[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [approved] Abyss - Discipline Priest (New application)

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:34 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: [approved] Abyss - Discipline Priest (New application)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:46 pm  

Character name: Abyss

Character class: Priest

Professions: Enchanting(600) and Tailoring(600)

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode):
Main Spec: Discipline
Off Spec: Shadow
What kind of gear do you have?: My gear has improved quite drastically over the weeks although is still not as high as i would like. It is mainly lfr/flex Siege of Orgrimmar gear with the occasional heroic mode item from Siege of Orgrimmar (thanks to you guys.)
Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... s/advanced
Respeccing: I am able to play each spec that the priest consists of, having working knowledge of both discipline and holy healing from when i healed as a priest in Dragon Soul hc, and working knowledge of shadow having applied to your guild first with that, however i was more needed as a healer(Hence the new application). I enjoy all 3 mentioned specs therefore im willing to change to whatever suits the guild/raid team more.

Class Info: I enjoy playing a priest as I like how there is more than one healing spec, I like how the dps spec is all about perfecting your rotation and not allowing dots to fall off. As i apply for discipline however, The main part I enjoy of that spec is atonement healing, as it makes you feel like you are providing more than healing for your raid team, also having the strong ability to mitigate damage aswell as heal it up quite powerfully, makes the discipline priest a quite useful asset to any raiding team. The way I personally play my discipline priest is, if damage is minimal/if i know there is no big damage aoe damage coming up, i would atonement heal (smite spam/power word:solace on cooldown), to keep raid topped up and Divine aegis on tank/other raid members, i would use power word: sheild on tanks off weakened soul debuff and pain suppression for emergency circumstances. For when i know massive aoe damage is about to occur, i would use Archangel and spirit shell together and start building up some large absorbs on the raid to help reduce panic for the large damage phases, this means i need to keep an eye on dbm cooldowns to see when each boss spell is happening, so i can be prepared for when to use cooldowns. My stat priority also, is i favour critical strike and spirit over any other secondary stat as that allows my divine aegis to proc more from the more critical strikes i do, however as disc dosent need as much spirit as other healing classes i still prefer a good amount of spirit.

Raid experience: In my previous application i have stated this, however i feel my last application was of a poor standard to what it should have been, in all aspects of it therefore:
tier 10(when i started raiding): 11/12 normal. I healed as a holy paladin, which that character is now deleted.
tier 11: 12/12 normal. I healed aswell as a resto shaman, this character has also been deleted.
tier 13: 8/8 hc. This was my best tier for raiding, It was this tier which I knew i wanted to get back into that type of raiding again. I healed this as a Holy(MS)/Disc(OS) priest, which i still play today.
There has been a few kills in other raids, but they are not significant enough to mention.

Guild history:
The Outcasts@Laughing skull (horde)
The Laughing skulls@Laughing skull (I know very creative haha) (alliance)
Delusions of Grandeur@Wildhammer (Alliance)
currently, in your guild, No skill just luck@wildhammer (horde)

When can you play: I am on all nights, if not most. When im given a raid schedule i stick to it, and if i have an event coming up which causes me to miss a raiding day ill let you guys know in advance. As you may have seen I dont think ive been offline for one of your raids currently.

Where are you from: Northern Ireland.

About you: Well, there is nothing really to me, Im at school, i enjoy gaming alot, best aspect of world of warcraft is getting to know the people you are playing with by talking on teamspeak for example or doing challenge modes with a group of them :).

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: Im currently in your guild, but i felt that since i have been asked to focus my healing spec then a new application should been focused on also.

UI and keybinds:
The screenshot shows all keybinds, i use.
WoWScrnShot_012814_184816.jpg
WoWScrnShot_012814_184816.jpg [ 263.6 KiB | Viewed 35845 times ]

Anything else: Sorry if anyone finds it annoying that i made a second application, i just felt my last one was of a poor standard than what it should have been and since i have been asked to go discipline then it gave me the perfect chance to try again :).

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]