[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [Accepted] Slouchi Holy Priest WoD Raider

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:22 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: [Accepted] Slouchi Holy Priest WoD Raider
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:34 pm  

Character name:

Character class: Priest

Professions: JC / BS (Considering dropping BS due WoD giving no more perks)

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): I can play all 3 specs.
Just Holy is my favorite due the style they heal. Disc I used to love aswell till Attonement was introduced not a big fan of DPSing to heal. Shadow I like aswell for PVP.
Never raided with it on a high level but if it requires it I'm willing to try.

Class Info: Holy I like because it has a quiet a big niche of abylities. So it can fill in the single target healing role of the raid healing role or both.
Like the biggest thing I love about Holy is the charkras (I know don't kill me) To bad they gonna nerf them this week. Just the 20sec reduction in cooldown would have been
enough for me (Level perk in WoD). For cooldowns you have Gaurdian spirit used to save the tank. Or just used to heal an NPC in a bossfight abit faster due to the healing increase.
Divine Hymn well not much to say just a raidwide healing cd. (Getting nerfed in WoD no idea to what extend but people on forum are crying like children about it)
Void Shift (RIP in 6.0 loved this like I loved LoH on my paladin), Hymn of Hope ( Mindbender / Shadow fiend leaching for more mana (Mana pool increase)RIP in 6.0)
Life Grip ( Good laughs and brilliant saves)

Healing prios to me are more of a guttfeeling. Just know that 2 Flash heals give a serendipity for a faster and cheaper Prayer of healing or Greater heal.
Prayer of mending on CD. Level 90 talent swap them depending on fight what is the most usefull mostly using Cascade and Divine Star.
Stat prio: Well offcourse you have Int - Spi - ...
For the ... part it really depends on what you like. Some rock the crit build some haste and some mastery.
I prefer haste to a good amount Ie best breakpoint I can reach and the mastery.
Crit is generally a stat I avoid due it being RNG. But some can heal with and have great progress so thumbs up for them :p

Raid experience: TOTGC 5/5 10m 4/5 25m, Icc 11/12 10m 11/12 25m, BD 5/6, BoT 2/5, TFW 0/2, FL 6/7, DS 6/8, TOT 3/12 This is all Heroic
Normal cleared almost everything but SoO
Progress done on my

Guild history:

OMNI: Social/ Raiding on the lowest level got the taste of is here wanted to move higher up.
Leap of Faith: Moved to Dragonblight with them. Disbanded after noone wanted to be GM because Bohica had college and couldn't put enough time in it anymore
Tivolli: Guild on dragonblight that used to 25m raid. But split in 2 groups for 10m raiding I moved back to Wildhammer.
Immanence: Disbanded due allot the the players thinking the grass was greener somewere else. I left in an arguement with Wraith. What was my mistake.
Joined again but things never got the same again and the guild just disbanded. Sad loved the atmosphere in here.
Slackers Inc: Went to 10man cause we couldn't get the numbers for 25m then some dicieded to have a break from wow and we had not enough for 10m so disbanded aswell.

Your recent performances: Have to pass here been a while since I raided on a high level.

When can you play:

Mon / Tues / Wed / Thurs / Fri / Sat / Sun
D / D / O / O / N / N / N
O / O / D / D / O / O / O
N / N / O / O / D / D / D
O / O / N / N / O / O / O

The O's I'm home
The D's are no problem that means dayshift from 6am till 6pm
The N's are the problem that mean nightshift from 6pm till 6am
So this means i'm not able to raid the red N's
This means I miss 3 out of 12 raids in 4 weeks.

Where are you from: From the country with beer, chocolate, sky high taxes and drunk Belgians: Belgium

Age: 24 parents still rage but don't send me to bed anymore :p

Communication: Yes, fine with speaking on TS or vent.

About you:
Hate this question :p
My real name is Sam I work as a process operator in a chemical compagnie in shifts. I like guess what playing games on computer and PS4
Also like going out with friends to a local bar or dancing. Also try to go to the gym everyweek atleast twice.
Nothing more to be said really if you really wanna know more just ask really.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild:
Whats in it for me??? Loots much loots hahaha no only joking,
Really wanna raid back with people I raided with /wink shinyelf & Kaelthor. In a good atmosphere.
And Shiny told me all but good things about you so here I am.

