[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [declined] Ajuster, Resto druid

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:40 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: [declined] Ajuster, Resto druid
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:16 pm  

First of all, I would like to apologize for not responding to my last application. Due to personal circumstances I had to quit WoW for quite some time. But now that MoP is running at an end, I've been getting urges to get back in the game. Question is if you guys a) still need a fairly under geared Resto druid and b) Would even take me since I haven't even responded to the last application. (Really sorry about that though :/ )

For what it's worth: here is a copy( updated on some places) of my last application. ( And I know, my gear is hopelessly outdated)

Character name: Alessiel

Character class: Druid class, main specialization is restoration with balance as off-spec.

Professions: On this character I use Alchemy & Leather working as professions. Leather working of course grants the intellect bonus on bracers. Not totally sure on alchemy, since ( with my current gear) I need to use spirit flasks in raiding, now I do like the spirit bonus. But am not sure if it's better then a 320 intellect bonus.

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... r/advanced
Oke, I play restoration:
Talents:
T1:
Basically, all three talents have their usability, but in my opinion has feline swiftness the most versatility. In certain fights the other talents might be better.
T2:
As restoration, I'm confident that nature's swiftness is the best out of the three. With a 1 minute cool-down it makes healing touch do as much healing as the other spells would do at zero mana cost. Unlike cenarion ward this is an instant heal.
T3:
Here we have three cc-ish talents. So it's going to depend on the fight which one is better, but as a standard i'd prefer Typhoon to make a run for it when I have aggro from freshly spawned adds.
T4: Here we have 2 cool-downs and a passive, force of nature seems to lack the oemff for a real cool-down, but has a short respawn rate. Personally I like tree of life, to get though those heavy healing phases.
T5: Three more cc talents, as a standard I choose for Ursol's Vortex, but like Blizzard intended, depending on the fight other talents can be a better choice.
T6: And lastly, for restoration there are two talents to pick from, Heart of the wild and Nature's Vigil. Heart of the wild grants a 6% Intellect buff along with a very interesting combat ability. Nature's Vigil grants a healing cool-down with a damage aspect.
P.S. when I quit this game 6 months ago I thought nature's Vigil granted a larger healing bonus then 10%. Now that it's 10% I am very tempted to go for Heart of the Wild permanently.

Gear: I quit this game 6 months ago. I didn't have the time to play anymore because of my internship for college. So gear wise I'm behind 6 months. Currently I'm on ilvl 501.

Glyphs: Major Glyphs:
As options we have: Blooming, Healing touch, Lifebloom, Regrowth, Rejuvenation and Wild Growth.
My choices might be a bit personally biased, I use Lifebloom, Rejuvenation and Wild growth.
Regrowth is fairly weak because it'l cause it to have a higher then 100% crit chance, wasting crit rating.
Healing touch rarely gets cast in raids, making it's glyph pretty useless.
Blooming, I used this one for quite a while, but it take a massive amount of time and mana to manage lifebloom with that glyph. However this glyph might be good in certain fights, if you can time tank damage so you can let lifebloom tick off at the exact moment.

Respeccing: I do have a balance spec, I know the basics about the spec. I'm not a pro at playing it though.

Class Info: What can you tell us about your class? Why do you like it? What about ability priorities? Useful cooldowns and utility spells? Anything about stat priorities?

I love the way druid heal, making it a very fun class to play.
About stat priority;
Intellect -> Haste ( until I reach 6652 rating) -> spirit -> mastery -> the rest
This is how it should be, however with my current gear level I can't make the haste rating to make it effective. Therefore I'm going for spirit and mastery until I can make the required haste rating.

Raid experience: Which bosses did you kill while they were current content? Any memorable moments, favourite bosses, etc.?

I raided allot in Cata with Sons of Anarchy, and later with Anima did all the bosses on heroic, and raided hardcore.
In MoP I raided until November something, and 1 week in January. Got 3 heroic before December in the guild gingerbread People( Horde) on Dreanor. I loved some of the kills we made ( mainly because the bosses were such big cunt fucking shite, that we were overly excited to have killed the fucker) like Ragnaros heroic 25 man.

Guild history: Tell us something about your previous guilds, why you joined/left them etc.

Well see previous, and I mainly left guilds because the fell apart or because of college.

When can you play: We raid quite often, mostly 20-23 h server time; tell us something about when we can expect you to be online so we can see if the schedules are compatible.

I would like to get back into the game and full time raiding. But I feel I might be somewhat of a burden to you guys in the start. Definitely because I need allot of gearing and don't have experience in SoG yet. But on the matter of time to raid I'm fine. Next year in college I'm doing third year again to make up for fucked up tests, so basically I have school once a week so plenty of time to raid.

Where are you from: Overijsel, Holland.

Age: How old are you? We've had problems with parent enrages and don't really want any more!

I'm 22 year old and in my fourth year of my Bachelor education.

About you: Tell us something about yourself. We want to get to know the person behind the in-game character; after all, this is a team game and it's nice to know the other members of the team and find people with similar interests!

Like I said I'm a third year college student studying Tax Laws. My hobby's are primarily gaming and anime watching. Also when I find something interesting I'd like to read the books their based on( like game of thrones).

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: AKA What's in it for you?

I want to spend my free time raiding in a guild with nice/ fun people where I can enjoy contributing my time to. I don't expect to join the main team right away, I expect to get to know the content and the raiding crew and gear up to get ready for either current or next tier heroic progress.

Anything else: If there's any other information you'd like to share with us, please do so here.

I applied once before quite a while ago. It seemed some people back then remembered me from world of logs performance and such maybe some of them still do :P.
I hope this application is worth your time, and you have the time/ effort to bear with my low gear and low experience on the current tier.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Ajuster

Post subject: Re: Ajuster, Resto druid
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:01 pm  

Euh, I just started to checkout my class and build, and it seems some things have changed a little in the course of 6 months. If there are some very stupid things in my application which no longer apply please disregard them.

( Like glyph changes, spell changes)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:43 pm  

Site Admin

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:08 pm  

Hey, thanks for your response,

First of all, about the armory link. I recently faction changed so that's probably the issue, here is the new link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... l/advanced

I have fixed the odd things I've said in the application. For example some of the glyphs I mentioned don't exist anymore or I haven't mentioned glyphs that weren't in the game before.

I have been experimenting with the changes that have occurred and researched my spec. Such a genesis and glyph of efflorescence. And I think I'm getting the hang of it, although really mastering them requires raiding allot.

Hopefully this will clear your issues with the application :). If you have more questions I'll be happy to answer them.

Ajuster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:29 pm  
Officer

Hey there, you are accepted to the guild BUT:

We dont have any raiding spots atm, right now we have a team of 12-13 ppl that clears SoO every week (2 weeks full clear now) so right atm it looks bad to get a spot for the closest weeks. You can join so you can gear your toon more in flexes/altraids maybe etc. However if it opens a spot and you have gear that is decent for Heroics you might get in.

As for WoD there is a high chanse you will get it if you prove to be usefull :)

There is even a chanse ofc for the pre 6.0 mythic raiding as we still need more ppl for that.. (Also this is if you get your gear sorted)

If you accept these things you are welcome to /w Alunari/Indrax/Dagthul/Cynique or any other in the guild.

Thank you for applying!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]