[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [accepted] Magemasher - Fury Warrior

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: [accepted] Magemasher - Fury Warrior
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:12 pm  

Character Name: Magemashér

Character class: Warrior

Professions: Blacksmithing and Jewel Crafting (Considering a change due to no combat bonus in WoD)

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode):
I’m currently playing Arms for PvP, but my heart still longs for fury. I normally like to keep protection as my off spec for tanking when necessary.
My current gear is not very noteworthy as i have just returned to playing and am starting to prepare for WoD by doing raid finder and flex raids as much as i can. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... r/advanced

Respeccing:
I have decent experience with tanking as it was my main spec through Vanilla and have always tanked off and on throughout my time in WoW, i am more than happy to respec as needed.

Class Info:
Warriors have always been a favourite class of mine, simple yet effective, and has been my main throughout my time on WoW. They always tend to be slightly weaker due to gear requirements in the early stages of an expansion but always perform well overall eventually becoming gods at max gear. I've always been more of a fan of Fury over arms especially since the addition of Titans Grip as i love the play style of a berserking madman wielding two huge weapons.
Both fury and arms have similar rotations right now with MS/BT > Overpower/Raging Blow > Slam/Wildstrike, Heroic strike is used when rage cap would be reached. It is important to optimize the number of abilities you can use in your Colossus Smash window to boost dps. Other important things to remember is using pummel to activate Rude Interruption glyph for the dps boost. Below 20% mob health Execute becomes a lot more important and should be weaved into the rotation to increase dps output.
For fury the stat that is most useful to the class is crit (after hit and expertise caps and then str), allowing more procs for raging blows, followed by mastery.

Raid experience: My most notable and memorable kills are C’thun, LK 25 HC, Algalon 10man, and Yogg Saron 0 Lights 10man. I have killed most of the content since Vanilla until the end of Wrath of the Lich King.

Guild history:
I have a long guild history but i'll keep it to the main points. First guild was called Hive a large raiding guild on Shadowsong, following this i joined OTD and killed C'thun. Through TBC i raided with a few different guilds but mainly a guild called The Bloodthrust Clan. My favourite raiding guild was Aftermath during Wotlk mainly for the 10man group that we had and the bosses we killed, some of which are shown above. Following this i joined Wrath, a pretty decent top 100 guild alongside Maz, following this at the start of Cata i was nearing my final year of University and quit playing WoW.

When can you play:
I am self-employed and am normally online by 6:30 - 6:45 GMT. However this occasionally means that work comes first and may need to miss a raid if we have deadlines to meet. I will endeavour to complete work to meet the raiding schedule.

Where are you from: I am from the United Kingdom (still United!)

About you:
I am a Quantity Surveyor from a town called Ascot in the south of England, i am self employed and work from home alongside my Dad and Brother. I play other games including League of Legends and Minecraft. I am also an avid watcher of the EU LCS and am currently enjoying World Finals!

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild:
I have been away from raiding for a while now and feel it is something that i want to get back into, i hope that in the guild i can raid to a high standard and achieve a high level of progression through the next expansion.

UI and keybinds:
http://gyazo.com/3ddc52f7007fe4aee7015588fe9ca0d8
Currently using ElvUi, I quite like it as it is minimal and allows me to customise little pieces to suit my playstyle.

Anything else:
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Post subject: Re: Magemasher - Fury Warrior
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:01 pm  

Site Admin

Hey there,

you are in very similar situation as previous applicant - you seriously lack any recent raiding experience. We could most likely use DPS warrior in WoD (we currently only have one), but I'd like to know if you have any raiding experience on other classes?

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:25 pm  

Hey,

I have a small amount of raiding experience as a rogue, and i feel that given a decent amount of warning before the expansion (especially with all the changes) i could learn to play most, if not all, dps classes to a high level of skill (or maybe luck).

Will

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:32 pm  

Site Admin

Hey, for next step of application, I'd like to speak to you on TeamSpeak. I PM'd you my B.net tag and TS info here on forums.

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]