[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [approved] Qwetzalcoatl - Balance druid

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:54 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [approved] Qwetzalcoatl - Balance druid
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:47 pm  

Character name: Qwetzalcoatl (Thunderhorn)

Character class: Druid

Professions: LW/Alchemy (transmutation master)

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): Balance MS (581 ilvl); OS switching between Guardian and Resto; http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... l/advanced
Respeccing: Due to our small raiding rooster it was rarely needed for me to switch to my OS (healed a few normal bosses in SoO and ToT). Switch is possible if required, however, some practice is needed.

Class Info: I always liked druids for their largest versatility – played one since I started with WoW (2007 I guess), first casually as feral, then switched to balance for raiding when WotLK started, as tank spots in the guild were filled. As to gearing, stat priority, rotation, I've been using several sources (icy veins, mmo champ forums, EJ) and ReforgeLite to get optimal stats. Currently passed 10,2k haste breakpoint, going full crit; using standard rotation with pre-lunar opener. Utility – tranquility, knockbacks, symbiosis (CoS for Malkorok soaking, UE for uninterrupted tranq on Thok etc.)

Raid experience: Current raid experience is 11/14 SoO HC. I took a break from WoW during DS progress and returned to raiding before ToT was opened, so not much HC progress in these tiers. Bosses killed while current content: been in the progress group since WotLK - Naxx (incl. Undying), Ulduar (incl. Champion; Algalon), ToGC 10m (incl. Tribute to Insanity), ICC 12/12hc, BWD 4/6HC, Firelands 6/7HC (incl. Tarecgosa), then came the break, ToT 5/13HC. Memorable/favorite bosses? Illidan for his epicness and supercool RP, XT-002 for voice acting, Yoggy for mechanics/Lovecraft references.

Guild history: Joined Corruptions TH in 2009, became officer shortly after, been there since. Moving on, as the raiding group fell apart and GM and RL switched server. Currently holding the guild keys as one of the oldest guild members.

When can you play: Coming from work at around 6pm (weekdays). Used to the raiding schedule (Wed/Thu/Sun 19:45-23:00)

Where are you from: Slovakia

About you: Just a regular guy enjoying life (and videogames). Living with my gf and 3 cats. Not much of a talker on vent, but friendly and harmless. Altoholic (12x lvl 90 characters). More to be revealed later (perhaps).

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: To continue raiding and make some progress (along with having fun with friends/guildies), expecially after the recent struggle with people/discipline, with mythic coming along soonish.

UI and keybinds: 
used plethoria of addons to make my own custom UI. I have been using it for years, so some rework might happen in the future.

Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_072314_220807.jpg
WoWScrnShot_072314_220807.jpg [ 472.02 KiB | Viewed 15442 times ]

Post subject: Re: Qwetzalcoatl - Balance druid
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:36 pm  

HELLO OWL!

Read the app, was a bit awkward reading it side to side but was otherwise good :D
Have some nice previous raiding experience, and current gear to throw you straight into the mix if needed :)
I'l poke some officers to take a further look at this app as it is a decent app.

I see you where in corruptions, you get a yes vote from me if you agree HS is a faggot :D!

Attachments:
10001297_1472977866265739_1206468974665978647_n.jpg
10001297_1472977866265739_1206468974665978647_n.jpg [ 26.03 KiB | Viewed 15425 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:53 pm  

Heh, yeah, I agree that is kind of stretched to the side now that I look at it at a regular screen, I should have perhaps cropped it a bit (widescreen monitor is to blame). As to HS, I have almost no experience with him, so sorry, cannot help (I do not trash talk people before I get to know them :P )

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:30 pm  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:50 pm  

Hello there, fellow Doomkin.

Your gear seems to be very good, but I have few questions about your gems, talent choices and your cooldown usage.

