[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [approved] Abyssangel - Guardian Druid

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:58 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: [approved] Abyssangel - Guardian Druid
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:20 pm  

Character name: Abyssangel-Thunderhorn

Character class: Guardian Druid

Professions: Max level Leatherworking and Skinning

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): Mainspec Guardian, Ilvl 580 equipped - http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... l/advanced

Respeccing: I have an offspec feral ,with some gear,played a bit during cataclysm but haven't gotten the chance to get reacquainted with it this expansion since I was the maintank and always recquired to tank.If it required I will research further in depth on the subject.

Class Info: Been playing druid since I started playing on the official blizzard servers at the end of The Burning Crusade, start of the Lich King,I love the general feel of being a bulky beast that takes a beating and keeps on kicking.Druid has always been on the most adaptable classes in the game with specs ranging from tanking,healing, melee dps and range caster dps ,so a druid in any environment being pve oriented or pvp oriented can fulfill any role and do almost any task required . If during the Lich king raiding era my stat priority revolved mostly around stamina and agility stacking , this has changed drastically with the introduction of active mitigation , which implied having a better resource usage with different defensive cool downs for tempo control like Savage Defense ,frenzied Regenaration and Barskin. For this patch at least I have been using a stat priority that implies getting a critical hard cap while transformed at 75% and then going resource generators like haste reforging and stacking that implies a stat priority that goes like Crit Chance with 75% while bear form , then haste and agility for rage generation . At least for Mists in my opinion druids have lost the notion of a meatshield capable of withstanding massive punishment simply to the lack of their enormous health pools all tough some passive abilities make us superior than other classes and I am talking about the 25% innate spell damage reduction guardian druids have.

Raid experience: I have raided heroic content before with some raids having killed the end boss on heroic while other raids simply getting kills of bosses without getting to the last boss.To be honest all I know for sure is that I killed deathwing heroic and that I was the first person in the guild to get the normal mode mount and the heroic mount in a span of 2 weeks.I have also cleared Trail and the Grand Crusader on heroic but at least for me that zone has never been a true raid. For the current tier my raid progression is 11/14 bosses on heroic.

Guild history: When I started playing this game I joined a casual guild so i would have a place where I could play with my friends.once I got to max level I saw these rowdy fellas making a ruckus on trade chat every single night while showing off the nice sparkly gear so I made an app to this guild called Corruptions and so for 4 years I stayed and played in this guild only with a 5 month hiatus where I tried to help a friend's guild which didn't make it,after which I came back to Corruptions to assume the role of main tank.This is where I play at the moment but because of the raid group falling apart I decided to find a new stable place where I could play at a competitive level while also having fun.

When can you play: well people say I have an executive schedule simply because i work Monday-Friday from 7.00 am to 15.00 Pm Server time.because of that I can keep a 100% attendance with extreme situations when I have a deadline to send and when i can announce in advance like once a year.

Where are you from: Well I where to quote a brit mate I am from the land of donkey caravans and benefit whores, but actually I am from the land with some of the most beautiful girls with the biggest tits and the roundest asses aka ROMANIA.

Age: Well like my brother Sprinterica said on his post I am 28 years old, having had our birthday on the 9th of july.

About you: What can I say ? I am a civil engineer specialized in Land Measurements and Topography .Casual drinker but not so much and when I get the required time i enjoy fishing in real life, that is when I am not playing mostly World of Warcraft.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: The main reason for joining is so I can find a new place to call "home" while I take the perilous trip of vanquishing the strongest creatures on Azeroth. I do know that at least for this expansion I have lost the chance to dethrone Ultimate Garosh but I at least hope that when the next big bad appears I will get another chance to be in the frontlines along other brave players.

UI and keybinds: well I am a simple man with simple needs so I have always enjoyed to use the X-perl interface.When it comes top keybinds I like to touch my keyboard like I touch my woman All over her body and as much as possible.well to be honest I use some key binds for guardian specific spells on while in bearform on my World of Warcraft Mouse buttons.

