[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [approved] Biobull - Blood / Frost deathknight

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:57 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: [approved] Biobull - Blood / Frost deathknight
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:27 pm  

Name - Biobull - Thunderhorn
Class - Death knight
Professions - Engineering - Blacksmithing
Talents, Ilvl, Armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ull/simple
Class info - I Choose death knight cause I like the playstyle, beefy melee fighter without mana issues. I leveled up another 4 characters to lvl 90 but none of them were as fun as death knight, both Blood and Frost seems amazing to me in their unique playstyle, as Blood death knight there are many cooldowns to manage aswell as my blood shield and my rotation changes on my playstyle.
Raid experience - I started raiding in first MoP raids as HoF and MV, we are now at 11/14 HC in SoO, I didnt personally liked the raid, i much preffered ToT.
Guild history - I am member of guild corruptions, which was the first and last guild i ever joined. I started playing World of Warcraft on the start of MoP and I was happy with this guild. Sadly many people had to leave (Including me since i had accident on bike and had to be for 1 month in hospital, which was problem, since i was tanking). When I came back the raiding has stopped and one of my friends from guild told me, that if Im planning on raiding, I should write an application for No Skill Just Luck guild, since its a great opportunity to start raiding again.
When can you play : I am 5th year in my box training which is on Monday, Tuesday and Friday night, (but I can come earlier depending on raid time) and my school ends mostly about 2 PM, then i have ton of free time to sport, learn or play games.
Where are you from : Im from Azerbaidzan, but grew up in Czech republic, which is where I am now. Its a great country, where lots of historical places are located, aswell as beautiful women and great sport history (hockey/football wise)
About you: I am gamer, lot of my time i have spend playing games or doing sports, I enjoy spending fridays with friends, although I dont drink or smoke. Im not still sure about my future so Im just continuing school.
Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I am looking forward on starting raiding in Warlords of Draenor and since our guild sadly ended raiding, I needed a new guild. Im looking forward on Mythic raiding and I want to try my limits on tanking or dpsing in a new, friendly guild.
UI and keybinds
Anything else: Im still not that experienced tank, I tanked most of heroics in SoO, but I still feel like there is much to learn. Im teamplayer, who likes to improve himself and learn new things amongs friendly guild.

Attachments:
File comment: I dont use many addons, I like the classic UI and I never had problems with it
NSJL.jpg
NSJL.jpg [ 268.28 KiB | Viewed 11012 times ]

Post subject: Re: Biobull - Blood / Frost deathknight
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:18 pm  

I know i applied myself but this lad is a hell of a dk... just saying

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:26 pm  

Hello
Im pretty much THE (only) death knight around here so I'll mostly deal wtih the class specific issues in your application (although mr Hs probably has a few things to say aswell since your mainspec seems to be tanking).
Anyway, first things first, the application template specifically asks you to link you armory page in advanced mode so if I get RSI (repetitive strain injury) I know who to blame.
Now that we've gotten that out of the way I have a few comments and questions regarding your character and UI.
Stats, glyphs and gemming
Balancing the parry/dodge DR is (unfortunately) not something you want to do due to parry haste.
You've gemmed str/mastery in your shoulderguards. It's probably just a mistake judging by the rest of your gemming but Im gonna point it out anyway. Also, I wouldnt mind hearing your reasoning behind your overall gemming.
I have a hard time seeing a situation where your current glyphs are going to be useful.
UI and keybinds
You seem the have everything keybound so thats good although some of them are a bit questionable (having taunt on shift-F for example).
Could you please post anonther screenshot of your UI while in combat? (showing DBM and all that stuff)
Overall your UI seems to be alot more cluttered then it needs to be and its not just due to your screens resolution.
I've got more on your UI but I'll wait for another screencap since you might have addons hidden while not in combat etc.

Oh, and one more thing, is that a rune strike + blood tap macro you've got on "R"?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageANY QUESTIONS?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:43 pm  

For optimizing my gear I use http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear
For general info, tips and help about my class I use http://www.icy-veins.com/ and also https://www.youtube.com/user/mikepreachwow
I know having taunt at Shift-F may seem odd, but I have it used in my hands till I started doing low level dungeons when I started playing World of Warcraft and I have on all of my other tanks. Yes, macro on my R is Frost strike and blood tap, since I preffer this talent more then others, I dont like to rely on chance.
The shoulder gemming is a mistake by me.
I use classic DBM and I dont switch it, only check some options when I need them to help me tank (Sha of Fear boss switching for example)
Thanks for replying to my application, Im looking forward to hear some tips for DKs.

Attachments:
Fight.jpg
Fight.jpg [ 287.38 KiB | Viewed 10975 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:40 am  

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageANY QUESTIONS?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:31 pm  
Officer

Hey, ty for the application. Im sry to say this but we dont have any room in the group for you and we are abit concerned that you isnt rly up for the job 100%... In any way since we accepted your friends to the guild im willing to give you a social spot. Meaning you can join the altraids or flex raids or whatever you want to do rly.

Im sry for the late response i was ment to reply here earlier but it was somehow blown away from my memory.

If you accept being a social pls /w any of the ppl in the guild for an invite.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]