[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [Declined] Incfatcow - feral/guardian druid

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:54 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [Declined] Incfatcow - feral/guardian druid
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:06 pm  

Incfatcow

Feral druid

Proffsions: Mining and Skinning

I play feral and guardian ( got gear for both specs) I play those specs, due to the gear. If I get feral gear, then it works for tanking too. so with this spec I can assist with my offspec.
but if you need a healer, then I can spec that too.
Item lvl: 559
Armory link below:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... cow/simple

Talking about druid, then I do know almost everything about this class, how to make useful macros, how to combine cc´s and cooldowns.
Root is smart for cc, when you have to pull a lot of mobs. so is Typhoon and mass entanglement.

I like druids because I can play as healer, tank and dps, I don´t need to roll a new class.
I´ve played druids since end of wotlk, I PvP a lot on it 2400 rating + in 3s. why?? well Druid is one of the most fun classes, I take some skills to change from, but if you can master the class, then its really powerful.

Last time I raided was in Wotlk ( 2010 ) we got 11/12 hc, and 12/12 after nerf. I was raiding a lot back then ( had no life )
when Cata hitted, I lvled to 85 within 10 hrs, and raided after a few days. Sadly I could only raid for few months.. then I had to quit wow
(finish my exams)
Played as a druid and a rogue back then. (alliance, danish guild)

I decided to join the guild, because my mate told me that he could get me a spot, if I could offer my spare time to their raid progressing.
I like to see new encounters and achieve something with my guild. And back then I was looking for a serious guild. So this was the chance for me to try to hardcore raid.

I´m working from 8 am til 4pm, so I´ll be able to raid every day at 6 pm :)

I´m from Denmark, and my age is 22. I´m a normal guy, or that´s what I think, but if you ask my "friends" then they won´t agree with me.

I do have a microphone/headset and I don´t mind speaking English with you guys.

Personal info
: MY name is Kent, I like to play computer games, workout, going to parties, and most of all to be together with my family.
I Work as a firefighter in my spare time, so I know when to be seriously and not to make mistakes.

I would like to join your guild, because I like the way you guys raid, I want to see new content and I want to be in a guild when I see this. I don´t like pugs, because I expect people to do their job right when they raid, and if mistakes is made, then you just try again. I´m a guy with patient, and I love to see when things is done to perfection. I don´t like people that leave if you wipe on a boss or trash mobs, and most trash groups do that. I want to dedicate a lot of time into raiding and progressing, and I hope that your guild can offer the same to me.

as I mentioned earlier, then I do pvp a lot, and therefor you guys know that I´m not clicking my spells, or then It would be kinda difficult to get to a high rating. I use a lot of macros / keybindings to target things. as well for raiding, so I can focus cc targets and auto heal tanks when I get instant procs.
All my spells is keybinded, so is tank 1 and 2, and all the healers in the raid. ( smart ress macros)

Anything else: Yeah, sometimes I can´t raid in the weekends, when I´m going to visit my girlfriend ;)

Post subject: Re: Incfatcow - feral/guardian druid
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:18 pm  

Rotation etc:

I go for agility/mastery, because I get benefits from those stats both as tank and as dps.

I´ll keep my cds till I get a proc or when my raid groupe uses some cooldowns that effect my dps.

I save my defensivs for aoe dmg to whole raid ( easier for the healers to get the raid up again)

Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_101714_001025.jpg
WoWScrnShot_101714_001025.jpg [ 439.35 KiB | Viewed 16986 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:23 pm  

Hello, Incfatcow.

First, thanks for applying! I wish you luck with it!

Second, there is an of some sort that is there for a reason. If you don't follow it in the first place, it doesn't leave a good first impression. I mean that half of the stuff from it is missing (i.e Class info - you have the class info written inside, but either in wrong order or with no title which would make me see it is the class info).

Third, your so-called "Rotation etc." says nothing about your rotation whatsoever. Please, fill up the information necessary -> Your spells, why and when do you use them, examples of situations

Looking forward to your answer,
Mavian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:50 pm  

Hello, Kent and thanks for applying.

