[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [withdrawn] X-Realm X-Faction Application

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:29 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: [withdrawn] X-Realm X-Faction Application
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:59 pm  

Character name: Krafti

Character class: Druid

Professions: Inscription/Engineering ( Recently dropped BS when they removed perks and picked up Inscription in order to craft the DMF trinket. I believe it will be BiS until some later Mythic trinkets drop)

Talent specs, http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... i/advanced
Respeccing: I have 580+ ilvl in Balance too, or there abouts. I'm not the best balance player in the world tbh but I would be willing to switch to balance for encounters that favored range over melee. But given a choice I would pref to play the spec I play best. Ie Feral

Class Info: Its a Hybrid class and despite feral never really being a true hybrid role in a raid other than Tranqs before it was removed, with the intoduction of patch 6.02 we've become more hybrid than ever with offspec heals etc. This even more so at lvl 100 with Rejuv perk and DoC Talent. I cant really explain why I enjoy playing a druid, I guess its because it fills every role in the game. I've played lots of different toons at end game level and only ever stuck with the druid.

Ability priorities inc Keeping bleeds up 100% and savage roar (yes I wont be taking the glyph) Filling with as many FBs as possible and dropping rejuvs on as many as you can during your downtime which for all melee is relatively high in WoD (raided on beta for a couple months)
Stat priorities are a little up in the air atm - I will let the theory crafters @ Fluid druid work that out and just adjust my gear/farm gear to suit. I did have an HC RoRO
which meant I balanced all my secondarys but with the removal of snap shotting I've dropped it. I'm Gemmed the best I can be atm imo.. secondarys benefit from double
but I've dropped in some Agil + ones too.

Raid experience: Which bosses did you kill while they were current content? Any memorable moments, favourite bosses, etc.?
My best and most memorable kill was C'thun without a doubt. We had wiped and wiped constantly due to the bug which Blizzard never offically told us about. I've killed all boss's whilst they were current on one toon or another with the exception of LK HC. My 1st Child was born around this time so I stopped playing for around 5-6months to help my wife.

Guild history: Vanilla - Hellscream - Eternal Dawn, Banished, Purged All the same guild. It closed when the 2 leaders joined Nihilium for TBC
TBC - Aerie Peak - Eat More Cake Members from the vanilla guild, It didn't last long, it wasn't the same without 5-6 core players who joined Nihilium / Inner Sanctum
Wrath - Shadowsong - Original
Cata - Shadowsong - Original - I had a fallout with a new member (trial) over constant deaths on very basic mechanics. In hindsight I was an ass. I've learnt
from this and it wont happen again
MoP Draenor /Shadowsong - Ad Elysium / Closure Both guilds struggled with members for raids, I left both trying to find a guild that was raiding/is raiding and plans to raid at the highest level in WoD.. This leads me to my current position as guildless.

Your recent performances: Show us logs of your recent raid endeavours.
http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DRHvknrhbCLdBG4f
http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vg4YXzC9VRPpTLhf

I dont have many logs atm, purely because I've been guildless for 4-5weeks now? whilst searching for a new / right guild for me.

When can you play: Mythic team will be raiding 3 days a week: Wednesday (starting 18:45 server time), Thursday and Sunday (both starting 19:45), ending 23:00. Monday could also rarely be used for rescheduling; tell us something about when we can expect you to be online so we can see if the schedules are compatible.

As a rule I can make 100% of raids unless something changes with work. I travel up and down the UK for work on any given day and whilst I'm usually home for 3-4pm I can be later on the odd occasion - As a rule , 1time a month / or less

Where are you from: Represent your country!
Nottingham UK

Age: How old are you? We've had problems with parent enrages and don't really want any more!
30yrs old.

Communication: Do you own a microphone? Are you okay with speaking using voice-comms (TS3)?
I own a Mic and I'm happy to use it.

