[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [approved] Darkansus - Subtlety rogue

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:35 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [approved] Darkansus - Subtlety rogue
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:28 am  

Character name: Darkansus.

Character class: Rogue (Troll).

Professions: Jewelcrafting (600) and Mining (600). I am currently considering rerolling JC/Enchanting for the money making potential.

Talent specs:
Subtlety for the highest damage potential with the weapons I have available (Flex daggers).

Gear level:
As of writing this application my iLvl is 542. I got to this level mainly by regularly finding flex groups through AddOns.

Armory link:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... s/advanced

Which spec(s) are you playing?
I play subtlety right now, because it simply yields the highest numbers for me in the raids I have been running. During my gearing up in LFR i played assassination and found my damage to be a little low. After i got the trinket "Assurance of Consequence" which lowers the cooldown on both Shadow Dance and Vanish I was certain that respeccing would help me get a higher damage output. This is why i chose subtlety.
I try to stay gemmed and enchanted and reforge for 7.5% hit and expertise with my statistic priority being Haste>Crit>Mastery, which I hope my gear reflects. This allows me to have a steady dps of 170-200 k depending on the fight.

Class Info:
My rogue was my first character and has always been my main since late vanilla, when I was basically only a kid who didn't have any clue what I was doing :). The ability to chose fights in both PvP was what got me into the class. I would spend a lot of time in low lvl BGs on my rogue having fun while trying to destroy mages and warlocks. At the time I didn't know how much content I was missing out on by not leveling to 60.
As I started raiding Kara, SSC and TK during TBC, I enjoyed raiding as combat. I always liked the idea that rogue abilities such as Slice and Dice and Rupture (through Sanguinary Veins) are used partially to enhance the damage from melee and partially to
I never got really far into raiding though since it seemed to me that getting entry level raiding gear was very hard. Thus I stopped playing shortly after the release of WotLK.
Since I have tried all rogue specs at max level, I am willing to switch between them if needed.

Raid experience:
I ran Kara with my guild in TBC had alot of fun. My best kills at the time were Al'ar in TK and Lady Vashj with a friend of mine, who's raiding guild needed at stand-in.
I played a bit on a friends account in Wrath and killed Putricide in ICC on his restoration Shaman, but I think I forgot how to play that class again :p.

Guild history:
To be honest I don't really remember, since TBC was a long time ago. I started playing again two months ago and have been looking for a good guild to raid with, since I want to see some of the endgame content I have been missing out on in previous expansions.
At level 90 I have been in a few different guilds, nothing serious. I have been running flex 1 and 2 with my current guild Bring Back Killquest. I get along nicely with the players in the guild, but as they have failed to actually run the raids they have planned I decided to look for a new guild.

When can you play:
I am currently working 6-14 most weekdays and Saturday nights from 18-24 and will be able to play most nights. This means I have to get up quite early in the morning. 20-23 works for me on all days except Saturday, but I don't think that I will be able to stay up very late if the raids run longer than scheduled.

Where are you from:
I am from Denmark, I live in northern Jutland with my parents, but plan on moving out over the summer.

I am 19 years old. Don't worry - my parents won't rage if I stay up till late ;).

About you:
My name is Rasmus and I graduated from high school last spring. Since then I have taken a break from studying and tried to save a bit of money, that I plan on spending on the next couple of years, during which I will be studying medicine at Aalborg University.
I have a girlfriend who I will probably also be spending some nights on skype with, since she is going away for four whole months to see the world :(. This means that I might not be available for voice chat all of the time, but she won't be coming over unexpectedly, so when I sign up for a raid I expect to be able to be there.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild:
As explained I would like to see the endgame content of WoW. I also really want to experience team play as a part of raiding, which I miss from back in the day. I look forward to gearing up and to be challenged by the tactics of normal and heroic SoO. Starting up I hope to join alt runs or secondary teams in normal and early heroics.

