[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [accepted] Viivox - Retribution Paladin - WoD Raider

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:51 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: [accepted] Viivox - Retribution Paladin - WoD Raider
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:44 pm  

Character name: Viivox - Thunderhorn

Character class: Paladin

Professions: Jewelcrafting(600) , mining (600)

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): I Play a retribution paladin since The Burning Crusade, I have no real experience in any other specs, but I am willing to learn Protection for off tanking.

Gear level: 580 retribution

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... x/advanced

Respeccing: As I menitoined in the talent specs section, I have no real experience in any other paladin specialization besides Retribution. I am sure of being able to handle other specs after a bit of practice though. I am not willing to permanently switch to any other of paladin specs as I just like Retribution that much, but I am willing to off tank when it is needed.

Class Info:
I like Paladin class because I see it as sort of a one man army: good defense, healing, and damage.

Ability priorities: Templar’s Verdict (At 5 holy power or less when everything else is on cooldown) -> Execution Sentence -> Hammer of Wrath (on cooldown) -> Crusader Strike (on cooldown) -> Judgement (on cooldown) -> Divine storm (If proc happens) -> Exorcism (On cooldown)

Useful cooldowns and utility spells:

Hand of Freedom: Grants immunity to any movement impairing effects. (Useful on fights such as malkorok where you get slowed and need to be able to move freely)

Hand of Protection: Single-target immunity against physical damage for 10 seconds. Targeted player cannot attack or use any physical abilities, but can continue to move, heal and cast damaging spells. Removes physical debuffs. (Useful for when someone in the raid needs to avoid physical damage, and for annoying your fellow melee dps, Kappa)

Hand of Sacrifice: Transfers 30% of the damage taken by the target to the paladin. Damage is not transferred (and simply reduced on the target) if Glyph of Hand of Sacrifice Icon Glyph of Hand of Sacrifice is used. (Useful for avoiding large amounts of damage, for example on on malkorok when tank is soaking Blood Rage)

Rebuke: Single target melee interrupt. (useful on fights that have interruptable spell casters) – As I am a Blood elf, I also have an AoE interrupt/silence (Arcane Torrent)

Fist of Justice: Single target stun.

Reckoning: Single target taunt (Useful for fights such as Rattlegore in scholomance where you taunt the boss from opposite side of the room to reset its damage increasing stacks or for simply getting adds attention (Righteous Fury also helps with this).)

Cleanse: Removes all Poison and Disease effects from a friendly target

Divine Shield: 8 second immunity for the price of 50% of dmg. (Useful for Bypassing mechanics)

Divine Protection: Reduces all magic damage taken by 40% for 10 seconds. Or 20% magic- and 20% physical- damage reduction with Glyph of Divine Protection. (Useful for avoiding damage. For example when Garrosh uses Whirling Corruption.)

Stat Priority: Strength>Haste (until 40%)>Mastery>Critical Strike>Versatility>Multistrike.
-With 40% Haste Retribution rotation has virtually 0 downtime, and haste becomes less valuable because you won’t need increased cooldown reduction past that point.

Raid experience: Naxxramas (WotLK), Ulduar ( + some hard modes but not algalon if I remember correctly.)
Trial of the crusader, Icecrown Citadel (including meta achievement on 10man), Bastion of Twilight (normal), Blackwing descent(normal), Throne of the Four winds (normal), Siege of orgrimmar 13/14 heroic (pre 6.0), Mythic Garrosh with a pickup group.

Memorable moments: I got my first chance to raid with a guild at the beginning of Wrath of the Lich King when a rl friend of mine invited me into Corruptions, on the first raid at Naxxramas 25 I logged into Ventrilo and it amazed me how people were just having a good time and joking around, since previously I had only experienced pickup groups from trade chat where everyone was only after loot.

Guild history:
Supreme Voodoo: They had a lot of strong players and I just wanted to be a part of that guild and being able to talk to them. I left Supreme Voodoo because a RL friend of mine invited me to join Corruptions.
Corruptions: Joined because a RL friend invited me to join, and I have to say that without this guild I probably would not have been playing World of Warcraft for as long as I have. I am leaving now because pretty much everyone who used to raid in the guild has left and most of them are now in No Skill Just Luck.