Gems:
According to what gems you are using, it seems that you are gemming based on stat weights, which is good. However, there is one thing that concerns me.
Why do you have 2 Misty Wild Jade gems in your shoulder slot (2x 160 spirit & crit) and Smooth Sun's Radiance (320 crit) in your legendary cloak?

Talents:
For talents, I have a question about your level 60 and 90 talent choices. Why did you choose Incarnation and is there a possibility that the other talents would be better than the one you chose? Same goes for Heart of the Wild.

Cooldown Usage:
You said that you are using the standard pre-lunar opening. With this opening and throughout the fight, how are you using your Celestial Alignment and Incarnation and other cooldowns?

Thanks in advance for answering my questions,
Mavian.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:26 pm  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:19 pm  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:02 am  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:13 pm  

Hello there once again, fellow druid.

I must say I am impressed with your ability to explain your choices. I am also happy that you have read much about the class you are playing.

As far as gems go, I am happy with your decision to regem. Nothing more to say.

Talents:
I am amused with your ability to explain your choices and also add some more oppinions to the matter. Also, I must apology myself.
As far as HotW goes, it is the best talent you can use on most of the fights thanks to its utility usefulness. I have totally skipped that part since I was somewhat "angry" because you said DoC is out of question. DPS-wise, DoC works better than HotW. However, as you said, utility-wise, HotW is better.
As a tip fir DoC, since you might want to use it on some certain fights where more dps will be required, doing a macro with Nature's Swiftness and Healing Touch will cast both spells, and if one is on cooldowns, in this case NS, it will cast only HT, making it easier to use it. Also, making a weak aura for it is very useful aswell. And if you decide to pick DoC in the end, you should always cast the HT on the beginning of your eclipse state, because it lasts for 25 seconds and you will almost certainly make it to the eclipse for this period of time.
So, yes. I apologize for myself totally skipping HotW part, but I dare you to say DoC is out of question again!

Cooldowns Usage:
After a few test I have decided to run because of your answer - since the last test I did on this matter was at the beginning of patch 5.3, where CA and Incarnation did not stack - I have found out some unpleasant news. At least for me.
To a certain extent, your answer was right, at least according to my tests. However, the problem is that either my druid is bugged, or balance druids are bugged in general.
What I found out is:
When I was out of eclipse, my Wrath hit for ~3250 nature damage, eclipsed, it does ~4800 nature damage, and with incarnation it is ~5500 nature damage.
As for my Starfire, non-eclipsed was ~5300, eclipsed ~7250 and with Incarnation ~9500.
These two spells seem to benefit from both incarnation and CA, since during CA they both did get the boost from Incarnation.

The unpleasant news are that for some unknown reason, almost half of the fights my dots did not receive the boost from Incarnation during CA.
Uneclipsed MF/SF: 333 (+- 1-2 damage)
Eclipsed MF/SF: 432 (+- 1 damage)
Incarnation+Eclipse MF/SF: 540 (+-1 damage)

This wouldn't be any problem, however, once I used CA and Incarnation, for some unknown reason, half of the fights counted only CA (432 damage), not Incarnation. The same thing works for Starfall. I do not have tried to do some research on the internet and found only however, nothing on the matter of the problem that happened to me.

I do not know whether this problem is general or what is going on, however, during 5.3, CA and Incarnation did not stack, because CA wasn't counted as eclipse state, you just got eclipse bonus. I did poke Sunfyre on MMO-Champion about that and he agreed. Now it seems to be hotfixed and CA counts as eclipse state aswell.

I would like to ask you to run your own test to see whether the problem I encountered is global or there is just something wrong with my druid/combat log/something.

Now, as far as guild matters go, I would be happy to have you in, however, i am not sure if there are any raiding spots, so for that matter, you will have to wait for guild leaders to decide whether there is or is not a spot for you.

Now as the last thing, I am sorry to trying to prove you wrong about the cooldown usage, however, i did not run the tests at 5.4, which I should've before posting my answer, so I am sorry for that.

Mavian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:00 pm  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next