on how well you can tank. Personally I wouldn't mind at all to play my warlock, but (I don't mean to sound conceited/big-headed here) I think that as a tank my awareness of what's happening with the raid and sense of positioning and timing and understanding of boss abilities is quite decent, I am one of the people that try to call out important stuff as often as possible and I try to make sure everything is under control. So basically if I were to replace myself with somebody, I would be looking for a "leader" kind of tank that can do these (and all the other) things as well as I can, or even better. You say you lead the raid team in your guild. Could you handle this? (of course we're talking about heroic modes, not facerollable normals where you don't really have to pay attention to anything at all anymore :P).

Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:15 am  

Okay. So my short answer to this is possibly.

Yeah I've been leading my current raid, and I like to think that I definitely am a leader tank. I always call stuff out and keep people in check, mainly because I have to! We do though, usually, make it a team effort, so I encourage help from other people within the raid, mainly a 'lead' DPS and a 'lead' healer, i.e. the people that like to be vocal because I don't know everything about everyone!

But then again, I've never properly raided any HC progression content (other than killing Immerseus and trying to kill the protectors with this group) so I can't safely say that YES! I can do this!

However I'd definitely give it a go! A challenge is fun!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:50 pm  

Site Admin

Maybe we could give it a shot then if you're still interested; test you on some of the farm bosses. That would probably happen on Wednesday or Thursday from 20:00 server time. You can contact Alunari, Kurisu or me in-game for more info.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]