[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [approved] Maz- Resto druid

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:28 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: [approved] Maz- Resto druid
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:20 am  

Character name: Mâz-Aggramar

Character class: Resto Druid

Professions: Max LW/JC

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): 581 Resto Druid, feral offspec of about 550 right now http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... z/advanced

Class Info: I can tell you almost anything about resto druids I have played it since the start of TBC. I really enjoy the freedom of movement while still being able to output decent healing. Main rotation/priority system is keeping mastery buff up > keep a mushroom down > keep lifebloom rolling on a target that is taking steady damage (usually the tank) > swiftmend followed by wildgrowth (if using talent) for incoming raid damage > regrowth with clearcasting procs > spam rejuv. Obviously the prioritys change depending on what kinda of raid damage is incoming. Main cooldowns are barkskin which is mainly used to prevent some predictable incoming damage on myself. Ironbark which is a barkskin I can cast on somebody else with a slightly higher CD. Tranquility, my big raid CD. (I believe they are changing it slightly in WoD.) Mushroom Bloom which is an odd CD. First big bloom is free from prehealing before pull but after that need overhealing to be useful which is strange and I think they are doing away with it in WoD anyway. Stampeding roar. Makes people run faster and breaks snares, what more can I say. Stat prioities at the moment is getting to 13063 haste rating to get extra tick of rejuvenation assuming raid has spell haste buff. After that put everything into mastery and find a level of spirit that allows you to do fights without mana problems.

Raid experience: Favourite boss was the Lich King in WotLK. Killed it server first 25 on Shadowsong. Cleared up to and including SSC in TBC while it was current tier but didnt really raid much after that until WotLK. In WotLK i was in a 10 man guild and we cleared everything server first (no achievements for server first 10 man at the time) until the 25 man server first guild poached us and we raided icecrown citadel with them, eventually getting server first lichking. We raided in cata clearing everything first until heroic chogall which we didnt manage to get down before the guild disbanded after a couple officers went MIA. I took a break from wow after that until SoO came out.

Guild history: Joined Wipe in Progress on Aggramar to play with some RL friends in Mop. Was a decent fun little guild that started a bit late into the expansion but still managed 13/14 heroic. Was in Wrath on Shadowsong before that which at one point was 7th in the world but usually top 100. Before that was other little guilds that arent relevent but always raiding guild.

When can you play: I can be free from about 20:00 server time til whenever. Most likely before that soon if needed for progression.

Where are you from: South East England.

About you: Im a dude who likes video games, mostly just wow raiding and civilisation 5 (soon 6) these days.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I wanna raid with competent people.

UI and keybinds: I use my mouse to click on people then i open the spellbook and click the spell I want to cast. I use my keyboard to turn and mainly move out of fire by back peddling.
http://imgur.com/3Hc5IE1
I actually use mouseover macros and grid mainly for healing and the normal 1-7 qerzxtfc with shift control and alt modifiers for everything else. Use power auras to track cooldowns and buffs/debuffs on myself and grid to track others.

Anything else: I have 10 alts which will all be 90 at WoD (last 2 are 87 and 88 right now), 5 of them are resto druids....i dont know why.

Post subject: Re: Maz- Resto druid
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:17 pm  

Site Admin

Woo, finally someone also using Grid. \o/ Having 5 druids on lvl 90, I can assume you truly are restodruid by your whole heart - can I ask you what's your opinion on changes they are pushing through for them in WoD?

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:17 pm  

5 alt druids.....so 6 total. But really most of the alts are used for professions at the start of expansion to make gold/trinkets and free stuff in garrisons if its not too time consuming to get to that level with them. Will only play 1-3 alts at 100 most likely.

Wod Resto druid seems pretty similar to they are now from what i can tell, will just have to turn autorun off for a second to cast wildgrowth now. 30 seond mushroom CD kind of sucks now though. Was really useful for telling the raid where to stand, especially on fights like thok p1 where you ahd to be 10 yards apart. Now if i fuck it up it will suck instead of just wasting a GCD.
The 100 talents are a little bit boring basically a mana saver, a raid healing increase and a whack-a-mole spot healing talent. Though just thinking about it swiftmend with 0 CD and soul of the forest could make for a more interesting playstyle.
Balance looks like it could be less clunky and actually interesting to play, i will probably try this as my offspec.
Feral gets a cool new form which is cool i guess, might have an alt play this as offspec or maybe mainspec. I lacked a solid dps in MoP.
Bear looked completely broken last time i looked, but after a quick reread i think they have fixed the numbers now. Unless tanking goes back to what it was in TBC or around that time I dont think im even going to consider it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:36 pm  

Site Admin

Yeah, I got the similar feeling from Resto changes, didn't really go into other specs since I'm mostly interested in healing. :) Anyway, about your app itself - you are missing 4 enchants and some JWC gems, but since it's only your OS gear, it's not such a big deal. We also currently don't have spots in main raiding group, but that will change in about 3 weeks when Mythic opens. If you are fine with that, I'm voting /for.

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:35 pm  

Being pretty much the only healer in the guild I didnt really get a chance to play feral in raids so didnt actually do my offspec properly or very well at all, just threw some gems and cheap enchants in it last night so I could mess around in the brawlers guild.
Ive logged out in healer gear now.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:42 pm  

Site Admin

Hey, we've decided to approve your application. :) Please start your server transfer process and contact our officers (Dagthul, Indrax, Cynique, Gaella) once you're done.

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]