Let me ask you some quick questions:

1) agi+mastery is not the best choice for guardians and ferals. With prepatch it seems kitties are in need of pure crit mostly and guardians mastery/haste. This might change in 2-3 weeks though.
2) your armory shows you as bear. But you seem to be missing some glyphs. For Guardians, Glyph of Maul is almost a mandatory choice (apart maybe for only some bosses, where there's only ONE target). As Feral you don't have any glyph selected for some reason. Some pvp pieces, some suboptimal enchants. But this can be easily fixed after all.
3) in your "rotation etc" lines i couldn't really find your rotation/priority in combat. Can you go more into it please -- describe your general rotation and how do you open on the boss when the fight starts.
4) Where are Frenzied Regeneration, Mangle, Lacerate, Thrash, Maul on your bars? Are they just hidden? (yes, i've read that you wrote you're using many keybinds/macro)
5) "I decided to join the guild, because my mate told me that he could get me a spot, if I could offer my spare time to their raid progressing." -- Tell us the name of your friend.
6) what websites do you use to know new stuff about druids, checking optimal stats/rotation etc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:46 pm  

Hello again!

this reply is to answer some of your questions:

I was in guardian spec, because I had to farm gear fast, I was fully pvp geared 5 days ago, so I had to roll tank to grind gear fast, Now I´m finally in almost full pve gear for feral.
Gems/enchants have been fixed, same for glyphs.

I used those gems, because I wanted stats for both feral/guardian.

My rotation is like this: I start in prowl -> Rake = savage roar to be casted on me. I shred to 5 combo points, casting Rip, shredding and 1x rake, ferocious bite, shred and rake, tiger fury and Rip. Now I use berserk.

4) I was not in any stance so that´s why :)

5) This was the guild I talked about in 2010, the guy who told me about your guild was a Dk, I saw him in /2 chat. and he told me that you needed a dps / feral druid.
But lately I´ve been speaking to cynique.

6) I go to wow armory and inspect Sejta, and sometime I just go with whatever gem I like, to test if it have any effect on my rotation/dmg.
I use recount and do some dmg testes with different talents, Gems, glyphs etc..

Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_101914_143502.jpg
WoWScrnShot_101914_143502.jpg [ 1.48 MiB | Viewed 16914 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:59 pm  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:07 pm  

Ok now I´ll to do my best to answer it all.

1. Talents

I chose some talents to assist the raid, like mass root, for when adds is spawned.

a) Lets say I´m on some non boss mobs, but need to get back on the boss quickly, then I like to wild charge.
- The other reason is, when there is aoe on the ground or things I need to get away from, then I can wild charge a friendly target.

b) I chose Soul of the forest, because with the new gear I got, then I get a lot of finish moves, which will give me 20 energy, this is a passiv, but with Incarnation I can make massiv burst every 3 min. With 4 set bonus I get 3 extra combo points, which will make me able to have savage roar up all time. I´ve figured out that I do more dmg with that talent compared to the other two.
Force of Nature, I used that for 2- or 3s. Not that good in pve, but good in PvP to leave bleeds.

c) I need to find out what´s the best, Atm I´m not raiding with a guild, so that talent isn´t that necessary. But ill go with Dream of Cenarius when I start to raid. Since I get a lot of insant healing castes when I use 5 combo points. Then I can macro my instant heal to one of the 2 tanks, and assist heal.

--------

Something is broken on armory :)

-------

3. Statistic Priority
Since I only see which gems and enchants you are using, it may give an obvious answer for main stats of Feral Druid. However, I do not see the other stats. Please, tell us what is Feral Druid's stat priority. Also, state the priority for both Single-Target and Cleave fights

Well It´s important to get agility, But I like to get Crit and Mastery, gives more bleed dmg and when those bleeds crit, then they crit for a lot. If I crit with Shred, then I get an extra combo point too.

4. Rotation
I didn´t knew if I opened with Shred, that I would get (savage roar, 5 combo points ) too, so that just improved my gameplay, thank you :)

- I use Ferocious Bite, because I have enough energy to get another 5 combo points to get a new Rip off, before it ends.

Cleave rotation: Trash, swipe swipe.... I just need to keep the Trash bleed on all targets when I Aoe. I use my combo points from swipe to get savage roar up.

5. Webdev's point no. 6

6) what websites do you use to know new stuff about druids, checking optimal stats/rotation etc.

I use this homepage too:
http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/druid/feral/stat-priority

-----

nah as feral I don´t use Intellect and PvP power gems when I raid pve, PvP power doesnt effect bosses, and Int isn´t for feral, so isn´t stam gems and dodge.. I do know that, but I switch between mastery, agili, haste and crit gems.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:59 pm  

Site Admin

Hey Incfatcow,

first of all I'd like to thank Mavian and Webdev for handling your application so far.