About you: Tell us something about yourself. We want to get to know the person behind the in-game character; after all, this is a team game and it's nice to know the other members of the team and find people with similar interests!
I'm a carp fisherman in terms of hobby... for work, I'm a fridge fitter, Basically building big Coldrooms for all the big supermarkets.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: AKA What's in it for you?
Hopefully somewhere to call home and raid end game content whilst I'm at it.

UI and keybinds: If you're applying for a raiding spot, list your keybinds here and post a screenshot of your combat UI. You can use the img tags or upload it as an attachment.
Something I cant do atm, Will update after a PuG raid later to Mythic SoO a combat shot. I've never took a screen grab whilst raiding :p choosing to stay alive and dps
over photos

Anything else: If there's any other information you'd like to share with us, please do so here.
Nothing, I hope I've covered everything and It doesn't make too bad a read.

Post subject: Re: X-Realm X-Faction Application
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:46 pm  

Hi there and thanks for applying.

Now, I will not handle the apply as I do not play a feral. But I want to point out a few things that I am sure of will be asked of you.

1. Logs of whipes do not count. Its nice you got top dps, on both, but any log of a wipe has no use whatsoever when it comes to checking rotation and/or damage. I hope this makes sense to you.

2. All red sockets have orange gems in them. I do not know feral well so I assume that this is the best gem. Why do you have a pure agi gem on your cloak though?

3. Try to get that screen shot. We love to see other peoples ui's. Same goes for binds.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:14 am  

Ohai

I'm too tired to read this app right now (and Mavian will make a wall of text for you anyway) but I'm just wondering why you are applying to our guild specifically and where you heard of us, you applying to us is already a clear indicator of you wanting to raid endgame content (because apparently our guild is good enough for that (what?)) so I'm just wondering if there was anything specific attracting you (like our terrible tankadin or whatever)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:02 pm  

About the stat priorities now, simcraft has been updated for 6.0 for a while now, and they are fairly clear.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ld6c7iz3kmhzs ... s.png?dl=0 for single target with AoC, mastery very slightly ahead of crit for cleave, but no one gems just for that.

So pure 20 crit in yellow and blue, and crit/haste in all reds. Don't really understand your mix of crit/haste and agi/crit hybrids, surely you would just pick one, nor do i understand the orange gem in your belt prismatic socket.

About your logs, I would have to slightly disagree with Kop, wipes are fine, but for assesment of your ability as a competent damage dealer, Paragons are just terrible to get anything meaningful from. That said, what I do see from said logs is a lot of deaths and or damage taken from whirling, sonic pulse, and caustic amber left behind by hurl amber, but again, it's clearly progression so I won't look too much into it. Can't really assess damage on a 2 min wipe where you happened to finish top (dat thrash on those parasites :3) or a 7 min wipe where you die at the 5 min mark. Logs from absolutely any fight in SoO other than paragons would be far more useful of you have them. Doesn't matter if they're not current, I would personally prefer to see logs from before 6.0 anyway. I see you were using RoRO and DoC, which I like, so that's something to look forward to if you do have said logs.

I will try to reserve judgment until I can see a better representation of how good at feral dps you actually are.

Resident meter whore and dps nerd,
Kakoon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:45 pm  

Found one from

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageANY QUESTIONS?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:47 pm  

Site Admin

Hey Krafti and thanks for applying!

I believe either Kakoon or Webdev will take a look at your logs up close, so I'll just ask some more general questions:

1) We already have 2 feral/guardian druids in our team, and since they don't offer too much stackable utility, I'm interested about your balance spec and possibly your alts. How's your balance experience in raiding? Have you ever progressed in it? Have you ever mained any other character before?

2) Like Kop said, we like to see people's UI, so please post screenshot asap. It doesn't necessarily need to be from raid combat, dummy test should suffice.

3) Could you go bit more in-depth about your talent choices? Which bosses do you use each specific talent for? Or do you use Displacer Beast and Incarnation on every single one?

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:12 pm  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:03 pm  

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]