No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 5:55 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: [withdrawn] Application - Paladin, Druid or Lock
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:09 pm  

Character name: Kyto/Rawtide/Cdots

Before I start the full application I thought I'd start of by saying that I've literally just come back to the game from a short break due to my final year University Dissertation and before that I was lazily PVPing. I've not raided since the early part of this expansion and not hardcored since Cata, this obviously means a significant lack of gear on my part. I'm looking at playing a lot more (2-3 times a week) and thus rectifying my current gear situation. Back in the good old days of proper hardcore however (Vanilla/BC/WOTLK) I was in the top guilds such as Evade, Renovatio etc and used to raid everyday! So I do have experience and have kept up with most of my class changes, especially paladin. I spoke to Bluewaffle (Wow dude thanks for that image) and he said pop an app in so here goes:

Character class: Paladin/Druid/Lock
Professions: Varies I have to say depending on role and spec
Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): I've played most specs of Paladin and Druid and am willing to do any of them, as noted it's been a while so might be a bit rusty to begin with but will pick back up pretty pronto. On the gear front most is PVP gear and is lacking as mentioned above.
Armory Links:
Kyto (Paladin): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... yto/simple
Rawtide (Druid): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... ide/simple
Cdots (Lock): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... ots/simple (Not geared AT all as it was my 90 upgrade :P)

Respeccing: Being able to play multiple specs or classes is very helpful for many reasons. Can you handle other specs/roles than your primary one? Do you like them? Are you willing to switch to them if needed? Willing to play all specs, though my favorites are Holy/Prot on my Paladin, Balance on my druid and my lock i'm not 100% but probably affliction.

Class Info: What can you tell us about your class? Why do you like it? What about ability priorities? Useful cooldowns and utility spells? Anything about stat priorities?
Paladin: For me it's probably one of the most interesting classes simply because we don't die, most of the time anyway. You gotta have some skill, but not masses, to play Prot. It's more about awareness and making sure your CD's are timed right for each fight. Your Guardian, your Divine prot all of it is about awareness, tbh most classes apply here. Most of these of course apply to Holy aswell.
Druid: I loooove the flexibility of Druids and Balance especially, I remember (on another server) offtanking farmed dungeons as balance aswell as being 1-3 on DPS list. The ridiculous levels of multitasking is awesome and you're probably a better offhealer than a ret pala too.
Lock: Survivability and Damage. A bit like a hunter but not boring (for me anyway ;) ) Still learning this class I must admit but willing to put the time in.
Stats depend on spec obviously and also ironically on the current patch 0.0!

Raid experience: Which bosses did you kill while they were current content? Any memorable moments, favourite bosses, etc.? Wow. Firstly as I noted at the top of the page I haven't raided much of the current content at all. But all time favorite top 3 fights are as follows. 1. Lady Vashj, back when it was hard and you had to throw the Tainted Core, that really made teamwork (I still have that Macro btw). 2. Shannox in FL. Mostly because it caused ABSOLUTE craziness and made most of raids wimper. Just a good tank with his eyes open made it SO much easier. 3. Finally this boss is OLD, ZG style man. Bloodlord Mandokir will forever haunt my nightmares with DING! Amazing fight though. I remember whole raids yelling 'DING' after killing it, even running around the major cities still doing it. (Gonna add a fourth thinking about the old days too, Nefarion was AWESOME, especially as they've now updated him with current classes so he can steal DK and monk moves)

Guild history: Tell us something about your previous guilds, why you joined/left them etc. Sadly none of the major guilds I was in are still around and many were on Alliance side because it wasn't until Cata that I swapped but heres a list of some of the big players.
Renovatio
Nulli Secundus
Evade
Hording school

Many reasons for leaving, biggest one was disbanding guilds. Or even guild splits.

When can you play: We raid quite often, mostly 20-23 h server time; tell us something about when we can expect you to be online so we can see if the schedules are compatible.

I'd like to raid 2-3 times a week and 20-23 is fine, used to do the same raiding times though it was 20-24 so I'm up for anything. All days are free, but as I say 2-3 days would be perfect

Where are you from: Represent your country! I'm from the UK originally from England but at the moment I'm living in Bonnie Scotland in Aberdeen! :D

About you: Tell us something about yourself. We want to get to know the person behind the in-game character; after all, this is a team game and it's nice to know the other members of the team and find people with similar interests!

I'm about to Graduate the University of Aberdeen with a degree in Philosophy. I'm a massive history buff and a bit of a geek. Just finished building my 3rd home built machine. I live with my Partner of 4 years and we have a cat named Dave. Yeah he's called Dave, no we didn't name him that, and yes he's a rescue cat. I'm just a chilled out guy looking for a laugh really.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: AKA What's in it for you? I wanna join because I miss raiding, progression but most of all having a laugh. I'm bored of PVP and want to raid with people who are genuinely interested in raiding for a reason and not just mucking about (though having fun should also be included of course).

UI and keybinds: If you're applying for a raiding spot, list your keybinds here and post a screenshot of your combat UI. You can use the img tags or upload it as an attachment. Errm so on the Keybinds front I kinda don't have any, but don't worry! I'm not a clicker. I use the normal 1-12 WoW basic mostly because I also use a Razer Nager mouse with all spells being used through that (the 1-12 are on the side of the mouse so basically all spells go through my mouse, all movement etc goes through my keyboard) . I've got dominoes to move all other spells into the middle so that there not that far away for my mouse. This might effect my App, I don't know but I never bothered adding them and it's never effected my game play. So I guess I'm a half clicker.

Anything else: If there's any other information you'd like to share with us, please do so here.

As mentioned earlier, I've bought the expansion and I'm looking to really getting involved in the rest of this expansion and onto the next. I'm also looking to learn new stuff as well as brushing up on the old skills.

Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_040414_180728.jpg
WoWScrnShot_040414_180728.jpg [ 606.24 KiB | Viewed 7271 times ]

Post subject: Re: Application - Paladin, Druid or Lock
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:07 pm  

Hey man!

Sorry for the late reply on your application, I've been smoking too much weed recently and have somewhat slacked :D!

I like the look of your app, clearly written and understandable :)

I understand that you used to raid hardcore content back in the day, the nature of the game and raiding has changed significantly since then ''Button bloat'' of other things.
The only problem we might incur is you catching up in current times in a heroic raiding environment. However we have been doing alt runs and it is near end expansion so I personally would not mind getting you in as a social and maybe trying you out sometime in one of our alt 10 man runs or flex raids.

I will have a word with the other officers and see what their response to this application is :)

Before this, I would like to know if you have access to Teamspeak, have no issue with speaking on there to other raid members, and be open to constructive criticism and of course be able to have a laugh.

Yet again my apologies for the late reply.

Smokeyegg/ Bluewaffle ;)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:25 pm  

Hey Blue,

No problem at all, sorry for MY late reply. Kinda been on holiday for a few days and away from my pc. My tablet for some reason wouldn't let me post. Weird.

Anywho, social would be good and any runs would be fantastic, i should be on later on today or maybe tomorrow shall i just message you online?

Cheers,

Kyto

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:49 pm  
Officer

Heya, if you want in for tonight you will have to /w Alunari or Indrax. Ty :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]