[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [withdrawn] Application: Loldemort

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:56 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: [withdrawn] Application: Loldemort
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:18 am  

Character name: Loldemort

Character class: Death Knight

Professions: Mining(600); Blacksmithing (276) i just recently deleted my Tailoring skill (maxed) because i thought that BS had better Perks for a DK :P, i will level it asap

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): Frost MS 560/562 ilvl; Blood OS 562/562 ilvl http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... t/advanced

Respeccing: I am very willing to witch from Frost to Blood if it is required in a raid, even though I much rather DPS as Frost, what the raid needs has to come first. Up to now i have tanked the first 5 Bosses of SoO on Normal difficulty and and almost every Boss on flexible.

Class Info: I started off as a Alliance (don't hate me DX) Mage until level 55 when it was possible to create a Death Knight character. The Death Knight was the class that immediately caught my eye whilst creating my 1st character and i was so frustrated when I could not create one , so I leveled a this Mage until level 55 and then just dumped it to create my Horde DK. DK's are a very good class even though some people might argue about that, especially Blood DK's are in my opinion the best Tanks at the moment. However Blood is only my off-spec. Frost is the most popular of the 2 DK DPS spec's by far. This is probably because it's much easier than Unholy and because most people prefer to see big numbers rather than damage over time with DoT's also Frost just suits a Death Knight doesn't it?
There are two ways you can decide to play a Frost Death Knight, Dual wield or 2 Handed. Now, most people play 2 Handed because 1 weapon is just easier to acquire than 2x 1Handed. 2Handed can have very big crits and for that you have to make sure that you have all your diseases applied on the target each one of them gives Obliterate (the move in question) and additional 12% damage and a succesessful Obliterate also has a chance to proc a rune-free Howling Blast which is our main AoE nuke as well as part of the single target rotation. 2Handed as higher bursts than DW but also more downtime and your runes regenerate slowlier, it's also considerate to be better at single target that DW.
As a Dual wielding Frost Death Knight things are a bit different. You can no longer make huge crits with your Obliterate and the move becomes in fact way less relevant in the rotation. AS DW you will still need to keep your diseases on your target(s). Frost strike becomes more prominent and is your runic power dumper. As DW you should have the tier 5 talent Blood Tap which charges with Frost strike so that we can regenerate some runes for some extra Howling Blasts. If you are feeling lucky you can throw in the occasional Obliterate and hope for a free Howling Blast but only if you have more runes than you can spend OR in an AoE fight in which Howling Blast is essential. DW Frost DK's don't have the highest bursts but you will never see a meele spec which can keep up the same stable DPS for that long, they are considered better at AoE than 2 Handers.
However stat priorities are different between DW and 2H. DW is Mastery>Crit>Haste (mastery grants us increased frost damage) and 2H is Crit>Mastery>Haste as well as keeping both Hit and Expertise at 7.50% (that's such a pain :P)

Raid experience: With my current group we have cleared 11/14 normal and 1/14 HC (with you guys actually :P however i don't suck like I did there! i was totally not prepared that night), however i have flex experience on every boss and and i have watched video guides as well as read written guides about each boss.
I have told myself how much I hate that boss n almost every boss i have fought up to now :P but i have to say my all time favourite boss is Kael'thas Sunstrider in Tempest Keep because he was so nice to drop me his mount on one of my 1st attempts :D.

Guild history:BEWARE:Since this is a Wildhammer guild and i am from Thunderhorn you might not know about the guilds im about to mention.
My 1st guild was a guild called Revelations in which I had been for a very long time and I have made some really good friends there and I raided all through MoP there until 5.4. Some weeks before 5.4 most of the raiders decided to move server because they did not like to be on a "dead" server like Thunderhorn. However I remained on Thunderhorn because i was positive that connected realms would turn things around. I was looking for a new raiding team and i found out that Corruptions was looking to build a second raiding group. I joined and our fresh little group managed to clear 11/14 bosses in SoO. But now there have been some arguments in my guild between grp1 and grp2. Grp1 stole one of our healers for their own group and they more or less told us to fck off because their group is more important than ours. So new we have been looking for a new healer and meanwhile another healer quit the game and one of our tanks has gone AWOL. Not liking the atmosphere in the guild the Raidleader and his RL friends have decided to create their own guild but im not very positive about that. In any case we are still missing a good Tank and 2 healers and thats not so easy to find so im a bit torn apart on what to do.

When can you play: I can play on any night 20-23 server time( but id rather not on friday and sunday night), i am flexible i can arrange it in such way that i can raid on the required nights without interruptions

Where are you from: I am a non danish speaking Dane who lives in England!!! WOHO!