Now to follow-up questions regarding your app:
1) Armory is indeed broken after 6.0 patch, but I'd still like to know which glyphs are you using for both of your specs and why.

2) Our situation in terms of ferals and guardians is rather complicated right now, since we have two guys with same specialization. Do you play any alts, if so, which classes/specs and what is your experience on them?

3) You are PvPer, and while that gives you advantage of situational awareness that many of us probably lack, you don't seem to value minmaxing, which is arguably as important. What I mean by that is, you claim to get your gems, enchants etc. from Sejta. Arguably, this guy knows what's up with druids, but that shouldn't matter to you. You do want to check armories of other druids to find inspiration, but you ALWAYS need to understand why they do what they do. He might be gemmed for specific fight, some players even deliberately troll armory watchers by equipping random gear (I know some priests I look up do). And this isn't just about gems, it's about talent and glyph choice as well.

4) This issue with you continues in your last response to Mavian - regarding you using SotF, you say: "I´ve figured out that I do more dmg with that talent compared to the other two." Is this done through your own theorycrafting, sitting on dummy accounting for all possible variables..?
You say you use Dream of Cenarius so "...then I can macro my instant heal to one of the 2 tanks, and assist heal." While it's always nice to help with off-healing, are you saying that your Healing Touch is macro'd to just one target and you heal that target even if it's full HP? I assume empty space in your UI to the right of minimap is used to raid frames.

5) About feral stat priority, you claim: "Well It´s important to get agility, But I like to get Crit and Mastery, gives more bleed dmg and when those bleeds crit, then they crit for a lot".
First of all, this doesn't really say much about stat values between agility, crit, and mastery, which is what this whole question was about. Assuming you list crit as first in stat priority (which would make sense because almost all your gems are pure crit), why have mastery gems in your weapon? Do these two have some kind of breakpoint? Do you want to balance them out? Is this stat priority constant between single target and AoE fights?

6) Lastly, probably to disperse similar concerns regarding minmaxing your dps in terms of stat choice and rotation, you say you use Noxxic. I understand this might not be known to everybody, but this webpage is awful and I suggest you to stay away from this site. Find one specific to druid community where other players can post their own theorycrafting and criticize main content of the webpage, or guide on some of more active forums where active raiding druids also post their findings.

I appreciate the effort you put into gearing yourself in HCs right now, but I'm slightly worried about your approach to maximizing your performance. In one of your answers, you've said "Talking about druid, then I do know almost everything about this class" - to me, it seems like you are miles away from that, since you didn't even know how to correctly open as feral. You also play specs which we don't really have big use for at the moment.

Please answer my previous questions so we can talk further.

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:37 pm  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:38 pm  

a: well with this macro
#showtooltip
/Target Party1
/stopmacro [noexists]
/stopmacro [noexists, harm]
/cancelform
/cast Wild Charge
/Targetlasttarget

If a friendly target is 25 yards away from me, then I´ll be away from any treat within a second.

b: well I chose this talent, because I´ll be doing more dmg over time, compared to KOTJ.
----

Glyphs: savage roar, cat form and Rebirth.
- I use the savage roar glyph, because it will let me get a free 5 combo points savage raor when I open, so I dont need to spent my first combo points on savage roar but on Rip.
Cat from glyphs gives more healing done to me = easier for healers to bring me to 100 % health. And my self heals will hill for 20 % more too.

3. well my weapon got those gems, because I used it for tanking.
and with mastery gems I get benefit as tank and dps.

4. I ment if I used rake, then I would get a free savage roar from my glyph.

The swipe rotation was for dungeons, when the targets have low health, since I cant apply rake to all of them before they are dead.

5. Fair enough, I won´t use Noxxic anymore.
- I just got back into PvE, so I just had to get some advice, I do know a lot about my class, but keep in mind, I´m a PvP´er and that I´m going back to PvE, and quiting PvP for now, since I´ve achieved all I wanted. Mu skills do lack if you compared PvP with PvE. I learn new things everyday about this game, and that´s a thing that I do like.. I like getting advice from people like you guys, and it has already been improving my PvE.
But yeah if some of you guys should get into PvP with a break for 4 years, then you would lack some skills and knowledge too.

- I appreciate your answers, and fully understand if you don´t want me in your guild. But thanks anyway for all the help so far.

-Fatcow

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next