[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [approved] Ketsia Destruction Warlock WoD Application

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 9:59 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: [approved] Ketsia Destruction Warlock WoD Application
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:03 pm  

Character name:
Ketsia
Character class:
Warlock

Professions:
Tailor (Max Level) Enchanting (Max Level)

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode):

Destruction
Currently have 508 Gear level due to only recently hitting max level after re rolling to this character.

Respeccing:
Would have no major concern changing specs.

Class Info:

Stats priority -
Importantly spell hit cap which is 15% so I use hit or expertise gems (I am aware that most secondary stats will be removed come WoD)
Mastery due to current this stat scales better than other secondary stats
Crit/Haste are fairly equal

Ability/Rotation
Cast immolate & keep it up on the target which is destructions only dot
Cast conflagrate (don't let this spell get to 2 charges) this also generates backdraft to reduce mana cost of incinerate & chaos bolt by 30%
use incinerate as main filler spell. all generate burning embers.

Chaos bolt - uses burning embers this is best used with a proc of some sort e.g Dark Soul: Instability, lightweave embroidery, skull banner. I like to have 2 embers in the bank anything above that & have a proc I use Chaos Bolt.
Shadow Burn - Also uses embers works similar to warriors execute but once used it increases mana regen & is kills an enemy it generates an ember.

Havoc - a good spell with a 25 sec cd which allows a chaos bolt or 3 single target spells to hit a target you apply this to. (I use a mouse over macro for this ability)

summoning doomguard or infernal - are good cd's & used depending if u want extra single target damage or aoe

I think warlocks are a great dps class that will always when played correctly bring good damage that's aoe & single target.

Raid experience:
High level raiding since burning crusade all way up to MOP I stopped playing WOW just before could kill last boss in Heart of Fear due RL issues & I was not enjoying this expansion at all.

Guild history:
Bloodpact - first guild I was in with some family members left due to wanting to raid
Core Unit - Cracking guild cleared karazan & most of SSC unfortunately a mass migrate so guild fell apart
Awakening - Another good guild cleared SSC & TK up to keal lots of officers left & the guild did not progress as fast as I would like also a good friend left the guild so I decided to move on.
Delirium - Where my raid time started had a great time & raided with some great players. Cleared all TBC unfortunately failed on Kill'Jaeden on night before WOTLK launch A 20% wipe. stayed with Delirium up to Nax GM quit wow & officers soon joined so raids were few & far between. So the guild disbanded.
Leap Of Faith - Had a real good time in LOF & progress was also good cleared all of ulduar inc most achieves. Then randomly after raid GM & Officers said they were migrating the guild either go with them or stay I decided to stay on WH & find another guild.
Slackers Inc - Amazing guild great people I raided with slackers from Ulduar all way through to this exp when I stopped raiding in Heart of Fear & became a social member.

When can you play: I play just bout every day. I do work shifts but mostly online for 20.00 server time easily.

Where are you from: South Yorkshire England

About you: Im a guy from uk that works full time. I have 2 boys who I do spend time with but I like to wind down with playing games which is often ranging from WOW to COD also like a bit of GTA 5. I have played wow for a number of years this exp was the only one that caused me to quit I think the idea of Mythic raiding will bring people back in WoD.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I want to get back into raiding again come the next expansion. I am aware that my current gear is no way near what you guys need to progress in current content but my application is for WOD & if accepted be social till the launch.

UI and keybinds: If you're applying for a raiding spot, list your keybinds here and post a screenshot of your combat UI. You can use the img tags or upload it as an attachment.

/

Addons I use
DBM
Bartender
Vudho - for my healers also useful to place a soul stone on some one
Weak Auras - use to track my dots, procs etc
Recount - for my own comparisons

Anything else: If there's any other information you'd like to share with us, please do so here.

I am aware my cooking, fishing, first aid isn't maxed though my cooking is close. This would be fixed by WoD launch I plan to use the next few months waiting for the exp to get these last few secondary profs up to speed while doing LFR odd flex & trying to solo old content. Any other questions please feel free to ask.

Post subject: Re: Ketsia Destruction Warlock WoD Application
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:03 pm  

Hello and thank you for applying, just a quick few questions.

I saw in your chest piece and other items that you are gemming pure intellect, so far as I know warlocks gem mas/exp etc for their teir chest piece with 3 red sockets, as mastery far far better than intellect in terms of scaling, this works for all pieces of gear as mastery being superior to int in gems.

Also I would like to know if you have had progress in current content heroic raiding, or hard mode achievements, as you mentioned raiding in Ulduar :D

And how are you for communication, are you a talkative person or shy? And do you have any issues using TS?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:29 pm  

Hey in answer to your questions.

My gems - yeah I'm aware mastery is extremely strong & the best gemming option. My plan was to changed gems to int/mastery I'm currently over the hit cap so the extra expertise would be no benefit since I have quite a bit of gear with hit on them I went straight int as it was the gems I had in my bags to put straight in. Only got the chest & hands over weekend. Also from what ive read on icy veins int is only considered low in stat priority above 550 ilvl which unfortunately Im not that high.

Raiding - I've raided heroic content all but this exp. I have only done normal kills in msv, terrace & hof up to Amber as 25 man. Raids started to drop due to lack of numbers so we did a few 10 man runs but no heroics kills or tires I lost all enthusiasm with this exp & had som RL issues which caused me to stop playing wow this was in slackers inc. I returned earlier this yeah levelled this character in preparation for WoD

Communication - I have no issue using ts. I'm not a shy person but during raids I tend not to talk much but if it was something required would have no issues stepping up to the plate

Hope this answers your questions

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:25 pm  

Hi there thanks for applying

Gemming for locks does change a bit with ilvl smokey starts heavy int then int/mastery, ketsia the exp/mastery option can get a few more secondary stats from the hit on your gear at very high ilvl like this but yes at that ilvl int is definatly double mastery on stat weights.

Rotation wise dont be holding back embers if you can get a buffed CB off especially once you get to higher ilvl you can generate embers so fast its a waste not throwing that buffed CB youll just be throwing it unbuffed later on to avoid ember capping.

I was in slackers for a while earlier this year and we have a couple of x slackers that were in the guild for a long time what was you prev chars name?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:09 am  

Hey

Sorry thought I had put my previous character on.

My first character was smallz a rogue raided on that toon from tbc to wotlk till I moved to slackers inc. due to lack of melee places I was asked/offered to change mains which I did to Ortiz my holy paladin which was my main from end of ulduar raid all way through to MoP till I stopped playing the character is still in slackers.

Hope it answers you question

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:29 pm  

Site Admin

Hello,
thanks for applying, I like the app, don't see a problem with taking you aboard as social for now and as raider for WoD. Poke somebody in-game for an invite.

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:51 am  

Thanks will give some one a poke.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]