[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [declined] Shamonster - Restoration Shaman

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:18 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Shamonster - Restoration Shaman
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:41 pm  

Well.. lets just see then, i feel no need to stress why i made a try for a very high breakpoint... if you wish to label it as lazy or ignorant, be my guest :)
id call it curious and experiment a bit off the beaten track... all these guides wrent written by people who always do what theire told...

As for gemming, theres multiple ways to reach a breakpoint, not only by religiously gemming 3 types only, but lets agree to disagree...

and on your shaman... very nice gear indeed :)

anyway if you wanna cosider trying me out, id like to know what nights, ill make sure i am prepared.

Bas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:41 pm  

Site Admin

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:06 pm  

You make a good point dagthul, you do.

however my plan was to not really raid again till WoD as the guild i was in kinda took a break from that. went to Bali for amonth and generally didnt play alot, so yes the armory isnt lying :)

then when i missed raiding, i restarted and applied here, so me not bothering to keep up with something i had no initial plans to keep up with... after all after leveling to 100 in WoD the gear you have now is rather pointless... the deciosion to retry and get some raiding done started maybe a few hours before i wrote my app. forgive me for not VP capping :)

but lets stop talking/typing i think ive tried to say all i have to. if you wanna give me a go, then think about it, if not then let me know :)

Bas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:19 pm  
Officer

I dont see why you dont want to do it the optimal way, what is it you want to try, this is end of an expansion and everything is tested and typed down for you to know what the best thing to do is. There is no reason at all for you to experiment anymore.

Yes there is many ways for one to go to breakpoint for instans i would have reforged your helm into haste instead of mastery to get some more crit gems in, i also would have reforged the wep from mastery to haste to get even more crit in. Afterall you want crit more than you want mastery.

But tbh i dont even know why i even discuss with you, go your own way and experiment abit more. Im afraid it will be around WoD but hey. you can always write your own guide then since you clearly dont trust math.

Im done know have fun and good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:21 pm  

Site Admin

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:25 pm  

Officer

I have been keeping an eye on this thread, so I think I might be able to add my 2 cents to this topic.

Shamonster; you're obviously a nice, determined, zealous and ambitious player. That's obvious from the way you're trying to address the points directed at you by our core team raiders. However -- that in itself is far, far from enough, and never will be. You're basically presenting a mediocre setup that you are comfortable with based on your group's setup and personal experience and maybe that has worked for you so far but that, unfortunately, isn't enough in itself and isn't a progressive raider material.

In a group aiming for mythic progression next expansion AND racing for server firsts, you have to be open to minmax and optimize yourself to the teeth. You are basically being informed, taught to improve, and handed the tools to improve and yet, you insist on a very non-optimal setup and gemming just for your personal reasons which, have they been justified, could work, but in your case they obviously don't work in the more advanced meta game of progressive raiding.

Additionally, things like no available gems in your guild bank is never an excuse to not set yourself up with your own gems, enchants and consumables in addition to the most optimal talents which change fight to fight, setup to setup, and on encounter to encounter basis. Our raiders are expected to optimize their own gear on their own and the guild provides them with the secondary tools like guild repairs, MAYBE food and pots SOMETIMES, but you are expected to take care of these aspects on your own regardless, like each and everyone of us, and that's not the case in our guild only. Every serious group adapted this mentality for the reasons mentioned above.

Now what our core raid members will decide regarding this application is up to them. There was a time I was part of the decision making group and I would have definitely rejected your application at this point -- and trust me, half of this server probably migrated because of me and my/our requirements that sounded rough to them where in fact they're just basics. In the end though, because of such requirement, we moved up the ranks since WotLK, up to and including dominating most of Cata, to achieving server first heroic kills in the first tier of MoP. Just based on what I said earlier: You do not sound like a progression material to me.

Me: "The lack of Thrall in the ending of HFC is jarring, wtf?"
Cyn: "As if the call for Alliance tears over the redemption of Grom wasn't enough, you want Thrall in it? Wow dude."
Me: *can't stop laughing*

"We will never be slaves! ... But we will be... Conquerors..."
- Grommash Hellscream, Tanaan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:57 pm  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2