UI and keybinds:
http://imgur.com/D6HL6cI
Keybinds still change every now and then.
Not button wise but what spell stands for what button more like.
Healing spells are all mouseover spells used to use Healbot but at one point in FL it lagged alot stepped away from it and never looked back.

Anything else:
I know for you officers this app is a though on to judge upon.
My raiding experiance is from the stone age. I have been thinking about starting again for a while but didn't want to get carrried through the whole instance. So now with WoD are the front door I willing to give it my all again.
Hope Shiny and Kael will help me out here abit since I think they know me best out of everyone here.
I have been healing officer in a few guilds: Leap of Faith, Immanence, Slackers Inc so I know how to prepare for bossfights.
Anyway thats it I think if you think I forgot something please do and ask.

Thank you for reading and maybe considering me,

Much regards,
Slouchi

Post subject: Re: Slouchi Holy Priest WoD Raider
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:04 am  

Quick question: Choji / Haiden ? Nvm, checked ToT HC progress. Hello there)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:13 am  

Site Admin

Hey there Haiden/Slouchi/Sam ^^

You haven't mentioned talent switching - do you always use your current talent setup? If not, why and how do you switch it around?

While holy should again be viable in WoD (at least first tier), there are most likely going to be fights when you want to switch to discipline (there are in fact). I'd ask about some specifics of current discipline, but most of that is going away in two days anyway, so I'd like to know if you've read up on 6.0 style of disc and if you enjoy it more than current Attonement2Win style? How would you describe difference in strengths and weakness of WoD holy and discipline?
You've mentioned quite a few things that are about to be taken from us in 6.0 (Image Void Shift especially), but what are some things you are looking forward to as a priest in WoD? Also, how do you feel about changes to T90 talents?

Like you've said yourself, it's hard to judge your performance or even gear choices, and as a healer, it's rather hard to talk about proper "rotation" or "priority system". You are right in that there are many schools of thought on how to gear as holy priest, however there are some basics regarding haste and mastery in terms of 10man vs 25man. You also seem to have good reputation coming from esteemed guild members, so I'm not as worried about your performance logs as I'd usually be.

I see you are using ElvUI which tracks procs and things like Serendipity by default, correct?

Your raiding schedule might prove problematic in terms of getting steady gear upgrades, and also makes it rather hard to work on difficult boss with you in the group over a longer period of time. This is honestly the biggest problem I see with accepting you and we will have to think about it a bit more. Is there any chance your work schedule might change in the future or is it a no go?

Also, I'm slightly disgusted by the fact that you play Alliance, but at least it's female human with amazing casting animations (and OP PvP racial), so I'll cut you some slack. :D

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:15 am  

Officer

Wait, was that paladin Haiden in the past? A blood elf female then tauren male? Because back then, I knew you.

Me: "The lack of Thrall in the ending of HFC is jarring, wtf?"
Cyn: "As if the call for Alliance tears over the redemption of Grom wasn't enough, you want Thrall in it? Wow dude."
Me: *can't stop laughing*

"We will never be slaves! ... But we will be... Conquerors..."
- Grommash Hellscream, Tanaan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:10 pm  

Hello all and thanks for the replies everyone :p

Hey Cynique,

Level 15 talents, (level 60 in 6.0)
This row I don't swap use very much. Except if you can use it to cc some adds or something. I take the talent whatever needs to be taken.
But just raw healing not of much use.

Level 30 talents,
Feathers mostly unless some people make a sport of it stealing them away. I go Body and Soul.

Level 45 talents,

Mana row for flex (13ish ppl) I mostly use FDCL cause it procs of your renews.
Then if the raid group gets bigger I tend to go for mindbender. Since renew blanketing isn't that usefull anymore. Tend to use Mindbender aswell if I feel that AOE dmg is to constant
and really need to keep spamming ( Level 90 talent, CoH , PoM, PoH, keeping holy word sanc under the melee / group if we stacked up)
Solace and Instanity : Used it much before the merge with holy fire now I almost never use it.

