[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [Accepted] Jimcarried the Rogue

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:14 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [Accepted] Jimcarried the Rogue
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:36 am  

Character name: Jimcarried

Character class: Rogue

Professions: Will start making them, didnt had time and mood yet :D (Gonna do BS + LW for two socket bonuses and enchant)

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode):

~Talents
[Shadow Focus],
[Combat Readiness],
[Leeching Poison] might swap to [Cheat Death] for some encounters,
[Shadowstep] might swap to [Burst of Speed] for some encounters
[Dirty Tricks]
[Anticipation]
[Venom Rush] I guess

Respeccing: Being able to play multiple specs or classes is very helpful for many reasons. Can you handle other specs/roles than your primary one? Do you like them? Are you willing to switch to them if needed? Yeah sure, if it even matter with Rogue

Class Info: What can you tell us about your class? Why do you like it? What about ability priorities? Useful cooldowns and utility spells? Anything about stat priorities?
- I play rogue since I play Warcraft. I like it beacuse, well, PvP, stealthing, im the one who choose moment of attack (if it comes to pvp), survivalibity, im the class that is supposted to recive very small damage on raids (using Feint wisely, combined with Leeching Poison to make healer's job easier)
- Stats prio for Assassination: Critical > Multistrike > Mastery > Versality > Haste
- Opening with Multilate ([Shadow Focus] talented), keeping Rupture up, also keeping Envenom poison proc buff up but not overleaping it, I always storage some CPs with [Anticipation] and use Envenom when Envenom is about to fade. Below 35% Dispatch. Using Vanish when I dont have energy for next Multilate and Evnevom buff is about to expire while I dont have 5 combo points. Use [Feint] wisely same comes with [Cloak of Shadows].

Raid experience: 14/14 SOO hc with few Mythic bosses, some full TBC and Cata content but on private 2.4.3 / 4.3.4 servers.

Guild history: Only "serious" raiding guild I was, <Caern Morghen>, full Polish guild (I am Polish too), but I dont like to be in guilds like that. Spend too much time in international English-language guilds :p Also I think international guilds are more competent. Tbh I was a private server guy - most of my experience in game comes from Molten-WoW 4.3.4

Your recent performances: I am sorry, not able to put any logs links. I stopped paying for game for few months.

When can you play: Atm im online from morning to.... night or another day's morning :D seven days a week, generally 24/7.

Where are you from: Poland, Cracow, hi

Communication: I own a MIC, but not really using it (cuz im shy lol). Only when it comes to take some important role in raid. Also speaking and understand English fluently, I can install w/e communicator you want =)

About you: My name is Daniel, as I wrote above I come from Poland. I like old (can I even name it like this? xD) music like Pink Floyd. Generally listening to chill rock/rock/metal and few electronic music songs. Atm im in highschool for adults, after that I plan to study IT. Dont know what can I say in addictional, I just like to play WoW and I put much afford into it. Btw. im shy.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: AKA What's in it for you? Im a experienced, skilled player, with very good mechanical game and class knowledge, who looking for competent guild with skilled people. Also I like light funny talks on TS :)

UI and keybinds: . Alot of focus macros, blizzard UI / POWA / DBM thats all I need (oh shit dont forget about Recount - most important addon ever)

Anything else: If there's any other information you'd like to share with us, please do so here. Forgot to say hello. Hello!

Post subject: Re: Jimcarried the Rogue
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:32 pm  

Site Admin

I am not lazy, I am an effort minimalist.
Q: Horde currently has two very shoutable, very good battle cries. Wondering what I yell as an Alliance character when someone yells 'For the Horde'!?
A: Have mercy?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:57 pm  

Glad to hear that :D

Btw. 100lvl atm, ready and steady to farm gear.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:28 pm  

Site Admin

Hey Jimcarried and thanks for applying. :)

Assuming you are interested in mythic raiding spot, I need to warn you that all permanent raiding spots are most likely currently full, so we can only offer you backup/heroic raider spot for sure.

About the application itself - it seems pretty lacking to me, can you go over your talent choices, when you switch them around, which ones are useful for specific situations etc.?

I also assume that 14/14 SoO is after 6.0 patch, right? Any other previous HC experience?

There is no mention of Vendetta in your rotation, same for possible usage of Shadow Reflection.

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:44 pm  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:06 pm  

Are you guys fall asleep :'(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:50 pm  

Hey, Daniel,
your theoretical basis seems good. A partner for theorycrafting would be great these days!
I have 2 questions:
1. related to the stats priority: how does it feel in longer fights? Because with this low gear we have, for me it was almost impossible to play without haste. So, until we get past the energy starve phase, I decided to put haste on top.
2.Why leave Caern Morghen? I heard their old leader came back and they have strong plans for the future.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:29 pm  

1. Well I think after some point, stats prio might be somewhere personal choice. I put Crit over everything beacuse Multilate costs alot of energy and generates orginally 2 Combo Points. That means I need to do three Multilates to output a fully powerful finisher for 5CP's (and I got one storaged). My point is, imo I will get more CPs with going full crit.

I remember also SOO 6.0.3 where our stats was alot better, I had 0 problems with refreshing Rupture and Envenom with 5 CPs and even had them too many!

2. Left C-M beacuse as I said, I dont like some people's attitude inside. Like Polish guy talks in other way to another PL guy. I dont want to make any bad reputation about them, just didnt liked talks on TS and I couldn't find myself inside. Also I dont like limiting to "PL ONLY" or "ESP ONLY" etc etc. its a waste, thats why I want international guild.

@Also I was thinking to try out Combat, energy develepment in Assa kinda piss me off.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:13 pm  

Let's go for a race if you want then :).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:26 pm  

Lets go, lets go 8-)

@Minor update, changing stats priority to Critical > Mastery > Multistrike > Versality > Haste due to Shadowcraft calculations, and my own decision. Seems very fair, dropped few items with crit/mastery on it, this is best stats prio imo, pulling 25k+/- on burst, and ending up around 19-22k depends from Rnjesus at Dispatch phase.

@Also implemended full enchants now

Hope you guys give a chance to show up my gameplay (:

Cheers

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next