About you: I am originally from Denmark but I have lived in Brussels all my life. Now i have lived and studied in Cambridge since September. I have a lot of free time between courses to play WoW and to do stuff in the outside world :P

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I mainly want to join because I fear very much that my (very unstable) raiding group is going to fall apart and we cant raid as long as we don"t find 3 replacements.
I am looking for a friendly group to clear content and gather all da lootz!!! No but seriously i mainly want to have fun during raids while still being serious and actually achieving something.
As I am planning to go on playing in WoD i am looking for a guild who is actually thinking about it and planning for the future to make sure that we can start as soon as possible ( since you mention that in your /trade chat advertisement).

UI and keybinds: WoWScrnShot_010114_223310.jpg
WoWScrnShot_010114_223310.jpg [ 322.23 KiB | Viewed 12271 times ]

I know i don't have many UI addons, I just like the Blizzard default one(except for X-perl because the player/target frame had to be a bit more specific) and yeah the spells and moves that need to be casted quickly are keybound. It just works fine for me.
Some spells are bound to more than 1 Key so don't worry i dont need to reach to 8 to use Pillar of ice :P

Anything else: Not really i hope this i application is not to bad and I am still very grateful for you guys to have dragged me in on Immerseus HC ^^ i really appreciated it :)

Post subject: Re: Application: Loldemort
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:25 pm  

I like the bit where you say you like to play frost because of the bigger numbers instead of small dots, you clearly have not seen my Soulreaper crits on my UH DK >:D

Anyways I've seen you in action and I'm /for for giving you a go :P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:00 pm  

Haha well I have almost no experience playing UH so I'll have to take your word for it :D. However as sad as it is DW doesn't crit as high as 2handed :(.
Anyway thx for the answer and I'd love you guys to give me a go.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:06 pm  

Any update about the situation? :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:04 pm  

We need an update on this one guys :3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:20 pm  

Hello there,
1st, sorry for being too slow about updates on your application.
2nd, as I do not know much about Death Knights, I'm going to trust Smokey. He has shown some kind of favour to you, so I think you have a good chance of joining this guild.
3rd, as I do not have the power to invite you or not, I will at least poke our Guild Master to look at this application and say something about this. As he's currently away, it might be later this day, so stay in touch please.

Mavian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:04 pm  
Officer

Hey there, like Mavian says we are very sorry that we didnt reply to this sooner. I like the app in general. What i dont like is that you didnt level your BS faster, you will not even be considered to raid without it maxed out. However im guessing you can fix that pretty quick isnt that so? ^^

We do not have a raiding DK right now wich is in favor for you, but im not sure you will have a spot on progressionfights, they didnt happen as much the last couple of weeks, but it looks like we are picking it up again. However when it comes to farm and clearing you will maybe have a chanse to join. And ofc flexraids wich tends to happen on tuesdays.

What im trying to say is we cannot promise you a stable raidingspot for now atleast, when it comes to WoD however things might look different, or rather they will look different :)

Im not a raidleader so i cant really say yes/no to you, but i will have our Guildmaster give you a defenitive answer later today.

Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:39 pm  

Site Admin

Hello, apologies for the late reply.

Like Alu said, we don't really have a full spot for you in our group right now (also I seem to remember that you kept dying on that Immerseus fight, sorry, but that's just my first in-game impression of you :P) so you'd have to content yourself with just flex runs and occasional invites for farmed bosses. WoD might be another story, but that's still a few months away. Also, during our dreadfully slow reply process you seem to have found a new guild for yourself so I'm going to wish you good luck in there and close this application. Once again, I am sorry about the amount of time it took us to reply.

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:49 pm  

Hey there,

what you need to understand is that on that immerseus fight i got summed in and the pull timer was already at 3 sec (till pull) so i had little time to prepare, also i had not looked up the in-depht mechanics of the HC encounter ( as i did not think i would need to anytime soon lol ) and i did precisely know like where you wanted me to stand etc. On the second try i admit i died out of pure retardness, but hey that happens to everyone :P.

At the time that i made my application my current raiding group was falling apart and people were leaving so i thought there was little point in staying, so i applied. However the remaining players decided to create their own guild ( the one i'm currently in right now) and we started recruiting and we got a good group together ( some of our people even came back ).
The guild is going strong atm with new people joining everyday and our progress is 12/14. As i am a full time raider and officer in that guild now i see little point in joining in a guild in which i would only be doing flex ( from which i don't need gear in any case ) and the odd normal while i could be experiencing the full progress of the raid myself. Please don't take this badly you are a great guild with an extremely good HC progress and anyone would be lucky to join your group it just makes more sense to stay where i am atm.
However depending on what happens in the next expansion i might try my luck here again :P.

Anyway thx for the nice responses and feedback and ill see you around :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]