[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [accepted] tamerofbeast- survival/MM hunter

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:51 pm

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [accepted] tamerofbeast- survival/MM hunter
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:47 pm  

Character name: TamerofBeast

Character class: Hunter

Professions: Skinning, jewel crafting (700), (640)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... t/advanced

Respeccing: i can play MM i prefer survival play style

Class Info: Hunter is a high mobile class that is currently the only class that allows you to attack when moving. Hunter currently have very few cooldowns to make use of all which are coming from talents. Personally i only use Murder of crows on my Hunter as it has a high dmg input, low focus cost, and low cd timer. in burst situations its preferable to use Stampede on this row as when combined with trinket, BL and other stat increasing proc can pull out signficant burst dmg if pet is managed probably. as a type 7 talent i use exotic munition. for the extra sustain it gives.

Raid experience: Raid experience is blurred. I never found a guild i was happy with during all my playtime since mid cataclysm. most achievement are on my former main now an alt you can find his armoury below

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... g/advanced

Guild history: most of the previous guilds i joined died out naturally. Some guilds promised me spots on teams and never followed through.

When can you play: Thursday through to Saturday are the best times for me. Subject to change, if advance warning is given i should be able to make arrangement to meet raid commitments

Where are you from: United Kingdom

Communication: Yes and Yes

About you: Hi, Im a male student currently living in Oxford while i study business management at university. i was orginally born in australia and i moved to South of spain at age 12. currently living in halls of residence in Oxford full time. My situations gives me a decent amount of spare time to be online to chat, help out and/or raid.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: ever since i joined wow i always wanted to complete the hardest thing. however thanks to the way the community is structured i have found it increasing difficult to take part in any content that has been challenging recently. with the changes to raiding in Warlords, I thought this would be the prefect opportunity to find a good time that will allow me to experience the most challenging content that WoW has to offer. i expect to be treated fairly and have equal opportunities to attempt and complete content as you current member have. In addition to a friendly, active, helpful and positive atmosphere in the guild chat and raids.

UI and keybinds: view attachment

Anything else: while my key bind set-up is not the more widely renowned im so use to it that i am confident that I can keep up with my rotation.

Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_120814_184335.jpg
WoWScrnShot_120814_184335.jpg [ 358.09 KiB | Viewed 16140 times ]

Post subject: Re: tamerofbeast- survival/MM hunter
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:44 am  

Hello there and thank you for applying.

Will have to be honest and say I was not impressed with the overall application.

Raid experience has been left unclear.
''When can you play: Thursday through to Saturday are the best times for me. Subject to change'' We strive for stability, this promises none.
As for communication, ''yes and yes'' does not cover a lot, are you a vocal member? Are you open for constructive criticism etc.

I hope you can see it from my point of view that there is nothing here provided that would make you stand out as an ideal candidate for our progression guild as a player.

Sorry but it is a no from me :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:05 pm  

Site Admin

Hey Tamer and thanks for applying!

Looking through your application, I have to repeat Smokey's rebuke - you've ignored almost everything regarding your class (stat priority, ability priority). Worse yet, you've applied without finishing your heroic gearing process and without enchants.

You don't tell us anything about your raiding experience.

Also, your raiding availability on Thursday to Saturday isn't sufficient for either of our groups, so unless you can reliably and in the long term change this, this pretty much excludes you from being accepted. Also, like Smokey said, this being subject to change isn't really something we will accept as answer since it might (and will) bite us in the ass.

Image Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:47 am  

Hello and thanks for the feedback.

so i'll try clear a few things up.

my raid experience is pretty limited i mentioned that i had alot of trouble finding a good guild to progress with. in addition to this character not being my main. 6.0 i decided that i wanted to this character to be my main as i didn't like some of the changes coming to ferals. in the current tier i also had no chances to get into a raid but i have extensively reasearched all the fights.

unfortunately i have commitments that i cant miss on Wednesday every week at you raiding time. if accepted i should be available on thursday and sunday raid times. and if not advance notice will be given.

