[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [withdrawn] Crusadez - Arms Warrior - Raid application

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:11 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: [withdrawn] Crusadez - Arms Warrior - Raid application
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:12 pm  

Character name: Crusadez

Character class: Warrior

Professions: Blacksmithing and Mining

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): I'm an Arms warrior - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... z/advanced

Respeccing: My main spec used to be Protection the last 4 years, so from a lot of experience I can tank pretty well if needed, and I don't mind having Prot as an off spec. Although I prefer not to go Fury, never really liked the play style.

Class Info: Warrior has been my main since the end of BC, I loved Arms and still do. Loved it a lot more when stance-swapping was still a thing, made the class so much more fun, a shame it's gone. And about the abilties, just gotta make sure to always have rage for those big slam hits by timing the cooldowns right while also not wasting rage with a full rage bar. Always use MS on cooldown for that rage, and Colossus Smash on cooldown, I find it best to save some rage for Collossus Smash to use more abilities and do more damage, and also for the 2-set bonus I've got that gives +5 rage on each hit on targets affected by Colossus smash. I Also never waste any Overpower procs, and below 20% just spam Execute while still using CM and MS on cooldown, and Overpower when out of rage. And so many survival cd's, also sometimes swap to a different stance in certain situations, like berserker stance when taking some damage for that extra rage and even Def stance when taking too much damage that could be fatal. Also have a lot of useful raid abilities, like Rallyin Cry and those banners, I also use Vigilance now which I think is really helpful in raids. Stat priority hit/exp cap > str > crit > mastery > haste.

Raid experience: Cleared every raid in WotLK and Cata with my guild, I was raid leader and every raid took some time (we were a social guild) and our raid group wasn't good at all, I was main tank in all the raids, I find it a lot easier to control the raid while tanking. Unfortunately my guildies weren't that great, I always had to tell them on TeamSpeak, what to do and when to do it. But we had fun and that's what really mattered. Had so many amazing raid moments, like in Ulduar when we were progressing on Kologarn... "Everyone ready? Let's do this!" as I charge to the boss and somehow my auto-run was on and I casually walked through the boss off the ledge and died from fall damage as the boss shouts "You Fail!". That was just so emberrassing.. but yet so hilarious :D. Just so many good memories :'). I don't really have heroic raiding experience (explained in Guild history), but I know I'm good enough, I always know what I'm doing and I'd love to finally prove myself.

Guild history: Only really been in one guild for the last 6 years. I made many friends and the GM even became my GF, so as sad as it may sound I became emotionally attached to the guild. Had so many great moments and made new friends every day. Until MoP where the guild just slowly fell apart, our realm was already so empty (Shattered-halls) so looking for new members was impossible. We did manage to go MSV and beat the first 4 bosses (realm 3rd) until more members just stopped playing and we couldn't continue any raids because of lack in players. So the whole expansion I didn't really do normal/hc raids because of my guild and the emptiness of my realm (zero pugs). And few months ago (before the realm merging) we transferred to a new realm to try and start over, which didn't go well at all. It just made everything worse, we lost more members and the guild just slowly died. That's why I'm now looking for a new home.

When can you play: Pretty much all the time right now.

Where are you from: Belgium

About you: I enjoy reading and watching films, but I love gaming the most, it's pretty much all I do. Not just WoW, so many different games I play with friends on Teamspeak. Right now I'm recovering from a fractured shoulder and got all the time to play games!

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: Just looking for a new home, hoping to make new friends and have an awesome time in guild raids. I've always wanted to do heroic raids but never really got the chance, I'm also used to playing with less-skilled people from my guild, as douchy as that sounds.. So I'd love to play with other people of the same skill and just have an amazing time.

UI and keybinds: I pretty much keybind every ability I use in combat http://i.imgur.com/MBgVFTk.jpg?1

Anything else: Just remembered a little proof of not being terrible, I managed to hit wave 55-something on Proving Grounds as dps, was in the world top 10 on wowprogress when I got that few months ago, now it's something in the top 30 though, still made me feel proud! :D. Anyway, I'm still on Shattered-Halls right now. I'm willing to transfer to your realm if I'm accepted. However if there's trial runs I'll still stay on SH if that's alright, until I'm definately accepted. I don't want to waste transfer money, hope that's understandable.

Last edited by Crus on Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Crusadez - Arms Warrior - Raid application
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:47 pm  

Hi there,
Looking through your app you seem fairly decent geared, you do have a slight lack of exp but i doubt you would struggle to pick it up :)
i am not sure where group one is with what they need so i would have to speak to an officer alternatively im starting a group two that you would easily fit in to but will poke an officer to come check the app out :)
Good luck
Kaljib

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:59 pm  

HEY THERE! >:D

Currently we have two good warriors in our main group (DpS) and a prot war who is also in main grp, so making main grp would not happen unless one of them got stabbed etc etc.

However there is a mention of this 2nd grp which Kalist is putting together to my knowledge.

As long as you realise that you will not be able to join the main grp and are ok with waiting for a 2nd team to form I'm /for

>:D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:39 pm  

Thanks for replying,
I'd be fine with the 2nd group, just want to raid again ^.^
And I don't mind waiting, as long as it's fine for me to stay on my realm until the group has succesfully formed, then I'd transfer within a few hours :)

If the leader of the 2nd group could update here on the progress of the group, would be awesome :D
edit: or just let me know on realID - Crus#2397

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:19 pm  

Im the guy thats trying to get a second team together, so far i believe we need 1 tank 2-3 healers and 2-3 dps (preferably ranged but would be willing to accept a melee or two).
i'm off to work in a second but will add your real id when im home and will talk when we both have 5 minutes

Kaljib

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:47 pm  

After speaking tonight, you offer everything we need for the second group. On that note i'd love to get you in and raiding with us and will look forward to seeing you soon :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:55 pm  

Site Admin

Hello,

thanks for a decent app, like Smokey said, our primary group is already a bit warrior heavy, but if Kalist says he wants you for that group and you're okay with that, I don't see a problem with taking you aboard. Kalist should keep you updated about the situation.

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]