[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [Declined] ChaosYoshi - Destrucion Warlock

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:17 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [Declined] ChaosYoshi - Destrucion Warlock
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:07 pm  

Character name: ChaosYoshi

Character class: Warlock

Professions: I'm currently trying to get my mining(352) and engineering(423) to max. The reason I've selected these are because i can earn gold on mining, but i haven't even bothered selling mines/ores, and for the engineering one I chose it because they have alot of cool stuff they can make. But if a guild would have a reason for me to change them for raiding purposes I would gladly do.

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode):
I've chosen these talent specs:
Soul Leech: because it gives me an absorbation shield so the healers wont need to heal me too much, and it helps my survivability.
Shadowfury: because its a really good AoE stun, so lets say 2 Dragonmaw Bonecrusher's are bashing those faction leaders in a small distance from eachother, well shadowfury is the answer.
Soul Link: I don't actually know why I picked it, I just got told by my current guild leader thats and pretty good Warlock that I was supposed to use it. I guess its because the sacrifice gives me more HP then.
Burning Rush: I've chosen this one because its pretty good if I need to get somewhere quickly in a bossfight. Well it drains my HP, but im a warlock with burning embers i can stand that small damage.
Grimoire of Sacrifice: The reason why i use Sacrifice is because it gives me an additional ability. Like on Iron Juggernaut when he goes into siege mode I would sacrifice my voidwalker because the ability i get from him is a 30% hp increase, the same goes for Thok, there I sacrifice my imp because he gives me a clense I can use on myself and others to make it easier for the healer. But normally i sacrifice my felhunter for the silence.
Kil'jaeden's Cunning: The reason why I've picked this is simple, running while casting. Need to get somewhere while doing damage? well this is your talent.

I started this character not long ago since my guild needed a warlock to complete their raid groups. So because of them i went from my main "DarkYoshi - Guardian Druid". But I'm really flexible and i can change class and specs if needed. I really enjoy the destruction spec because the numbers of the crits are so high, and I've learned my spec kinda good.
I've tried out affliction but never demonology, but I cant get a good hang of them, I guess its because I don't have the right gear for those specs.

Class Info:
Well warlocks are super cool, they have high survivability and these destruction crits are just amazing. The main reason I like it is because of the crits, but after I got the question to reroll warlock I would actually never reroll back, but thats the guilds decision. If they need a new class I would gladly change :)
My ability priorities are Curse of the Elements first then I use and keep up my Immolate, I then use my conflagrates on CD to get the Backdraft buff so I can cast my incinerate quicker, and when I have 3 and a half Burning Embers I use Dark Soul:Instability -> Immolate -> 4 Chaos Bolts, the reason I can cast 4 is because the immolate have gathered the last half of my burning ember. When the target is under 20% health I use Shadowburn instead of Chaos Bolt, and I try to time 4 of them with my Dark Soul:Instability CD
My usefull cooldown would be my:
Summon Doomguard: This CD gives me an extra dps boost for 1 minute
Unending Resolve: Reduces my damage taken by 40% and makes me uninterruptable for 8 seconds, this is a good CD combined with Voidwalker ability for taking bombs on Iron Juggernaut.
Soulstone: Combatress, who dosn't want another combatress?
Dark Sould:Instability: This is a pure DPS boost for me that lasts for 20 seconds and gives me 30% more crit chance.
Demonic Circle: if I've ran quite far away from my position, use this to get back :)
Burning Rush: I use this to get quickly between spots I have to be.
The stats I prioritise is first of all the Spellhit to 15%, then I go for as much Mastery as I can get since Mastery IS my damage, then haste is my priority so I can get my casts a little quicker.

Raid experience:
I started playing late TBC so I didn't start raiding untill WotLK came out, I started out doing pugs mostly and in that time i think i did around 3 wings in Naxx a few bosses in ToC, 5-6 bosses in Ulduar. I then got to do ICC where I cleared it in normal.
When Cata I weren't that active, but I did some raids, I managed to clear BwD, 3/4 BoT, 1/2 Tot4W. Well Baradin Hold everyone did so why bother list it? :P I never did so many bosses in Firelands, but if i remember right we always did untill Ragnaros.
When Dragon Soul came out I joined a guild that I cant remember the name of, but we cleared it all on HC.
When MoP hit I were slacking a little bit on raiding, but I got into it atleast, while MSV was the current tier Cleared it on normal, I did 2/4 in ToeS, HoF I only managed 5/6. ToT I cleared 4bosses I think because I got kinda bored in MoP, now that SoO is end content, I've cleared 14/14 Normal.
Yes I know I have little HC experience but I really want to start doing more HC as my current guild don't wanna progress on HC.
I think my favorite moment in raiding at this very moment must have been Madness of Deathwing, because on heroic, we wiped and wiped and wiped and when we finally got him down we actually celebrated ingame. (don't ask me why) I really remember that moment of happiness.

