[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [approved] Sprinterica - restoration druid

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:36 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [approved] Sprinterica - restoration druid
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:39 pm  

Character name: Sprinterica - realm Thunderhorn

Character class: Druid

Professions: Herbalism /alchemy ( elixir master)

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): Main spec is restoration , 578 ilvl : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ica/simple
Respeccing: Off spec is moonkin, due to our small raiding roster, i have not had the opportunity to use it in raid too much

Class Info: Druids are one of the most versatile classes available in Wow, due to their ability of fulfilling all roles : healer, dps ( feral and caster) and tank. I find druids to be among the better raid healers, but this varies between patches and certain 'class fixes'. for restoration I have chosen for my stat priority : int , haste ( until the 15.3 k cap), after this it is either spirit( for mana sustainability) or mastery for healing output. Atm I am using reforged towards mastery. THe druid brings to the raid cds : Tranquility and to tanks cool downs : Ironbark. the class is well equipped for raid healing, but works well for tank healing as well ( although, there are other classes that are better equipped for tank healing)

Raid experience: At this time my SoO experience is 11/14 on hc, but my most memorable boss from MoP is Lei Shi for the awesome voice acting

Guild history: I am currently a member of the guild Corruptions. This is my 2nd guild since I started playing at the start of TBC. we have currently lost several key members so we are faced with the option of quitting or moving forward. the opportunity to join your guild would be a great chance for me

When can you play: I work on a steady schedule of Monday - Friday , 9 - 18, this allows me to easily make raid times, every time

Where are you from: I was born, live and work in Romania. We are located in Central -Eastern Europe and Dracula originated here. We are friendly people and will gladly invite you in our home. We have some of the most beautiful women in the world.

Age: Actually I am 28 years old, celebrated my birthday today, along with my twin Abyssangel

About you: I am somewhat of a geek, you would say. i am married and have become , quite recently a father, my baby boy is 6 months old. I work in IT sales. I enjoy the ocazional beer. i don't smoke, so cig breaks are not needed.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I am aware that your roster is covered currently for raids, but with mythic raiding around the corner, I know I will be able to enhance my skills within your ranks. I would be telling a lie if I said I would mind a Garosh kill, before the expansion. mainly I want a friendly guild were i can continue to play for as many years as possible

UI and keybinds: If you're applying for a raiding spot, list your keybinds here and post a screenshot of your combat UI. You can use the img tags or upload it as an attachment.

Anything else: I am friendly, well organized, as my work ask this of me on a daily basis. I am a good listener and a team player.

Post subject: Re: Sprinterica - restoration druid
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:45 pm  

I dont play druid at all but isnt herbalism subpar compared to the non-gathering professions? Anyway, it seems youve missed the "UI and keybinds" part so please do something about that.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageANY QUESTIONS?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:03 am  

You are indeed correct that Herbalism is considered to be subpar compared to other main professions such as enchanting, black smiting, leather-working and inscription. I just used my game-play time on the caracter as an opportunity to gather herbs and stock our guild bank with flasks and potions. I will gladly level another profession instead of herbalism.

Please find attached a screen shot of my UI in combat. It is basically LUI, with a few addons disabled( Omen and reccount) and also using Smartdebuff with Vuhdo

Attachments:
File comment: UI screen shot in combat
WoWScrnShot_071014_084456.jpg
WoWScrnShot_071014_084456.jpg [ 486.62 KiB | Viewed 15184 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:49 am  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:58 pm  

Ohai,
Regarding the herbalism: since you try to sit on 15531 haste (I assume, for 7ticks Lifebloom, unless I'm being completely retarded and missed something) it's actually not a bad profession as when your Lifeblood is up Swiftmend, Lifebloom and Wild Growth all gain an extra tick (if your Efflorescence is unglyphed for Swiftmend ofc.) I'd say it's pretty much just down to preference (raw throughput vs. a kind of okish cooldown)

I'm a bit worried about your bindings, at least Nature's Swiftness as that is your panic-heal; Incarnation, HotW, Tranquility, Ironbark etc. I don't really mind being unbound as long as you know exactly when you will want to use those spells (Thok comes to mind, but this should be done on every boss (except faceroll I guess)), even though there's no real reason to click them instead of pressing a button on your keyboard

I don't play a druid btw but these are the things that stand out to me as a raider :>. Also I haven't slept.

(I love parentheses)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:49 pm  

The 15.3k is a typo on my part. don't see how I missed it initially. My gear is reforged to 13.3k haste. This assumes there is always a 5% spell haste buff in the group. This means ( even without SoF) 2 additional ticks of Rejuv, 3 ticks of wild growth , 6 ticks of Lifebloom and 2 ticks of Tranquility .

Regarding the talents used:
- level 30 : Ysera' s Gift : I consider it a smart heal. All level 30 talents are useful, but I see the cool downs on them as a put-off to using them
- level 60 : i alternate between Incarnation and SoF, depending on fight. I find Incarnation useful for moments when a high healing output is needed. i treat it similar to a raid cool down
- level 90 : I mainly use Heart of Forest for the + stats and for down time moments since it is quite a good cool down for dps . I sometimes go for Nature's Vigil, mainly for Thok

For one reason or another, armory was picking my gear for moonkin. It should appear correctly now

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:03 pm  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:33 pm  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:47 pm  

Greetings,

As a fellow resto druid (pvp atm and its an alt to be honest) I have to say I see some things that bring up questions. Nothing about stat prios and so on as that has been delt with but interface and bindings.

First of all, I see not one single binding. This means you have to click things like Iron bark and Tree with your mouse to give only 2 examples. Now this can mean two things. Or you are insanely good with your mouse and click everything so fast and accurate that you dont need keybindings, this I very much doubt. It just can never be fast enough for HC raiding. The secon option is that we can not see that the keys are bound. I hope the latter is true.
Same goes for your forms. It is really good to have atleast catform and/or travelform bound so that you can switch in and out of those fast.
Also a panicbutton/macro with for instance Barkskin and a Healthstone can be a true lifesaver. Do you use this?

Furthermore I miss spells on your bars like Dash, Revive and Mass ressurection. This seems odd, especially you have about 7 mounts on your bars on the right and more then ten empy slots in the middle/bottom. Why would you have so much free space and have your right two bars completely filled?

Sorry if this seems a bit harsh. I assure you it is not intended like that but I truely wonder how you can play properly without these things. Would you be so kind as to go into these topics a bit?

Thank you in advance,

Kopstoot

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:35 pm  

I will start by answering questions in the order they were listed :

Hearthstone : I can easily level another profession, it has never been the case for me and I just enjoyed the instant herbing that tauren gets.

Mavian : Cenarion Ward is indeed useful, I have never found it as a make or break spell though. Will start using it . I found Ysera's Dream useful, because I tend to forget to heal myself at times

the SoF proc I would mainly use it for Wild Growth

Koopstoot: I have played around with bindings but found it much easier( for myself) to go with clicking. I have several macros that i use, including a ' a shit one' . I do not have revive on my bars as Vuhdo covers it on click, as well as combat ress and mass ress can easily be accessed on the first page of the spell book. I will work on creating a couple of bindings to improve my gameplay, if it is needed. I tend to shy away from them playing on a laptop.

I always aim to improve myself so I take all criticism as constructive

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next