Your recent performances: I do not have any logs that show my recent performances, atleast that I’m aware of.

When can you play: 16 – 23:30~(server) Mo-Fri , whenever on weekends.

Where are you from: Russia/Finalnd , I speak both languages fluently.

Communication: I recently broke my headset that had a microphone, but I will surely get a new one before WoD. I probably wont be an active speaker before I get to know people better, but I am okay with speaking.

About you: I am studying economics in Finland. I have a 13 year old cat. I love watching movies, Tv series and playing videogames with friends. I ride a bicycle whenever I can instead of car/bus. My favorite color is Blue. I also like watching streams on Twitch.tv while I’m playing games.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: Most of currently active raiders from Corruptions have moved to No Skill Just Luck and I would like to continue raiding with them. Also I have recently met some of NSJL members who have helped me a lot in different tasks in game, such as challenge modes and Blood Infusion quest. My expectation of the guild a chance to raid in Warlords of Draenor.

UI and keybinds: http://i.imgur.com/TE4475e.jpg?1
-Please keep in mind that I’m using Razer Naga and Logitech G710+ keyboard, so the binds that seem unreachable, probably aren't.
-The 8. button AW macro is Stopcasting -> AW ->HoW macro for easier spam at the start of a fight.
-The R button Arrow macro is basicly the same as 8. button AW macro but it also includes a strength potion.
-The Macro duplicate abilities are [target=focus] macros .
-I have bound focus target to F1 so I can easily switch focus in combat.
-I use regular Blizzard raid frames.
(Shift= s, Alt= a)

Anything else: I also have a lvl 90: Mage (Cirel) , DK (Víív) , Hunter(Tvizi), Rogue(Jaika) and I’m probably going to gear them up for raiding aswell. If I can't join as a raider, I'm also okay with a Social spot.

Post subject: Re: Viivox - Retribution Paladin - WoD Raider
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:57 pm  

Seen him one time on a garrosh run we done on hc and he didnt seem bad from the looks of things

I also notice you have the twitch chat addon 4Head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:20 pm  

Finally you apply >:D
First of all: the 40% haste you want is buffed, so you need to drop 5% (which is sad considering how accurately you hit 40% :p) also, you have a +10str gem in your chest, I guess that's just an oversight or lack of cbaing since 6.0 hit. I expect you to change your gems/gear into a more correct setup when you join :) (remember the patch made some previously shit items good for us)
Secondly: please elaborate on the rotation, specifically the usage of the t16 proc
Third: I find it weird that you've bound a macro you pretty much only use once per fight to R :p

I've been playing a bit/lot with Viiv lately and he's a really nice guy and I'd say he would be a good raider based on how he is and plays (yes, I separated my personal opinion from the objective points. "I'm a professional" - Dag)

xoxo babe, love you

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:45 pm  

1. Yes sir, will be done :D

2. I only prioritize hp builders before DS when i have less than 5 hp, meaning that if i already have 5 holy power built up, I will use DS (Assuming it procced). Also if i know for sure that i wont be able to build up 5 hp before the t16 proc ends, I will use DS

3. Honestly its purely a habit, R has always been a Swifty 1 shot for me.

xoxo luv u 2 bae

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:48 pm  

Good, your presentation of the rotation was messy at first (and that sentence wasn't the best either but it got the message across well enough for me >:D)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:51 pm  

Like he said,as an ex corruptions member , i raided with Viiv quite a lot.He is a good player and a decent human being.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:10 am  

Site Admin

Hey Viiv and thanks for applying. ^^

Few questions regarding your app:
1) What lvl 100 talent are most viable, in which situations etc.?
2) I see you mention 40% haste as your main priority for gearing, I assume that holds true for WoD as well? I'm curious because I've read pretty different priorities on forums. What are you basing this priority on?
3) Do you use any aura tracking addon?
4) I believe I was in the raid with you before on your hunter. You say your love for retribution is unparalleled, does that mean you wouldn't consider playing another class as your main in WoD?

Thanks.

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:44 pm  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:40 am  
Officer

Hey there, i like the app in general, i am /for a tryout for raiding. Now lets see what the other officers say.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]