No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:41 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: [approved] Calion - Ret (Holy)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:18 pm  

Hi

I'm applying with Calion. Calion is my paladin and my only geared char. I have raided on my druid in the past.

I'm using LW and JC at the moment.

I just came back from a break and my gear and talents are tunes towards CMs. I've both healed and I've been dps in SoO. I've also tanked in previous tiers. The thing is I love my paladin, and over the years I've raided with all three specs. I've always put the raid group ahead of myself - even switched toons.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... n/advanced - I have the Hellscream's Decapitator (Flex) but armory wont update, so it doesn't show.

Im a little rusty just coming back, but the versatility of the paladin is something I really enjoy. You bring the force of light up in the enemies faces! You can be the savior showering the raid with healing light and at last you can be the beacon and a light in the night in form of a glowing shield and lots of heavenly fury..! In all games I try to be the paladin - the crusader in Diablo and a paladin in the awesome game Battleheart: Legacy on Ios (Try it! :D) There is just Something about popping Avenging wrath and just smash into enemies using divine storm etc. Haste being the dominant stat, you get to smash the buttons as well which isn't bad.

I've raided ever since I started back in Vanilla. Remembering being a druid in MC with the sole purpose of innervating the priests :/ to epic fights in ICC! In MoP most of the raidgroups I was in fell a part pretty quickly. So I never really got started which is something that annoys me. In the end before my break we got to Garrosh in a pug. Even though it doesn't sound of a lot, I still think it was a nice achievement with the people we had in the group. A special memory of a boss fight is Ony and Nefarion in BWD - tanking the skeletons stunning and slowing them :) I'm the kind of person that gets a major kick out of killing a new boss - it's a thrill!

I'm in Banana Revolution at the moment, but seeing LeChicken and Hs moving on makes me want to do the same. I joined them because people were nice and helped each other out and hoping to get a raid spot. Unfortunately that never happened and I ended up doing pugs and flex. I never left because I liked the people in the guild.

I'm soon to be 30. I'm a teacher and I work from 8-16 mostly every day. I play football one night a week - currently on tuesdays. I'm very flexible and I live with my girlfriend so no crazy single life here.. Sigh :P

I'm from the sovereign nation of DENMARK - the happiest people in the world! What's not to love about this place!

Lately my parents have been really cool about my playing times!!

Well I'm 29 years old and teach English, Danish and History in 5th grade. I live in Copenhagen and I love to watch and play football. I'm very social and I love talking to other guild members on mumble/ts etc. that's a big part of why I even play a game like WoW.

I hope that you can give me the full WoW experience. I would like to raid and LeChicken recommends you guys - I wanna point out that Hs is a dick ;D I expect a dedicated group of players that takes raiding seriously like I do.

I'm gonna post my UI in a comment to this application because I don't know how to - yet. I have a bunch of mouseover keybinds from holy like #showtooltip Beacon of Light
/cast [@mouseover,nomod,exists]Beacon of Light and a aoe bind #showtooltip Holy Radiance
/cast Avenging Wrathc
/cast Divine Favor
/cast Holy Radiance
/use 13

I don't know if I compare much to other players at the moment. But I'm that kind of player that reads a lot about his class and takes knowledge of the class seriously. I'm very trustworthy and if you give me a shot you won't regret it. My pride doesn't allow me slacking and I will give 100% for the sake of the raid group.

EDIT: I have a very good computer and a 100 mbit connection (cable) So no d/c's

I have talked a lot about my love for paladins - which is all true. I will however switch to another character if the group needs me to.

Looking forward to hear from you

Anders (Calion)

Last edited by Calion on Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Calion - Ret (Holy)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:21 pm  

this might be my UI

Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_072214_151902.jpg
WoWScrnShot_072214_151902.jpg [ 1.88 MiB | Viewed 13317 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:34 pm  

Hey Calion,

Welcome back the game! I know you from the bananas in the begining of MoP.

I remember you as a nice an helpfull guy so its a /for from me, for a social spot.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:13 pm  

Site Admin

Hello, thanks for applying; please clean up the app by removing the explanatory text as per the instructions in the app template post.

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:43 pm  

Done. Sorry about that. Missed that part.

EDIT:

Thx and hi Kopstoot :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:58 am  

Calion is really good.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:53 am  

Site Admin

You're missing two enchants!

Anyway, I like your app (now that it's been cleaned up :P) and it also seems that Kop, Hs and Chicken can all vouch for you, which is good. Now we can't really promise you a full clear of heroic SoO before WoD hits – the situation is a bit unstable at the moment with people going on holidays and all that – but I don't see a problem with opening a spot for you on most of the bosses. If you're good, you'll have a stable spot in our team in WoD. In that case we might ask you to play holy if that's ok; good healers are traditionally in high demand and short supply and I expect that situation to stay the same.

If you have any questions about anything, ask away; if you want an invitation, poke us in-game.

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:13 pm  

Sorry for my late respond but I was on vacation with my gf's family in no-internet land.

lol sorry about the two missing enchants. Don't think it's pieces I normally use :)

What you offers sounds good to me. Healing is fine and if I don't have a full hc clear before WoD comes out - too bad.

I'll poke you in-game :)

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]