[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [declined] Shamonster - Restoration Shaman

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:13 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [declined] Shamonster - Restoration Shaman
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:21 pm  

Character name: Shamonster

Character class: Shaman

Professions: Herbalism and Alchemy

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): I main resto spec, love to be a healer and a Raid-saver every now and then. I also DPS as enhancement, but i need some practice in it in a raiding environment, as i usually heal. Also have a Hunter (SV troll) Paladin (Tauren Tank). I focus on my shaman, and my gear is tiwards Cit/mastery for heavy emergency healing. my traditional healing style can be decribed as conservative and efficient, and bursty when needed. (love triage healing style)

Respeccing: I can respec as often as needed, i do like ranged DPS and tanking but i feel most comfortable in a stressy environment with some pressure on me (so DPS is less favorite) my prio would be Heal > Tank > DPS.

Class Info: Ive coverd a bit of that already, but i love the smahan class. the totem style and the way their spells interact make for an unpredictable non-cookie cutter rotation. and thats the thing i like most, abbout healing in general but especially shamans, they are reactive healers, no shielding, no excess easy HoTting...just plain old predicting damage and preventing damage. A sstats i favor Crit 9for resurgence mana regen and heavy hitting heals, and mastery, for the Deep Healing makes for tremendous heals when i pop my emergency butons. most favored is prehotting the raid with Riptide, then popping ascendance and SWG (and with the 4 set) i can run and heal and bitschslap Heroic Shamans in the face ^^.

Raid experience: Most memorable moment was without a doubt my first Jin'rok Kill in ToT, i was barly geared enough but our raid leader took me in anyway, knowing i was good for it, attitude wise and learning wise. we wiped a few times cause when my turn was up to heal through thunderstorm is simply couldnt, was messing up rotations etc... then he spoke to me in private, made me feel more as ease and we killed him the next pull, with my healing effectively doubling over the course of the fight :). eversince cleared ToT MSV and HoF mostly on Normal, but since SoO i really want to get into HCs. done immerseus and a few early bosses but no extensive experience yet. do know the fights.

Guild history: I joined in cataclysm, i started playing then (yes im a wow-baby) and i servertransfred from saurfang to wildhammer to join a guild on my hunter, that guild was Twisted UK, wher i met a lot of my current friends and raid buddies. we left that guild and moved to Primal fear cause the leaders of Twisted just kinda Meh'ed out and left. Then Primal Fear swapped the full guild to Dreanor server so yeah, wasnt gonna join that. the core of our group started X Horde, the guild im in currently and really like. Just inactivity, holidays and some IRL stuff made raiding a bit on the lower side lately, and completely stop for the summer. And i miss it a bit, that few days per week when a bunch of people all sstrive for the same goal. So, here i am typing this app :)

When can you play: I used to raid from 20:30 till midnightish, so the times are compatible. days are also compatible, just tuesdays can prove difficult. and saturdays are usually socially taken, but exceptions are always possible :)

Where are you from: Holland, but fluent in english, can speak german and some french too. but im dutch to the bone ;)

Age: Old enought o Be a parent ;) haha no im 28, just turned 28 in july, no parents raging on me since i live by myself.

About you: Well im from holland, name is Bas, and i have a few outside wow hobbies such as skateboarding, basketball and surfing. live near the beach so i get to do these tings alot :) i work as a physical therapist and i have a flexible schedule. im a hardass when it comes to raiding, in the sence that i dont wanna wipe, but if we do, we do so togehter and we fix it together. wont hear me rage anytime really. more of a constructive criticism guy :)

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: AKA What's in it for you? i wanna restart raiding, push my capabilities in a more unforgiving environment, and have some fun in the process :)

UI and keybinds: If you're applying for a raiding spot, list your keybinds here and post a screenshot of your combat UI. You can use the img tags or upload it as an attachment. (follows)

https://imageshack.com/i/exl0rwHCj

Anything else: If there's any other information you'd like to share with us, please do so here.

Post subject: Re: Shamonster - Restoration Shaman
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:41 pm  
Officer

Hey there, in general i like the application, however you have some strange choises in your gear. Can you pls explain what haste breakpoint you are going for? Why do you randomly gemming pure int in some red sockets and int - crit in some others? Why do you gem for the socket bonus in the rings and the boots? You dont rly need spirit.

Tbh a crit/mastery build isnt that great in SoO since in this raid we usually stand before oneshot abilitys wich means going for a full crit build will be so much better. So basicly you should aim for Int - Haste to your chosen breakpoint - CRIT - mastery.

In yellow you should use pure crit gems in red sockets you should have Int - crit gems and in blue you should use Int - spirit gems (basicly)

However if i where you i would use pure crit gems in both the rings and the feet, the 4p isnt rly worth to have tbh. Ofc if you didnt get other pieces to change with it isnt bad.

Our situation is as follow, we do have a pretty stable raiding group for current SoO, we are searching for members for Mythic raiding in SoO and mythic WoD. We do have a few healers already so im not sure we really need more healers.

Pls do answer my questions and explain the gemming choises you made and speak abit about what haste breakpoint you are heading for. In the meantime i will speak to some other officers and see what we shall do with you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:05 am  

Hey alunari, thanks for checking the app out, and ill try to answer as best as i can.