Level 60 talent:
Mostly use Angelic bullwark and Desperate prayer (Spectral guise is something left from when I did some arena with my mate sorry)
Angelic Bullwark is the easy choice here. But some fights require Desperate prayer due the fact you get mced the raid needs to dps you down and angelic bullwark proc.
Trust me the raidleader wasn't happy here.

Level 75 talent:
ToF i personally used it on fight where I could have a high uptime on it (shadow word: paining low hp adds) But in SoO HC I believe people also use it cause the dmg on some fights is that high people
dip low enough for it to proc. But like is said not raided this tier so.

Power infusion personally for holy I like Divine Insight more. But if you really need the burst you can take it. But then again I think other classes will be way beter suited for really burst healing.

Divine Insight I just love this having pom for jump through the raid. Only downside it had that it removed your current pom you had already up.

Level 90 talent:

Halo personnal when I raided heroic in this I rarely used it cause of the high mana cost. couldn't back it up with my regen. But now in a raidgroup with a guild it can has it used for high burst. If you can run out when the group is stacked. But well never happens in flex most of the time people are all over the place :/

Cascade when people are spread especially when I run renew build in flex this refreshes all my renew. But can be a pain to time since it got a travel time before it hit everyone and with the other healers bursting this can go into allot of overhealing.

Divine star when the raid is stacked in melee. Love this no dr heals for insance amount.

TLDR: I swap talents all the time between bosses / wipes. Try out other talents that might increase my performance. Always try and do tell the healing officer/ raid leader that I'm specced into another talent upfront tho :P

As for reading up on disc I try to follow things but some people just contradict eachother. But I will stay up to date when the first post of the patch being live will be coming up.
I hope you didn't take me not liking Attonement = in me refusing to play disc. Whenever a fight requires it. I will play disc no questions ask. Will also prepare myself for raidfight like I read up on them
for holy. Shadow included here.

As for wod. Strenght for holy is the constant throughput. Weakness if people make a mistake and you need to powerhouse them up you see your mana be eaten away.
Disc kinda hard here cause well at the start they were bad now they have been buffed again. But never got to try disc myself.
Since the account for beta I used was my brothers. So I'm gonna need to follow up on that and see how it pans out when WoD hits live.
Hope it won't be like MoP were out healing was meh before the big PoH buffs :p

I'm looking forward to new view / style of healing in general. And the Reduced CD on chakras but then they nerfed them abit asswel :/.

90 talents they have been toned down in mana and output. So either side its a good thing less penalty if you used it wrong. But on the other hand its allot of burst healing going away.
Biggest change is the DR on tho. But guess we have to live with that. (Personally haven't raided on beta but seem like a big cut in throughput.)
Uses gonna be more like thesame. Only cascade no longer refresching renew make me wanna edge more to halo if the healing from it is decent.

Yeah if you go renew build. You don't want mastery cause well renew doesn't proc it. 10man
25man some priest go full mastery but I found this slow compered to other healers so I generally took some extra haste here.

Yup it does track that by default.
I used to have a nice set of weakauras but lost them. For wod I'm gonna set up a new one. What tracks all kind of cds and proccs with sounds ( I hate to have my screen full of icons that are blinking.

Well my working shedule is what it is and its not gonna change soon. But I do have 50ish day to pick for holiday. So I'll try to take them mostly on the wed/thur nights what makes me miss alot less raids then normally. But offcourse I have to set up my holidays with 2 other people and they have to agree to it. this is from January and on tho.

Best regards,

SLouchi

PS: if i missed something don't hesitate to ask :p

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:44 pm  

Site Admin

You are correct in the fact that reinstating DR for T90 is big, probably biggest nerf we're about to get. You won't value Halo as much as you do now, unless whole raid is really stacked on top of each other, and Divine Star is pretty much useful only for on-move healing.
Values of our manaregen talents are about to change as well, with Solace clearly becoming the best option. However, FDCL might be viable for encounters with lower mana intensity.

Overall, I enjoyed most of your answers since you seem to have basic understanding of what's up in 6.0, which is probably the most crucial thing for priest healers right now.

I'd like to talk to you in-game, so please add me with Battle.tag which I PM'ed you here on forums.

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]