im an extremely vocal person in teamspeak and in raids. i love to dicuss strategy and way to beat the encounter and to help out in the fight by calling out specific times if required. in addition constructive criticism is taken well as i'm always looking to improve my skills and i'm sure your guild has members that could offer advice that would be valueable to helping me progress.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:03 am  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:15 am  

yes of course, when i say vocal i offer my ideas on how to deal with the situation the raid faces. but i also listen to other player to hear what there thoughts are in order to come to the best result

p.s sorry about the gems and enchants should be fine now. but do tell me if i missed one cause im really not sure what made the cut and what was scrapped for enchants and item enhancements.

in addition ill also edit here my stat pritory which i missed before

survival

agility > multistrike> critical strike >versatility >haste

Markmanship

agility>crit> multistrike>versatility >haste >mastery

finally my rotations and openers

survival

Arcane shot(AS), glaive toss, murder of crows , black arrow, explosive shot, cobra shot x2 (this is because i use the double focus regen talent)

rotation:

use glaive toss on cd
mantain black arrow dot
mantain serpent sting dot
use glaive toss of cd
use explosive shot
dump excess focus into arcane shot
when focus is to low for arcane shot <30 cobra shot x2

note priority from highest to lowest

Markmanship

Chrimaera shot on CD
murder of crow on CD
glaive toss on cd
dire beast on cd
aimed shot to dump focus
steady shot to gain focus

with MM i only pool enough focus to use my signture shot on CD + any talents.

MM has one CD. rapid fire increases haste by 40% for 15 seconds. i use this on cd but pool focus high first make sure all shots are on cd and the do 2 aimed shots in a row for big burst dmg.

hope this clears everything up

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:31 pm  

Hey there!
Thanks for the reply :)

As from what you have written I can clarify that you would not be considered for main team progression runs, Wednesday is a vital day when raid resets and will be clearing a good portion of the bosses then, this will be a big miss out on gear if you could not make this day every week.

However you do seem enthusiastic about trying to get into raiding which I respect. I will have a word with some officers and see if there is a possibility to try you out for team 2 runs. I can't promise you anything as I do not run Team 2 raids and they would want punctual raid attendance, but can give the player who does a poke to look at this application.

Thank you for listing your stat priority, may I ask where you look for tips on your class? For example, forums, websites etc.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:12 pm  

hi and thanks for the reply

yes with mythic starting today (best of luck guys with your race) i didn't expect to be placed into the mythic raid team. this been said there is still enormous amounts of opportunity for me to progress in nsjl and hopefully even down a few mythic bosses before blackrock foundry comes out.

in terms of infomation on my class. i use icy veins as a starting point. however the priorities there, while correct are watered down and simplified. so just using icy veins stat priorities as a basis i like to tweak my secondarys and see if i can get a good balance for my playstyle. while gear hasn't let me achieve this on this character yet i will give you an example from my old main in mop. in mop i mained a feral and i always played with agility >hit /exp cap > mastery> haste ~10% > crit

then after haste is around 10% crit would be more valueable to me

the reasons is i found the energy regen much more enjoyable to play as well beneficial to the class than the crit. ( to a certain point)

in wod i am looking to do something similar on my hunter as we all play this game for fun and i believe that part of that fun is tailoring you class to your playstyle as much as possible.

please note that i dont go as far as to become sub-optimal i just have play a more incentive style than the casual raider that runs lfr/normals and looks at icy veins notes what good and copies that to the letter :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:30 pm  

Site Admin

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:57 pm  

Hi there

Not messing lol just tweaking. Of course I tested the dps between the 2 back in mop ( thanks to reforging) I was actually a pretty significant increase on the target dummy in raid situation it was really dependent on movement. Fight like iron jug this style performed very high but fell a little behind in high intensive movement fights like shamans. In addition this style is kinda what blizzard is encouraging with the randomization of secondary and no way to change then to what you want.

Yes you correct that surv is middle of the pack in dps sims. Therefore currently behind mm which is simming really high. Tbh it was just a personally preference in lvling and gearing. Need to get familiar with mm more before I take it into raids.

Will Change piece ASAP I'll run a bunch of hc over the next few days and lfr etc

EDIT:

so today i was playin around in mm. while im still getting to grips with the rotation and making sure im hitting everything on CD the dmg is significant higher than surv is. will keep practising it to see if i can improve further

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next