As far as the random gemming goes, i Favor Int over any secondary stat, so for example a green gem in the helm to get 180 Int off of, is i.mo. een good choice, even if im nort strapped for mana at any of the fights (and if i would i have the siegecrafter spirit trinket in my bags)

Also, the raid setup im used to is Disc/Druid/Shaman, so for me to have fast heals and hot ticks was never a primary aim. the usual haste breakpoint is go for is 12,5% for the added Healing rain tick and the riptide tick, but some changes in game may have made me go over that at some point (at 13,3% now i think) like by 4/4 ing a piece without reforging again...

As far as my rings go your right, i must have skipped them in the process, fixed them as well since the 120 spirit isnt something i can go without :)

As far as raiding spot goes, i realise that your a big guild and have many people in the rosters, and i do not expect to be handed a spot, but if you would consider, try me out once or a few times in a normal run and see how i roll :)

again thanks for the feedback and if i missed anything please let me know.

Bas

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:09 pm  
Officer

Right, the haste breakpoints isnt really for fast heals (i feel that shamans are slow by default) but its for the ticks from the healing rain, the healing stream totem etc etc wich in fact is important. The haste breakpoint you mention is fine to go with however when you have a bit better gear it shouldnt be a problem to go for a higher one. The one that ppl is talking about the most is 9100. Im not sure what you can do with your gear but as i said if 12.5% is what you go for, fine.

You say you favor intelect? Ok, first of all in some red sockets you use pure int gems and in some red sockets you use int crit ones, why? You should only use 80 int 160 crit in red ones cause the stats you gain is simply better! It has nothing to do with what you favor. Basicly Intelect is better than any secondary stat yes, but 80 int+ 160 crit is better than only 160 int.

Im fairly new to Shamans and i can be wrong on some things but i do read about it alot and i pretty much feel that you have missed something out, sure min/maxing maybe isnt that important atm and you can still be a good healer.

I will talk to the Gm and the other officers about you, and we shal see if we can offer something.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:39 pm  

You make very good points, and as far as i know i can easily swap pout the gems or check for a higher haste breakpoint, even though i play shaman alot, you never stop learning :)

If no solid spot is available ill be backup, just not sure i would leave my current guild for that (dislike guildhopping in general) but as im also partly raid leader/officer there.

truth be told, a raider is a person, ragardless what toon he brings. and that personality determines whether your a good raider or not. i dont see that as toon-specific.

anyways hit me up, would love to prove myself for a night/few fights.

Bas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:14 pm  

Site Admin

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:58 pm  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:12 pm  
Officer

Right, so just because the guildbank didnt have gems you didnt fix it? Every raider should afford to gem and enchant the gear you get without the help of the guild bank. That reason is just....

Looked at your armory yet again and i just :O If its possible it looks even more like a clusterfuck now. I mean what hastecap is you going for now?? IF you dont have the gear for that high you shouldnt aim that high... I mean i gave you a perfectly fine cap wich is 9100 if you went to that instead it would have gave you much more other usefull stats such as CRIT. You still have Pure intellect gems in there... Its like you listen to some and just ignore 80% of it.

I dont understand you just didnt want to upgrade pieces? Feels lazy to me, i mean like yousay it wouldnt be so hard to do it at all. You should have done it before you applied here.

As for your gameplay there is actually alot of different choises you cna make as a Shaman and im simply not good enought on my own shaman yet to say anything about it except some of it seems dodgy.

Btw i dont understand where on the Garrosh fight you need the "burstheal" you have tons of shit for whirls and other stuff on that fight as a Shaman and didnt you say you guys run with 3 healers? In fact i dont understand where you need any burstheals where you screw your mana that much at all..

All in all it dosent feel that you know basic stuff about your Shaman, and when you do change stuff it feels even more wat.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:47 pm  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:33 pm  
Officer

I dont really mean to be rude but its hard to answer or give feedback in a nice way when you clearly isnt listening. Can you please explain to me why oh why you go for such a massive breakpoint when you so obvious isnt geared for it. That breakpoint close to 50% is what Hc raiders with full hc gear MAYBE go for, not alot is doing this cause they feel the other stats will suffer to much, what you do is suicide for i dont know everything! I gave you a perfectly valid breakpoint for your gear and that is no breakpoint i take out of the blue, when you choose that breakpoint with YOUR gear it means you will have much more crit and isnt going to struggle with mana. I have given you advice on how to perfect your gemming and what do you do, something totally different. Oh wait it isnt advices at all it is true FACTS. Go to any forum there is on Shamans and you will find the exact same thing im saying to you here. Why test something that has already been tested?

It did sound like you where cheap yes, fair enought you are not. But still you didnt change wich make you what? Lazy, ignorant or i dont know. If you are going to apply for a raiding spot in a semihardcore raiding guild why dont you take the effort and change things? Or atleast when given the advices to change, do so!

Im not a Shaman expert that is true, however that isnt what i said. I recently started my Shaman (a few months) and have read a ton of info about them wich means i know how im supposed to gem and wich breakpoints i should go for. This isnt making me an expert and i dont know it by heart just yet. But do you really think that im going to sit here and give advices that has no ground?

Im sure you have a job, so do i. But you did say to us "Also, ive experimented some with haste breakpoints (should reflect in my armory) and fixed the gemming in general." Ofc i took it as you have fixed things and went to have a look...

Here is my Shaman btw http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... x/advanced

Edit: Tbh i did loose trust in this thread, however we might JUST MIGHT try you out in one of our altraids just to see.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next