[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [approved] Darkansus - Subtlety rogue

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 3:01 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Darkansus - Subtlety rogue
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:38 am  

Seeing as she will be busy doing all kinds of fun stuff in South America, I doubt she will have the time or the energy to be calling me every single raid night. That being said, the time difference between us is six hours, which means that if we have a skype called planned, it will most likely trump being on teamspeak.
I cannot say for sure yet how often these calls will be happening, my best guess is every other week or so. If this means I will have to skip a raid night two or three times a month, so be it.

When I am on TS with a raid, I prefer to mostly listen to tactics being explained and joke around with the people I am raiding with. I do of course try to provide feedback if I think I have valuable info, but during an encounter I tend to only call out what is necessary in order to concentrate. I really enjoy the teamspeak during 10-man raids and have had lots of fun in these, while calls with 25 people sometimes tend to be a bit messy :)
I wouldn't describe myself as shy - I just try to stay quiet around encounters in order for people to be able say what needs to be said.

For me WoW doesn't have an expiration date as I do not plan on moving in with my girlfriend. I must admit that I don't yet know if I will have time for World of Warcraft when I start studying. I will most likely decide in September or October. I plan on playing for at least the first months of Warlords of Draenor though.
I hope this answers your questions :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:12 pm  

This may cause some issues if you have to trump being on TS, as on Heroic communication is king, and it's something we try to encourage heavily and if you can't commit to this fully within our raiding hours it could and most likely will cause some issues.

As for your class you seem willing to learn all manner of new things and know the class quite well.

Only cause for concern is how much you could commit to these raiding times, as we raid 5 nights a week on average, we have geared quite a few people to only have them quit or run off, which it turns wastes alot of time and makes progression far far harder as we have to find someone else who is capable and then gear them to start where we left of.

If you can commit from 19:45 - 23:00 game time 5 nights a week (Might change in WLOD) Then I see no issue in getting you into the mix ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:25 pm  

One thing to keep in mind is that even if I talk to my girlfriend once a week, this may not even collide with the raid nights. I understand that not being on teamspeak during the complicated encounters makes things considerably harder, so maybe this means that I will have to cancel a raid every once in a while. This means that I will probably be able to raid four days most weeks, maybe sometimes five. To be honest I don't really know how often she will be calling me since the WIFI spots are scarce in South America :P
Taking this into account I think that I will be able to raid approximately four days a week.

I always want to get better in WoW through both gear- and skill, which is the reason that this guild appeals to me. It seems like a good place to learn even more about my class and about heroic encounters. You seem like nice people willing to teach which is why I don't see myself quitting the guild anytime soon if give me a chance by accepting me into the guild :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:05 pm  

I've been keeping an eye on this thread, and you seem like a decent enough person, and another rogue to make smokey look bad is always a bonus.
im not personally part of the raiding team so i couldnt tell you how the potential of not being there a day could change outcome of application,
However like i said you seem decent and if your willing to learn i cannot personally see what problem there would be with inviting you and see how you do.

Kaljib

Edit
After recent events i am looking at setting up a second group and therefore, if you couldnt commit to the group one times and the officers agree, i would perhaps like to steal you for our new team. Of course if your intrested to :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:11 pm  

That sounds great! I'm dying to get into raiding right now and would love to join your team :D
A group progressing at the content that I have reached is just what I am looking for. It seems like the right solution to join the second team in which the raid hours are not fully determined yet. This ensures that I will be able to be there most nights and avoids any potential teamspeak-related conflicts.

I'm in if you want me! :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:39 pm  

Spoken to you tonight, Re-assuring the fact you seem a decent bloke, although i do think you must've been drunk to compliment smokey ;),

im /for

Kaljib

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:58 pm  
Officer

I have no problems with this, i will just have a quick word with an other officer quick.

You will have your answer tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:04 pm  
Officer

You can /w Alunari, Dagthul, Smokeyegg or Kurisu for an inv to the guild, and sry for the long wait :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2