[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [withdrawn] Gortt - Fury Warrior

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:55 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: [withdrawn] Gortt - Fury Warrior
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:34 pm  

Character name: Gortt

Character class: Warrior

Professions: Mining/Jewelcrafting

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): Fury and Protection. iLvL 561 Fury/iLvL 546 Protection. I mainly play Fury as that's what I enjoy the most and feel I'm best at. I have a little experience in Tanking but always willing to learn. Armory Link -->

Respeccing: As of changing class I wouldn't enjoy. I have stuck with a warrior from the start. As of changing Spec to Protection from time to time that would be cool. Like I said I'm always willing to Learn Protection more but I think I know Fury best.

Class Info: I love Warrior. In my eyes they are one of the most adaptable classes. Being able to move around the battlefield in quick succession, using burst DPS and not to say a very useful utility to a raid.. I love it and always try to be on my A-Game. Whether its getting that important interrupt in or backing up that dying tank I strive to be there for all situations.

Raid experience: As I'm fairly new to WoW I have slight experience in ToT but know the tactics for Soo Normal. Last guild I was in we managed to get to Garrosh 10 man normal but we just couldn't hold it together enough to down him.

Guild history: Silk 'n' Steel - (A) Thunderhorn. Eye of the Panther - (A) Thunderhorn. I was in both 10man raid teams as DPS and sometimes Tank backup.

When can you play: I can Raid most nights. Your server times sound good for me. Even though I am a family man I lead a Flexible life.

Where are you from: Southern UK

About you: I'm a 26 year old male. I have two children and a lovely girlfriend. I'm an easy going guy that likes to have a laugh from time to time but likes to get serious just as much. Theres nothing better than achieving a goal knowing you put 110% in right? I've been playing WoW for about a year and a half. Have just come back from a 4-5 month break in anticipation for WoD.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I would love to get into a raid team for WoD, simply put it. The social aspect is key to me and I feel theres plenty of time from now till the new expansion to get to know people and build bonds. You look like a respectable guild that obviously from your progress look like you know what your doing. I would like to Learn more from you and return any skills that I could bring back to you.

UI and keybinds: Ok I use a Logitech Gaming mouse which has 6 buttons with keybinds and I use Q,V,E,R + the numbers on the Keyboard. I try to stay off manually clicking with mouse if I can. Theres nothing more important than execution in fights. I use Elvui (Manually repositioned to how I like.) also the add ons- Recount, DBM, tellmewhen. I track buffs/debuffs/passives/hero/defensives/trinket procs via tellmewhen. Here's my Attachment of my Ui:

WoWScrnShot_070314_222816.jpg
WoWScrnShot_070314_222816.jpg [ 311.04 KiB | Viewed 7031 times ]

Anything else: I hope to be accepted at any level and would give it my all whatever the challenge. Thanks for the read. Hope to see you in game :) Gortt

Post subject: Re: Gortt - Fury Warrior
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:29 pm  

Site Admin

Hello there, thanks for applying ;)!

App looks alright; UI seems to be pretty clean, I just have a few questions:
1) What keybinds are you using for your personal defensive cooldowns (Die by the Sword, Shield Wall) and raid cooldowns (Rallying Cry, Demoralizing Banner, Vigilance, Intervene/Safeguard)? I can't see them on your bars (I actually don't see RC and Demo Banner on your bars at all :?)? These are just as important as your DPS abilities and need to be very easily accessible so you don't fumble for them in the oh-shit situations that happen all the time in raids.

2) Can you tell me a bit more about the Fury rotation?

3) Have you ever played Arms? If so, what did you think about it, how would you compare it to Fury, etc.?

Thank you.

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]