[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [accepted] Ztains- Arcane Mage

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:00 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: [accepted] Ztains- Arcane Mage
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:22 pm  

Character name: Ztains

Character class: Mage

Professions: Engineering(600) and mining(600)

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode):I´m maining Arcane right now but play Frost to. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... s/advanced
Using these talents because thats what i´ve gotten comfterble with and used to use.
Respeccing: Im fine playing Frost to as I maind it before, but Fire is a new thing that I might try out.

Class Info: Well Arcane mages are not to hard to play, only one rotation you need to do that is: put down a Rune of Power with Ice Flowes so you can run at the same time where you stand atm, then start casting Arcane Blast up to 4 stacks Of Arcane Charge and by that time hope that you have 2 stacks of Arcane Missiles that you use then throw away a Arcane Barrage so you will consume you Arcane Charges and do more damage and always apply you bomb, in my case Nether Tempest, then its just repet that all over again. I like Arcane because it´s a pretty simple class to play but still a bit mechanicly to play.
You should always keep a bomb up on the target, even if you only have 1 stack of Arcane missiles when you have 4 stacks of Arcane charge you should use it other wise you Arcane Blast costs to much mana. There is Time Warp for the whole raid that is very usefull ofcurse, but for me there is Arcane Power and Mirror Image and then my engi cd on the gloves that increses my int for 10 secs.
Stat priorities for Arcane is Mastery>Haste>Crit.

Raid experience: I´ve started raiding in Soo so no old experince, but Soo have been a very good and fun ecperince for me. All raiding I have done before Soo has been LFR.

Guild history: WEll I¨ve only been in one guild with this charecter and that´s "Massacre" I joined for the social part at first but then got an offer to join the raid team, but now WoD there will probably be no raidteam and that´s why i will probably leave. I wanna raid :D .

Your recent performances: Dont have any logs to show... only that I have 9/14 exp

When can you play: I can play at most times but then there can be a rough week in school when I need to study alot, but that is nothing i know right now.

Where are you from: Up from the north, Sweden.

Age: I´m 17 years old right now but when WoD comes out I´ll be 18 and worries of ant parents, they havent raged before so should they do it now^^.

Communication: I got a microphone and TS3 is fine for me.

About you: My name is Erik, i´m studying my last year in school( might study more after, havent decided yet). i´m usally on my computer at most times playing with friends.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I want to join for the raid but also for social enviorment because the im in right now is pretty dead.

UI and keybinds: Not using any UI, treid some but didnt like them and my keybinds are not many but they are enough for me.

Anything else: Anything els you wanna know just ask^^. I´m usually a pretty fast learner to.

Post subject: Re: Ztains- Arcane Mage
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:02 pm  

Hello there, thank you for your application.

Just a few things I would like to touch on, it mentions that you have no prior raid experience until SOO. I see you have done up to Malkorok is there any reason you did no progress further for example guild folding, not being able to clear etc etc. And how did you come to jump from zero raiding experience into heroic progression, are there any other games you play with good progress in competitive play?

Personally I only know about frost/fire mages so I'l poke someone with more knowledge of the arcane arts to have a look at your armory etc.

I'l be honest the application is a bit short and vague for our expectations given limited experience, the times you can play need to be more specific also due to the release of WoD as we need a stable rooster.

A screen shot of your UI and key bindings would also be insightful :)

I'm not going to go ham at the grammar you have used in this application but there is a spelling check tool available :P

I'l poke some officers to leave further judgement :P

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:30 pm  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:43 pm  

Smokeyegg - How i jumped from no raiding to normal/HC raiding in Soo i actully dont know, I did alot of LFR on other char before on diffrent servers and got in to it and started to know the fights maybe. We didnt come further then malkrok because we tried on spoils a bit then the week after people started to not comming and some left, after that the team got shutdown.
I can play any day after 18.00-18.30.
As I said I use the standard WoW UI.

Kakoon - I use Alter Time when i got 4 Arcane Charge stacks and 2 Arcane Missiles, use everything then use Alter Time again and use it one more time with all trinket procks and pots for maximum dmg, might be some other way, but this worked fine for me.
I only use Nether tempest on all bosses, heard that it´s to do so from somebody but then someone says to use something else, but only Nether Tempest has worked for me.
Omly been using Mage Armor, never switched to the Frost Armor because of the mastery you get from Mage Armor.
On multitarget bosses as Fallen Protectors i dont switch up my rotation that much execpt that I use bombs on all off them, and because we usally stack them togheter and then Arcane Barrage can hit all off them. On Spoils there will be more Arcane explosins and put Nether tempest on as many I can, but i´m still using Arcane Blast and Arcane Barrage on the monsters with more HP.

Hope this answers your questions.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:50 pm  

Site Admin

Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:22 pm  

With the bomb switching I´ve looked up that on single target you wanna use Living Bomb( up to 3 mobs), then over that you should use Nether Tempest.
With other talents it´s how you want to play. Some shields might be better on diffrent fights, so you can switch around there.
Switching Armors I dont see any use because I dont wanna lose the 3000 mastery from Mage Armor, it´s probablly a bit to big of a dps loss to switch it out.

The Alter Time rotation I use is pretty spoton with what alot of guides says.

Hope this is good enough for screenshot http://imgur.com/BEnp6ar
Not many keybinds but it works for me.

I´ve actually havent checked so much about WoD except the big changes about it, so no looking in to the class and stuff, dont wanna spoil anything want to have the full experience when it comes out. But if you want me to check stuff up, I´ll do it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:47 pm  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:59 pm  

Site Admin

To build up on what Kakoon said, I'd like to ask whether you're using any Boss Mods, such as BigWigs or DBM? Can't see the icon, but might have been turned off when you took the screenshot. I think you will want to expand your keybindings as well (Counterspell, survival CDs like Healthstone and Ice Block - unless you are using "-" keybind), but that shouldn't be a big issue.

About WoD changes, you don't need to look anything up, class changes will go live in month anyway, I was just interested how do you feel about evolution of your class.

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:40 am  

I´m using DBM as boss encounter addon, this thing with more keybinds I can probably fix but that will maybe take time to get used to.

About the armor switching I had no clue that it´s better to switch on singletarget to Frost Armor.
I have no thing to track my trinkets, treid alot of them but didn´t like them or just used them wrong somehow.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:13 am  

Site Admin

Yeah, getting used to new keybindings always take some time, but I suggest you start working on it asap to build up muscle memory (necessary for interrupts and defensive CDs especially, you can't hesitate with using those two).

You also need to get some way to track your procs to know when to refresh dots, when to use your CDs etc. - there is almost unlimited amount of addons that can do this for you and I'm sure at least one will suit your needs. I can personally recommend Weak Auras, there is almost unlimited leeway for customization.

Please PM me in-game once you've solved these two issues, I've sent my Battle.tag to you in PM here on the forums.

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]