[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [approved] Verjin - Druid

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:06 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: [approved] Verjin - Druid
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:01 pm  

Character name: Verjin 

Character class: Druid 

Professions: Leather working / Skinning  

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): Which spec(s) are you playing? What kind of gear do you have? Include an Armory link of your character. 
Respeccing: Being able to play multiple specs or classes is very helpful for many reasons. Can you handle other specs/roles than your primary one? Do you like them? Are you willing to switch to them if needed?  
Recently got back into the game from a long break, so my gear is not up to speed for the current content, only have about 5 days played but came a long way as you can see. Playing a druid tank since doing dungeons / raids makes it easy for a tank to group up and kind a enjoy it as well. My main goal is create two build a tanking and a healing build specially in the expansion for raids. Would I be asked to do DPS that is also no problem.  

Class Info: What can you tell us about your class? Why do you like it? What about ability priorities? Useful cooldowns and utility spells? Anything about stat priorities?  
I will put this fairly into detail, I played since the early days of WoW started as a rogue where I got almost over 600 days played but at some point being a melee DPS started to get boring so I switch over to tanking and healing on a pally, mainly tanking and I enjoyed it a lot, after I created a warrior tank good fun but did not really give me the option to heal a raid or group when needed. 

Now with the up and coming expansion I made a druid, tanking my way up the ranks until the last encounter in LFR good fun tanking but would love to start healing also when I got some gear for that. Why I like the druid is that I never played one en should have done year ago it can do about anything actually anything, melee DPS, ranged DPS, heal and tank it is awesome. Since I have only one build at the moment, I focus being hit capped, expertise capped, as a druid tank crit is important plus some haste those are the main points I look for the moment. Useful spells all of them are kind off useful depending on the situation, always have to be ready for everything and know all your skills well. If I would be forced to pick one I would say "Tranquility" it is a ability that amazed me the most of druid. Tanking boss fights one tank taunts off, I can pop out of druid form and do some healing to help out the healers, every little bit helps and that spell helps a shit loads for sure.

Raid experience: Which bosses did you kill while they were current content? Any memorable moments, favorite bosses, etc.? 
In this expansion where I did not raid at all unless you call LFR raiding which is kind off not, for me LFR is pulling my hair out of my head and trying not the rage at people. I completed every LFR in this expansion, before that I sort off quit raiding and playing at the end of Cataclysm, the reason for that was most at the end of Cataclysm I got a bit burned out and did not really feel like raiding anymore, started again with MoP but at the time I was not really feeling it. I have been raiding very hardcore from the start up until, the mid Cataclysm. The most amazing thing I will never forget it when I downed Illidan after weeks of weeks of trying mostly every night for hours it was such an epic moment for the entire guild that feeling was the best I ever had in WoW or in any game.  

Guild history: Tell us something about your previous guilds, why you joined/left them etc. The last guild on this server I was in is called "CtrlALtElite" it is a small guild of people I personally know IRL very casual players that do not really have time to raid and just want to play some, only joined them since I had not place to go and wanted to LvL and gear up and meanwhile look for a new home that fits my needs. Before I raided on Silvermoon in a guild called "Prior Munda" where I raid leaded mostly from the early days of WoW up until WoTLK. They do not exist anymore true the year the main core of the guild where we started with sort off disappeared people grew up got kids and well you know how it goes. Only a small part of the no lifers stayed around and at some point found other guild and went away.   

When can you play: We raid quite often, mostly 20-23 h server time; tell us something about when we can expect you to be online so we can see if the schedules are compatible. 
Working in IT as a freelancer I make my own hours so having time to raid and prepare for raids is no problem.  

Where are you from: I am from Belgium (Flemish side) but currently I am living in Romania for almost 2 years now. 

Age: How old are you? We've had problems with parent enrages and don't really want any more! I am 28 years old.  

About you: Tell us something about yourself. We want to get to know the person behind the in-game character; after all, this is a team game and it's nice to know the other members of the team and find people with similar interests! Alright, computers/gaming sort off everything to do with technology is something that interest me most of my life. Since the age of 7 when i got a NES for my b-day, the nerd gene start to grew on me haha. That is why I became a computer technician and network engineer. I moved to Romania since the job I wanted to do was not really a job for the Belgium government and they wanted to know where my money was coming from but at the end I was paying more taxes then I could earn so I say farewell to my home. Working from my home changed my life allot, I would never ever want to do something else anymore this is the life I wanted and I feel happy. I like going out from time to time, enjoy the good things in life like trying out new beers I never had and log them in my phone rate them ect., is a personal thing I do which I enjoy just the same as a good cigar with a fine whisky. Also I have a wonderful girlfriend who games as much as me, used to be a WoW played as well but is more into the single player lately. I don't really know what to add more to this for now.  

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: AKA What's in it for you? What I expect is a mature environment, where there can be fun but also serious when needed a guild where I would could make those real good moments happen again.  

UI and keybinds: If you're applying for a raiding spot, list your keybinds here and post a screenshot of your combat UI. You can use the img tags or upload it as an attachment. 
I keep my UI very clean and mostly standard, most important addons for me are decent unit frames I use Xperl for it, DBM, Omen, Omni CC (cooldown counter) and Recount. Most of ability's the ones are are needed are keybinded.  

Anything else: If there's any other information you'd like to share with us, please do so here. 
I have a verry good headset and am able to talk/join any voicecom needed, I have also a personal TS server that may be used if needed. 

Thank you for reading 

Kind regards, 
Verjin the Druid

Post subject: Re: Verjin - Druid
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:44 pm  

Hello there, sorry for the late reply. I had to find some tinted glasses to read the application ;)

Gave your application a read over, it is well written and organised which I liked.
I see no reason not to offer you a social spot, as for raiding given no heroic experience, competitive players and long absence from the game we can't offer a raid spot.
However this would not exclude you from any flex runs we might do :)

Will give the other officers a poke to see what they think :)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:23 pm  

Lately yeah I have nothing to show for that is true for sure, but I got some in the passed, and I am a fast learner, a social spot would be great and maybe in the future I can prove myself.

(And yes, sorry after I have done it i noticed it was kinda not a good idea using that color code, my bad 8-) . )

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:32 am  

Site Admin

Hello, thanks for applying!

Like Smokey said, there is pretty much no way we could give you a raid spot right now, so we have to treat this as a social app for now – that's also the only reason why I'm going to turn a blind eye to your missing enchants, gems and belt buckle. For now, we can accept you for social rank and you can prove yourself to us when you catch up. I do want to point out that if you're looking to join our raid team at some point, we would most likely prefer you to play resto because we already have a few active tanks.

If you have any other questions, ask away, if not, you can poke us in-game for an invitation.

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

Post subject: [accepted] Re: Verjin - Druid
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:51 pm  

Site Admin

Closing this, if you are still interested in joining, please contact any officer or GM in-game :)

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]