File comment: UI display image
WoWScrnShot_070914_215002.jpg
WoWScrnShot_070914_215002.jpg [ 545.82 KiB | Viewed 15921 times ]

Anything else: I am a hard worker I might take words sometimes to heart cause of my zodiac sign I always take them as a reason to improve myself.

Post subject: Re: Abyssangel - Guardian Druid
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:59 pm  
Officer

Hey there and thx for applying, i kinda like the app!

I have no real clue about the statweights for druids, also i have no clue how to play them so someone who knows this has to look at that.

This is our situation right now,

We do have a pretty stable group clearing each week right now wich probably means that the new guys isnt going to get much playtime unless ofc its opening a spot at some point. Ofc it isnt impossible to get a spot for some farmbosses and stuff like that but again we cannot guarantee at all that you guys get to raid before Mythic is realesed in 6.0. And ofc to get a spot in the group then you have to be on par with the rest of the raiders :)

Atm there probably is going to open up some spots since ppl is going on vacations.

If this is ok with you i am voting /for

Now lets wait for some more to answer here and we shall see what happens.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:40 pm  

Hello there

Stuff looks okay, I'm just wondering if you've recently gotten an upgrade or not(?) as you are currently sitting on 3146hit rating on armory AND your ring (the Paragons one) is reforged INTO hit, you could actually remove that reforge and still be 279rating over hit cap, thats almost an entire gem's worth of hit! This is all assuming you actually use this gear and haven't gotten an upgrade (I'm going to assume upgrade since your expertise is 5118, which is really good :> (even though the armory activity feed isn't saying you got anything ><))

Other than that the lack of bindings is a bit disturbing (see your brother's app regarding that). I wouldn't mind a screenshot in bear form btw!

As somebody who has raided with you a few times I will also say that I'm happy you communicate and make things less awkward for the "pug" :>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:04 pm  

I didn't notice that my hit chance is over cap that is an oversight.Also I have binded all the numbers according to my usage on the 10 mouse keys of my wow mouse,I forgot to mention that when i wrote the app since it was a tad late. The lack of binds doesn't make me a worse player it just means I pay attention more.This is the manner in which I got used to playing.Again thank you for the hit thing oversight I will fix it right now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:09 pm  

It's ok on the hit as long as it doesn't happen if/when you raid with us, I would probably not pay as much attention to my caps either if I wasn't actually raiding and I've also seen worse (shoutout to Kopstoot :D) :>

Do you mean 1-10 are mouse keybinds? Do you actually use your keyboard for anything? :o You are also just focusing more because you are gimping yourself (the way I see it), imagine if you could use the focus used on your rotation (making sure you move the mouse to the right place etc) on actually looking at what's going on in the fight. Personally, as a tank, what I do during a fight is pretty much autopilot my rotation while looking at my procs (legendary meta), my CDs, monitoring our raid and healer cooldowns (stuff like PS and Healing Tide but also Vampiric Embrace and all the things dps have) and looking at the raid's and the boss' positioning and making sure I'm not killing half the raid with a breath from Thok (derp)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:19 pm  

As tank I go on the mentality of "do not stand in fire"= "collect 200 dollars" any of my fellow raiders ,I think , will say that I am the one calling out most of the positioning fuck-ups (as you saw when you tanked with me ) This is how I "raised" myself in the wow environment .It is not like you can't teach an old dog new tricks but more like this is what I perceive as being fun and engaging in a raid environment , the rush of feeling active . To each his own I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:22 pm  
Officer

Good, did you accept our current situation?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:24 pm  

When making an application to the guild I was fully aware of the raiding situation and as i said in my application i am fully aware that most likely I will not get a chance at downing Hc garosh pre 6.0 and still I am here.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:30 pm  
Officer

Good that we cleared that then, i will talk to the other officers today at some point so pls sit tight for an answer tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:53 pm  
Officer

Hey again, i have now spoken to the Officers and your app is accepted.

Pls /w Alunari - Indrax - Dagthul - Cynique or any other member for an inv to the guild.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]