[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [accepted] Kaylas Guardian druid.

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:50 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [accepted] Kaylas Guardian druid.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:33 pm  

Character name: Kaylas

Character class: Druid

Professions: Mining and Herbalism

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): Which spec(s) are you playing?
I play Guardian, and feral occasionally. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... s/advanced
I've played for several years however quit playing shortly after the release of Cata. As I've recently come back to the game, my gear isn't particularly up to par, however, I'm more interested in WoD raiding.
I've played all the specs and will respec if required, in fact I'm used to it due to my past in progressive raiding. I used to play balance and resto in WotLK however I was primarily playing my paladin at the time as protection and holy.

Class Info: Druids are extremely versartile, not much more can be said. As a past raid leader, I've always appreciated the presence of atleast one resto druid and one feral.
My priorities when it comes to my gear is hit until cap, expertise till cap, mastery, agi/crit. My rotation is Mangle, lacerate till three, maul on tooth and claw proc, thrash, (if symbiosis on a pally) consecration, repeat as and when and sticking as close to this as possible, ensuring lacerate doesn't fall of target. With excess rage I always try to keep savage defence up, then frenzied regent if possible.

Raid experience: I cleared all all content but sunwell in BC, however was working on progression through as WotLK hit, in wrath I cleared all content bar heroic LK. Including algalon 10 and 25, ToGC and managed to obtain a tribute to insanity ten player, which entailed not allowing any deaths or wipes in ToGC, this must have been my favourite achievement to date due to the stresses we placed on ourselves by using only two healers, me being one of them.

Guild history: Slackers Inc - BC. Left to join a guild more open to allowing new players, wanted to play with some friends at the time who didn't have the same experience as me so were unable to join.
Technovikings - WotLK. Started this guild with my friends and progressed through most content, however eventually left due to some players lack of dedication.
Anima - I cleared the rest of WoLK content asides heroic LK himself, with these guys, however they decided to change server and I'd already transferred to alliance to join them and decided to not follow them
Elysium - raided with these guys after a free realm transfer popped up, quit the game start of data and that's my past.
Current guild is a social guild.

When can you play: all days from 17.45 onwards, asides from days of work which are Friday Saturdays and Sundays.

Where are you from: Uk

About you:
. I work full time as an it tech, contracting to places like ticketmaster, hence my odd schedule. I like building and repairing computers and that's my main pass time.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: AKA What's in it for you?
From you guys I expect to experience some professional raiding and in return I'll dedicate my time, experience and past knowledge of progression raiding.

UI and keybinds: I'll have to upload this at some other point as I'm applying by phone. I use xperl, grid, clique, omen and badkitty. Oh and dBm :)

Anything else: If there's any other information you'd like to share with us, please do so here. I can provide links for my old main character of required. :)

Post subject: Re: Kaylas Guardian druid.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:31 pm  

Site Admin

Hey there. ^^

1) We already have too many guardian druids in our WoD roster. You said you don't mind changing spec if it's necessary - does that only count for Druid, or are other classes also an option? And did you try out any current version of other druid specs?
2) Your lack of raid experience in past two expansions isn't speaking in your favor. My point number 5 should hopefully address that.
3) I'd like to see your UI as you've promised.
4) About WoD - you said you are looking forward to raids in this expansion, any specific reasons? What does appeal to you in WoD? :) Are there any class and spec changes for druid you welcome/hate (not just Guardian)?
5) Not having gear right since you haven't raided is of course understandable, I would however like to ask you to get your gear in shape (enchants, reforges etc.) since we might want to see how you perform in one of our normal runs which happen on Tuesdays. We should talk about that in real-time, so please add me in game (Cynique).
6) Your availability doesn't mash that well with our raid days, since at least one raid is bound to happen on weekend. We should talk about that in PMs as well.

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:03 pm  

Hello.

I have tried out resto, balance and feral, I am currently levelling my mage from 80 as I left her behind after the expansions hit. I've raided previously with all above druid specs and as with my mage, I've used as all spec's too.

WoD is a push in a new direction with raiding, well and old with a new touch with the LFR system and the new raid sizes, its a bit more close to old BC style raiding which I enjoyed vastly. I had been trailing beta for a while before it was made open and really enjoyed some of the changes made. Namely how some of the new talents change a few of the classes priorities.

I understand about lack of raid experience in the past rtwo expansions, but a new expansion is always a new type of raiding. I just found the first few raids in both expansions lacking in challenge and vastly became bored of each, however as I've tested WoD I know this won't be the case.

If you'd like me to specify further I can do so. I'll post my UI this evening.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:02 pm  

This is my typical interface, as you can see, a combination of the mentioned addons. I've created a layout that suits myself as a player. However, I do wish to finetune it a bit more, as it's a bit bland still, typically I'd use pitbull unit frames and tweak the crap out of them.

Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_092214_175834.jpg
WoWScrnShot_092214_175834.jpg [ 535.81 KiB | Viewed 18658 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:06 pm  

Do you have keybindings?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:11 pm  

[Cat form] Ctrl-E

[Dash] 5

[Enrage] 3

[Faerie Fire] CTRL-F

[Feral Charge] 2

[Frenzied Regen] SHIFT-V

[Maim] 1

[Mangle] R

[Maul] SHIFT-A

[Prowl] SHIFT-S

[Rake] Q

[Ravage] SHIFT-E

[Savage Roar] E

[Skull Bash] SHIFT-3

[Stampeding Roar] X

[Swipe] SHIFT-D

[Thrash] SHIFT-5

[Barkskin] CTRL-Q

[Bear Form] SHIFT-Q

[Berserk] CTRL-E

[Growl] C

[Healing Touch] CTRL-S

[Innervate] CTRL-G

[Mass entangle] CTRL-X

[Rebirth] V

[Regrowth] SHIFT-2

[Remove Corruption] SHIFT-L

[Revive] cntrl-A

[Survival Instincts] SHIFT-H

[Swift Flight Form] SHIFT-4

[Tranquility] T

[Travel Form] SHIFT-G

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:11 pm  

ooya fucker that looks like it took a while.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:44 pm  

Still tweaking it to be fair. Need to feel flow for each move that I use you know?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:12 pm  

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageANY QUESTIONS?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:21 pm  

To be fair, xperl is pretty naff, using ouf or pitbull is my normal choice, just kinda rushed the unit frames cause I'm usually never satisfied with it, my ui isn't amazing, just does it's job. Probably set time aside to make it more aesthetically pleasing soon. :P

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next