UI and keybinds:
I try to keybind every ability that I use while in combat. I have changed my A and D buttons to strafe instead of turn for increased mobility. I originally did this to avoid clicking and back paddling in PvP and decided to roll with it in PvE too. You will note that Shadow Blades and Berserking are currently not bound to any buttons. This is because they are included in the macro on shift+R that pops my cooldowns simultaneously. They share cooldowns, which is why I did this.
Slice and Dice is also bound to a macro on shift+F, which also pops premeditation if I am in stealth. I guess it allows for a strong opener to already have a haste and energy increase before breaking stealth.
I use Recount, Deadly Boss Mod and SliceAdmiral as my main AddOns during fights. These help me

Attachments:
Darkansus_UI.png
Darkansus_UI.png [ 1.57 MiB | Viewed 13686 times ]

Post subject: Re: Darkansus - Subtlety rogue
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:43 pm  

Seems a well written application, as someone who always wanted to but could never play a rogue with any sort of skill, i can only go by the fact you appear to have knowledge about the class and will ask the rogue in the main group to check you out,, There has been talk of setting up a secondary group to start normal and maybe a few heroics although i am unsure where that has got to.

All in all, you seem decent enough, but i am unsure on current situation of secondary group which means for now it could just be flex with the occasional invite to clear hc farm bosses.
/for

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:41 pm  

Hey there! Thanks for applying, just a few things, could you log out with your pve gear equipped so I can have a nose around at your gear, and also a mention of your opening sequence and ability priority, as the priority changes ALOT as sub depending on trinket procs or expose armor buffs :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:22 am  

Hey :)
As requested I logged out with my PvE gear equipped. I forgot to log out with the right gear equipped last night - my bad.
My opening sequence is revolved around getting the most out of bleeds, keeping SnD up and using the Expose Weakness debuff as much as possible:
Premed> SnD> Garrote (to apply 35% damage buff as early as possible)> Ambush > 5CP (2 from From Honor Among Thieves) rupture (I want to get this ticking as soon as possible since Sanguinary Vein increases rupture damage by 50%).
Then I apply Hemorrhage (To get the DoT up)> Backstab till 5 CP> Evis> Backstab till 5CP> SnD (which usually is about to fall off by now).
At this point the Expose Weakness debuff is falling off, so I Shadow dance and pop Shadow Blades + Berserking to get the maximum amount of finishers and melee hits so as to use the ArPen most efficiently.
As this next Expose weakness is falling off I pool energy, Vanish and 2x Ambush to apply new buff.
I pop premeditation and do this again when debuff is falling off.
After the second vanish my Shadow Dance is almost off cooldown. I pop it when it comes off to apply the debuff again ASAP.

My main combo point builder in this phase of the fight is Ambush, which I use basically whenever possible. In the long run i spam backstab and use SD on cooldown, lining it with SB or 'Zerking whenever possible. I always make sure to keep Rupture, SnD and Hemorrhage up, refreshing the finishers when 2sec> left.
I hope this covers the information you were looking for :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:02 pm  

I should probably mention that I also pop Tricks of the Trade at the start of the encounter on the main tank to make sure he holds aggro even through Bloodlust.
Afterwards I try to use it on cooldown too, but I have trouble remembering to use it, which is why I am working on creating a macro that uses the ability on a designated target when i use Backstab. This is shouldn't be too hard to do since ToT isn't on the global cooldown and ensures full uptime on ToT. I think this is quite important since the damage buff versus energy cost is very good.
Cheers :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:49 pm  

With the hemorrhage glyph there is no reason to use rupture unless you have trinket procs up when you do not have expose armor present.

The opener I use and is most effective is, pre-med, hemorrhage, ambush, 5CP SnD, ambush then go straight into shadow dance as trinket procs will be up at this point, I also advise that you should never stack Shadow blades with shadowdance, as shadowblade damage bypasses all armor anyways which will make expose armor uptime pointless, this way if you space out shadowdance and shadowblades u can bypass the armor of the boss/add for a longer period of time.

I also assume you pool 70 energy before you pop Sdance or Sblades? :D

Teir three talents you should be using elusiveness the damage reduction gain on this is far to insane not to use it over some small heals, as of yet I have not ever been in a fight this expansion where I have not used this talent over everything else.

