[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [declined] Preakz - Holy Priest - WoD Raider

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:25 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: [declined] Preakz - Holy Priest - WoD Raider
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:14 pm  

Character name: Preakz

Character class: Priest

Professions: Tailoring(434) and Enchanting(405). If it is important for you to have it maxed, I'll try but Im not a man of great wealth in-game.

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... z/advanced - Armory link
I have played alot of Discipline when I was focusing on Arena and very PvP minded. Holy has always been a prefered spec for PvE.

Respeccing: I do prefer to heal but in certain situations I can be persuaded into dpsing on specific bosses. I will be lvling to 100 as Shadow so I will keep that spec as secondary.

Class Info: I started lvling my priest early on in the game and never really let it go since. I enjoy having a wide spectrum of healing abilities. Playing PvE as Holy, I enjoy having lots of AoE healing spells aswell as a few more critical spells to save a member in need(Flash Heal and Guardian Angel). Divine Hymn is my life saver for the raid and Desperate Prayer is my own personal life saver if I should suddenly take a huge blow. Main spells is Prayer of Healing, Prayer of Mending, Circle of Healing and Cascade.

Raid experience:
TBC: ZA, Karazhan, Gruul, Magtheridon. Mostly in PuGs since I didn't have a raid team.
WotLK: Naxx10, later on Naxx25 on weekly basis. ICC10 on weekly basis, later on ICC25 on weekly basis up to LK.
Cataclysm: DS10 on weekly basis. Did alot of PvP so missed out a few raids.(FL, BoT)
Pandaria: Mostly LFR clearing on ToT and SoO. Did abit SoO normal and HC.

Guild history: Will mention those worth mentioning.
Supreme Voodoo: Naxx10 group. Left because people kept bailing on raids.
Dark Venom: Naxx25 group. Kicked because of stupid argument.
The Nab Police: ICC10 group. Left because we couldn't get a team up and running after Cata.
Innuendo: ICC25 group. Guild disbanded.
Corruptions: Was PvP minded alot of the time here. Did DS and SoO alt runs with them. Took a break from WoW, came back and it was almost disbanded.

Best memory was using 4 hours of wiping on ICC10 LK and then finally getting the kill at the very last try of the night. Neighbours might have heard my victory roar. Great times :)

Your recent performances: As I just recently returned to WoW, I have no logs to show you. Sorry

When can you play:
Monday: Free*
Tuesday: Free*
Wednesday: Free*
Thursday: Free*
Friday: Might be out
Saturday: Might be out
Sunday: Occupied. Times can vary. I might be able to make it home to 20:00.

*Free: Means that I am online and available at raid times. Unless urgent IRL stuff comes up.

Where are you from: The Great North, home of the Vikings; Denmark.

Age: 21. Still getting comments but I am my own Master of Time now.

Communication: I do own a microphone and do not have any problem communicating. English is fluent in both writing and talking.

About you: I work as a substitute in a school here in Denmark. Im very friendly, always up for fun stuff and quite social. I am competetive minded and takes PvP and PvE really serious when I'm in a fight or boss encounter. Im always up for helping a guild mate if I'm just goofing around in Orgrimmar.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: You know what's in it for me?
It's no surprice that Thunderhorn is suffering from inactiveness. Even more on Horde side. Therefore Im looking for an active, mature and social guild. A guild that has a great PvE enviroment aswell as the usual PvP'ers. I enjoy both PvE and PvP but said to myself that PvE is what I want to progress with in WoD. You strike me as one of the few guilds on Horde that is active, PvE minded and not exclusively czech. Being one of the best guilds on Horde is not a bad thing either to tic off the resumé. ;)

UI and keybinds: http://i.imgur.com/Y2tNVUp.jpg - UI link. Elaboration for placement of spells, binds etc can be provided if asked.

Anything else: I know you guys are busy planning what do to when WoD hits with everyone who wants to raid and all. So if you by now can't 'promise' me a raid spot, I understand. I'm still interested in joining as social. When all the planning is done, maybe I can be in the runner ups to become a raider.
If you fancy, come get a chat with me in game. If I'm not on Preakz, I might be on my warrior Znx. Maybe some of you remember him. :)

Catch you ingame!

Post subject: Re: Preakz - Holy Priest - WoD Raider
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:36 pm  

Site Admin

Hey Preakz and thanks for applying :)

I'm going to go over some things I've noticed in your app that I disagree with/dislike:

1) Like you said yourself, you don't really have experience to make it into our Mythic team. Sadly, experience alone isn't the only things that deters me from considering you for this raiding group -
2) Your application doesn't include any information about your stat priorities. You should include one for holy and one for disc, WoD stats included.
3) No mention of Chakra usage for Holy. Nothing about your discipline spec - what spells do you use and when? Also, nothing about your talent choices, which are often crucial for priest.
4) How do you track Serendipity with your UI? Do you have WeakAura or something similar not showing in the screenshot?
5) How do you use Prayer of Healing without your UI showing raid groups? (Also don't know why do you have pets showing, but that's just clutter issue.)
6) You don't have enchant on your weapon (I checked when you had PvE gear on), cheap enchant on your bracers and you use pretty random gems (supposedly gemmed for Holy with spirit, but not even Holy needs spirit after prepatch) with pure int gems in staff? I don't understand where are you going with these.

Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:41 pm  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:12 pm  

Site Admin

Your gems and enchants might be outdated, but I don't see reason to use wrong gems for gear you've recently acquired (your staff).

"Cascade does its own job of healing regardless of my positioning." - not true

"If the raid is taking AoE damage, it is usually just spammed onto random people of my choosing" - That's wrong on so many levels I don't know where to start. You just randomly pick target for your PoH, so it might actually heal only that one target if noone else in his group is damaged / is out of range? This thing alone shows that you don't know basics of priest healing which haven't changed in last 3 expansions.

"Serendipity is tracked same place as where my buff goes. Though of course not inside the 'Buff box'." - so during intense mechanic fight like Blackfuse, you are going to spend second or two of your attention looking for Serendipity buff among your enchant, meta and trinket procs?

"I havn't been part of serious raiding since WotLK. There fore my interests in learning the best way to spec/gem/enchant into PvE has not been there. I focused on PvP. "

If you apply for highend raiding guild, you should refresh your interest in PvE before you apply. You obviously have no idea about what your stat priorities now or in WoD. Explaining your talent picks based on PvP is nice, but you're applying for raids, not arenas - also, reason I asked about your talent choices was purely because I wanted to know when you switch between them.

I'm sorry if I sound too harsh, but I honestly think you are way over your head. If you are interested in raiding in WoD, you will need to do more research. We are declining your application. I wish you good luck in finding your new guild.

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]