[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [accepted] Resto Druid - Social App

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:24 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: [accepted] Resto Druid - Social App
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:07 pm  

Character name: waidru (Imaginative I know)

Character class: Resto Druid

Professions: 600 Leatherworking and 600 Skinning

15 - Displacer Beast - Good to get out of sticky situations.

30 - Ysera's Gift - Passive 4% heal on nearby allies, I chose it over Cenarion Ward simply because it would benefit my playstyle a lot more with druids being more of a HoT focused role.

45 - Mass Entanglement - It was either this or Typhoon, Chose this simply down to instead of spreading mobs(if I somehow get aggro), Just a simple root and the tank doesn't have to spam click to try and regain aggro.

60 - Incarnation: Tree of shit - No matter how much I hate this tree form, the 20% healing buff, bonuses to spells and regrowth instaohshitcast is helpful.
75 - Ursol's Vortex - Another way to trap mobs if I gain aggro on mobs to they can be picked back up by the tank.

90 - Natures Vigil - Its amazing, quite simply, Helps heal another ally close by, this stacked with a few hots on some targets, or some bigger healing touch heals. It becomes a powerful tool.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... u/advanced

First of all, gear level: 520/521
My gear is pretty poor, I took a break through half of cata and all of MoP, So I never really got any decent gear.
Respeccing : can play balance and resto but am better with resto by far and enjoy it a lot more but would be willing to switch.

Class Info:

I've always really pointed towards resto with my druid, love healing, simple as really. Ability wise normally in a simple tank and spank situation ability's in this order:

First and most importantly, Treant Form, because.. Yeah.

Wild Mushroom on tank(constant)
Rejuv on anyone who takes small amounts or will take small amounts of damage with Genesis and/or swiftmend depending on the urgency of the situation
LB(sob one stack qq) on tank/offtank(whoever has aggro)
Regrowth every time its free through clearcast
Natures Vigil on mass raid AoE damage and if its too much/too quick, Tranq.
Ironbark on any target taking sustained constant damage.
Natures cure on anyone with magic,curse or poison.

Usual Panic mode situation would involve

Tree of life(so fucking ugly my god urhgurhgdfg WHY RITO)
Rejuv + Nature's Swiftness + Healing Touch + Swiftmend for a quick large heal

Stats prio

Normally try for:

Int
Haste
Crit
Mastery
Spirit

Raid experience: I would have to say, finally killing lichking 25 after weeks of attempts, was down to the last 5-6 people and we finally hit the final stage.Switching between bear form to taunt over and running away while the remaining DPS did the work, was glorious.

Guild history: Had a few small time guilds on quel'thalas before joining a guild called Glory. In here I completed Naxx,Ulduar and ICC as well as some cata raids.

Your recent performances: Nothing really but LFR Siege of Orgrimmar.

When can you play: At the moment, only weekends and later raids that start after 6-7 GMT time(due to work and hence the application for the social spot), but after this current contract, I should be able to raid full time.

Where are you from: England

Communication: Got a microphone and TS installed.

About you: Well, My names Nick, working between contracts at the moment for work in media, so a lot of hard work and bouncing between contracts at the moment! Erm apart from work I enjoy playing league, Currently Diamond 4 and leaving it there
for this season, but next season am hopefully going to hit a bit higher and hopefully masters.Got steam, too many games on there to list

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: Progression past LFR and the feeling of accomplishment.

UI and keybinds: http://i.imgur.com/tRpzDOX.jpg (ignore the healing done, alotta overhealing)

Anything else: I've got a protection paladin as well as my druid who would be free to tank, not the best gear wise but its not too difficult to gear up. Also good friends with kurisu aka mike aka zenska.

Post subject: Re: Resto Druid - Social App
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:08 pm  

Site Admin

Hey Waidru, reading though your applications, two things struck me:

1) Your UI - you have two raider frames, and one of them is exactly in middle of your screen. Why do you play like this and how do you see under your feet? :O
2) Your reason to apply - as social, I'd expect you to have friends within the guild you can socialize with. We are not primarily social guild, but we of course endorse this - you however don't mention any current members as your friends?

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:55 pm  

1. looking under your feet is overrated, its not like you've got to dodge anything in this game.. right? But in all seriousness the left raid grid is the default ElvUI and the right is healbot. Its changed abit now but am working with a new UI since I came back, so am still trying to find a look I enjoy. With a social spot for the meantime I didn't think a up to date picture/good UI would matter, my bad there. I am not 100% sure through healbot you can target players, in which when you need to target them for something that isn't healing/curing, its abit problematic, hence why I've kept it there. I've recently replaced the default ElvUI with Grid anyway as I am more familiar with it really. As for why its right in the middle, INSERT GOOD REASON HERE. I actually don't know why I put it there but it wasn't there for along time. I'll rule it down to me trying new UI options... yeah best excuse.

New UI picture as to date(still experimental, next improvement is probably sorting out combat text)

http://i.imgur.com/OvKzsIO.jpg

TL;DR: Still working on it, want it to be pretty and have rainbows and fairies and shoot lasers.

2. I wrote in the final line that I know Kurisu, god! didn't even read my application /cry.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:08 pm  

Site Admin

1) Yeah, I don't really care about your UI for social spot, it just struck me as pretty weird even for normal gameplay. ^^
2) Oh yeah, always pay the most attention to last sentence of the application. My bad.

Don't see any reason why you couldn't join us on social spot since you know Kurisu. Whisper me, Dagthul or Indrax in-game for an invite. If you however wish to raid with us in the future, we will need to have more throughout discussion and overview of the way you play.

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]