Guild history:
Well I've been mostly in social guilds, and in 2 raiding guilds that I can remember atm.
I were in a guild called "Sick or Twisted" while ICC was current content, a norwegian guild.
Currently I'm in a guild called "Silent Era" The reason why I would leave it is if I would find a guild that are progressing current raid tiers. But im stuck doing normal raids.

When can you play:
I got kinda flexxy work hours and I'm going to school, so I there may be some days I can't be raiding, but usually I'm can be online from 16:00 each day and to atleast 00:00. But yea depends on when I get work.

Where are you from:
I am a Viking ;)) I'm from Norway.

Well I'm 20 Years old and living by myself, so the raging from my parents won't be an issue at all.

About you:
My name is Chris, I'm an norwegian student, and working as a security guard when I'm not attending school. On my spare time I usually spend some time with friends or my girlfriend, or i just sit home and play games with my friends. I live in Tromsø, pretty cold up here in the north yes indeed. I really like building PC's but when it comes to the Choose your own part stuff I'm totally blank. If there are more stuff you wanna know about me, feel free to ask :)

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild:
I want to join "No Skill Just Luck" because I'm looking for a guild that likes progress just like I do myself. And what I usually expect from a guild is that they are friendly, helpfull when it comes to the game and can help with rotations or maybe just some tips on what I can do to get even better than I am today, I love getting constructive criticism about how I can do my role better.

UI and keybinds:
I'm not gonna type in all my keybinds, because mehh, ill just do it.
q, e, r, t, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, f, g, |, Mwheelup, Mwheeldown, Mouse 5, mouse 4, Shift+q, Shift+e, Shift+r, Shift+t, Shift+1, Shift+2, Shift+3, Shift+4, Shift+f, Shift+g, z, x, ctrl+1, ctrl+2, ctrl+3, ctrl+4, f1, f2, v, shift+v
I use Xperl as UI because I like it, and I've used it since WotLK if i remember right. I can customise it in so many different ways I want, thats why I use it.

Anything else:
Hmm, I'm learning most things kinda quickly, atleast things I'm supposed to do alot troughout a month, well ye I'm learning quick most things.
Other than that there arn't much I can think of right now. But if there are anymore you wanna know about me, feel free to ask :)

Post subject: Re: ChaosYoshi - Destrucion Warlock
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:47 pm  

Hello fellow warlock!

I just need to pick up on a few things you said.

You said that when you are 3 1/2 embers you pop dark soul and spam chaos bolt. I would highly recommend NOT doing this. If you are taking sacrifice then you will notice your chaos bolt will have a DoT on it as well. You want to time your chaos bolts correctly so you will not lose damage on your Chaos Bolt. Also, I prefer to keep my embers around 3 1/2 because the way you said you use your chaos bolt can lead you to being ember starved for when a trinket actually procs there for you will have no damage for that. I prefer to use dark soul with my procs as well for faster ember generation for more chaos bolts due to the increased ember generation from the crits from your fel flame, incinerate, immolate and conflagrate.

I also like to take mortal coil on bosses that has no need for stunning in the fight.

Kil'jaeden's Cunning is also only used for some bosses. I only use it when there is a lot of movement needed like siegecrafter, Garrosh etc...
Otherwise I would recommend taking Archimonde's Darkness.

I also only go Mastery > Haste > Crit because I like to swap to affliction every so often and with the gear I have I go for the haste softcap for my immolate's. Mastery > Crit > Haste is also viable for lower gear.

Your gemming and Enchanting seems fine.

-Sanky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:26 pm  

ohh I've never thought about that, but I will try to change that atleast and get my rotation better. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

I've actually never been thinking about changing to that talent on some bossfights. But think I gotta start doing that :)

Ohh ye when you say it, I see why you use Archimonde's Darkness, think I gotta learn to use something else than Kil'jaeden's Cunning, since I'm so used to keep walking while casting.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:41 am  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:44 am  

Site Admin

Hey, I'm going to ignore warlock part of your app since Sanky already handled that (and because I've got no clue about warlocks):

1) I'm seriously worried about your talent choices section - you don't seem to understand that these change based on encounter/job you have on it. Also, for the love of god, never pick talent because your RL told you to do it without understanding WHY you should have it. You should know more about your class than your RL, unless he mains it (and even then strive to become better than he is).

2) You say that you've used to main character called DarkYoshi where you have achievements from heroic DS, but I can't seem to find this druid alt. Can you please link its armory?

3) Having flex time schedule can also be a problem - if accepted, can you commit to finishing your work before raid starts? (19:00/20:00 - 23:00 server time)

4) Since you raid normals, can you provide some log of your performance (bigger sample pool if possible, meaning more bosse)? If not, please make sure you record log next time you raid.

5) Random question: Do you play MOBAs? Pretty rare to see players use QERT as their main keybindings. :D

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:12 pm  

Site Admin

Hey, thanks for applying!

You seem to be missing the two engineering tinkers for gloves and cloak. Remember that Synapse Springs are actually another DPS cooldown, albeit a minor one.