Teir 5, I guess is kind of optional but I find paralytic poison extremely useful this teir as alot of bosses have stunable adds, such as nazgrim and galakras, what makes it even stronger is that these stuns do not share a DR with kidney shot and cheap shot :)

Your gear looks optimal, haste daggers, two BiS trinkets, of which AoC makes sub viable :D

You look like someone who we can try out in our flex raids etc, as of now you will not be able to make main raid due to lack of experience in a heroic raiding environment and lack of gear, (Cloak) & (gem).

With this in mind would you mind being in for just flex atm with possible alts runs, or future raiding in WLOD in the new 20 man difficulties?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:57 pm  

Your opener seems to make alot of sense, as it costs less energy to apply Hemorrhage bleed than it does to apply Garotte. This gives me enough energy for a second ambush which will yield higher damage :)
Is Rupture really not worth using even though Sanguinary Vein increases it damage so much? I always just assumed it was a major part of the subtlety skillset and I have always tried to get full uptime on it. It made some sort of sense to me I guess. I haven't read any theory on Rupture vs. Evis though, so you are probably right and I will try to use Hemorrhage to get the bleed effect up instead.
You seem like you really know how to play a rogue. Would you mind explaining in more depth how Rupture works? When is it worth applying?

I haven't really chosen any talents for good yet, since I am still playing around with the different settings and playstyle. The damage reduction seems really strong, but I figured the self heal would ease the job for the healers and the shiv effect from Leeching Poison has been nice to have sometimes. Once again you are probably right: Mitigating damage is of course stronger than being able to heal the damage you've taken.
I never really gave paralytic poison much thought since the 10% damage buff on adds seemed strong and the poison application seemed quite unreliable to me when not having the Envenom buff from assassination tree.
I will respec accordingly, thanks for the tips :D

I would love to join the guild even if it is only for flex and alt runs, since these most likely are more reliable than the runs that my current guild is doing. I hope that I can prove myself and maybe join some of your bigger runs once I get more experience and the legendary cloak in a months time. Kaljib mentioned normal runs on a secondary team, is there any chance that these are going to be happening any time soon :)?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:03 pm  

Ermm as for rupture the only reason people weave it into their rotation is because how the old Sanguinary Vein used to work, pr using garrote on opener when there was no hemorrhage glyph.

As for damage in theory rupture can do more damage than a eviscerate but only if nearly every tic is a crit, which is unlikely, as sub when gemming agility along with 2nd stat prior your crit will be rather high, so it's more reliable getting a high number of eviscerate crits of the bat than hoping for nearly every rupture tic to crit for a very small dps gain if you get me? The chances of you getting one eviscerate crit vs 8 rupture tics ;)

The only time I bother to put up rupture is when I get an agility proc from a trinket, with both of my trinkets up (AoC hc) (Harroms hc WF) I get nearly 90% crit, so I apply rupture then due to the very high crit rating on the snapshot of my stats, I only do this when there is no expose armor present and if the add will live long enough to endure the whole duration of the dot :)

And aye you are right, it will be more efficient for healers mana to reduce incoming damage than healing through it, as they have to work against global cooldowns too, Thok hc is a prime example :D

As for second raid team I have not heard a great detail of what is going on but will be looking into it further.

I'm /for

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:06 pm  

Oh yes with the paralytic poison, as sub the attack speed is so high from haste stacking (Mastery also increases SnD effectiveness) the poison applications are very very fast, working at 168% haste with SnD up atm (Last time I checked)

Also, when you have expose armor up, you can refresh your hemorrhage when it is at least 50% duration or less, as the bleed effect damage is based on the initial hit damage you deal, bigger hemorrhage crit/hit the more potent the bleed will be. But this is only a tiny small dps gain, but as I see it, damage is damage at the end of the day :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:23 am  
Officer

First of all to be able to join raids you have to be on Teamspeak wich means you cant have both. Either you speak with gf or you speak with us, there is to much shit going on in the raid that needs to be called out etc to not be there. Speaking of ts, do you speak or are you the quite shy guy that prefer not talking at all during raids?

What happens when your gf comes home after these 4 months? Will you still play?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next