Like Sanky explained, the way you've been using your embers is just not good. Destro is all about using Chaos Bolts or Shadowburns when big +spell power procs are up. You CANNOT play a warlock properly without having a solid and reliable way of tracking buffs (trinket procs, specific encounter buffs etc.), such as WeakAuras. I don't see anything like that on your screenshot nor any mention of proper proc usage in the rest of your application.

Most of the time you want to sit on ~3.5 embers and only fire one Chaos Bolt or Shadowburn to avoid capping. Then, when you get a big enough proc/other buff (things like Jade Spirit or Synapse Springs naturally aren't big enough), you want to unload as many Chaos Bolts/Shadowburns as you can while said buff is still up. Doing this with just the Dark Soul buff up is not optimal, you should always try to line it up with something else (unless you need to use it just for ember generation rather than spending). The Immerseus trinket is pretty much perfect for this as its internal cooldown lines up well with Dark Soul. Also like Sanky said, you want to try to avoid wasting parts of the Chaos Bolt DoT when using GoSac.

I am also a bit curious about the placement of Summon Infernal and Flames of Xoroth on your bars/keybindings – I would assume that 1 and 3 are the kind of keybinds you want to have more frequently used abilities on, but both of these are spells that you almost never want to use – Infernal is only worth using over Doomguard if it can hit like 7+ targets for the whole time it's alive, which pretty much never happens; Flames of Xoroth might have a few very specific uses (such as when you need to interrupt twice in quick succession), but most of the time you don't have to employ any of those and so it's almost completely useless when using GoSac.

I would also like you to talk about how you use Havoc and what you think are the best ways of using it, because it's a very important part of the Destruction arsenal.

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:10 pm  

Cynique
1)
I will just state that the reason I picked it because my RL said it was an optimal talent is because I was kinda new to warlock at that time when they asked me to go Warlock, and yes he is maining Warlock so thats why I listened to him. He've also been helping me out with quite alot since I started and I've gotten a better understanding of Destro since I started gearing it.

2)

Keep in mind that the ones atleast the DS, HoF, MSV and ToeS is not done in since those came out. And I know I've done 2 bosses in ToeS and 5 Bosses in HoF but may not be on this character. But I can try find it on my alts.
Sorry about this, but This were once my main, but it looks like my random paladin have caught the name :P

3)
I'm very sorry, but I can't quit work early in any kind of way, because where I am at the moment, I'm comitted to stay untill atleast 21:00. But there is a posibility to not have work on some raid days. But like I can't say "no" to my boss all the time when he asks me to work.

4)
Well yes, I can surely provide logs next time I raid, but I've never done it before, so I guess Ill use World of Logs then.

5)
Haha, well yes I do play MOBA games, but these KeyBindings are from a friend of mine that he gave me when I started playing World of Warcraft, and that were before I started playing any MOBA games, so I'm kinda used to them.

Dagthul
Yes indeed I'm missing those tinkers, and I see that myself now when you are pointing them out. I haven't noticed that I had even gotten them since I tried to level my engineering as quickly as possible. But I will get them sorted out ASAP.

No you are right I dont have any addons that tracks my procs and stuff. But it would be no problem getting weakauras, Im really glad you point things like this out so I can be an even better WoW player.

Since you pointed out those 2 abilities, I'm very used to how I've placed my abilities, but yes I'm rarely using them. So changing their position with abilities that I use more frequently won't be an problem.

Well I'm using Havoc on CD when there are 2+ mobs, like Shamans in SoO, I use it all the time to max out my dps, even to build Embers, unless I'm close to capping my Embers and Havoc is off CD I use it to fire Chaos bolt. But yes, I'm trying to use my Havoc as much as possible troughout a fight.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:14 pm  

Site Admin

Yeah, in multitarget situations you should indeed use Havoc pretty much on cooldown. The best thing you can spend the charges on are multiple Shadowburns (e.g. Nazgrim adds, put Havoc on boss, Shadowburn snipe the adds), using them on a Chaos Bolt is generally your second best (and perharps most frequently used) option, followed by using them for ember generation (think Paragons – no point in Chaos Bolt cleaving because they heal to full when one of them is killed anyway, so that's just meter padding, but the ember generation increase is still useful – or the indestructible Empowered Desecrated Weapons on Garrosh etc.).

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:19 pm  

I try to use my Shadowburn as much as possible when I use my havoc, but I'm doing my best and I'm trying to get even better at what im doing :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:51 pm  

Just to add to the questions you've been asked about gear, I notice you have the ilvl 600 cape, so you should be able to get the legendary cape now. But this means you are already past the part where you get your legendary meta gem. Why do you choose to use a regular meta instead of the legendary one? There is no situation where the Burning primal is strictly better than the Sinister for destro, and certainly not for the other two specs.

Also, not tracking procs, especially as a warlock, is completely criminal. You really need to use something to do that. ExtraCD is a fairy simple addon that does the job straight out of the box, and you should learn to maximise dps using your procs.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next