[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [accepted] tamerofbeast- survival/MM hunter

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:05 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: tamerofbeast- survival/MM hunter
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:08 pm  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:53 pm  

hi there

you make some very good points. ok let me go through them one by one.

so during my testing in MM i actually worked out the best setup. which is thrill of the hunt, glaive toss and lone wolf. im willing to use MM in raids so that no a problem and will welcome any tips you can give me

for dmg checking i use the dummy and recount. i use a 3 minute period timed by rapid fire CD. in addition i try to move around occasionally to simlate a raid situation and drop the mastery which is obviously increasing dmg.

Mop example was just a way of showing that i like to tweak my secondaries a little in order to see if i can find a better and high dmg setup.

so on single target fights ( kar,gath, butcher , brakenspre and kograh) i use: also would use this on twins
15 crouching tiger hidden chimeara
30 wyvern sting
45 iron hawk
60 thrill of the hunt
75 a murder of crows
90 glaive toss
100 lone wolf

multi target or phase with high amount of adds (impragator, tectus, )

15 crouching tiger hidden chimeara
30 wyvern sting
45 iron hawk
60 thrill of the hunt
75 a murder of crows
90 barrage
100 lone wolf

where high burst is needed i take stampede over a murder of crows

opening rotation i found was

chimera shot
glaive toss
murder of crows
aimed shot
rapid fire
steady shot x3
aimed shot x2
make sure to keep up chimera shot and use thrill of the hunt procs where possible. (only when chimera shot will not come off CD during the cast of aimed shot)
kill shot at 35% remaining
the only ability that i may have missed may have been kill shot but im looking at my spell book on wow writing this and i cant see any ability that i've missed.

for gemming and enchanting yes i was gemmed for surv i change this as well

to track my mastery i gonna use weakaruas. but i must admit that i hadnt found the source code for the button atm. will find it now

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:09 pm  

NEW UI : huge improvements to tracking

Attachments:
WoWScrnShot_121214_231807.jpg
WoWScrnShot_121214_231807.jpg [ 305.53 KiB | Viewed 10741 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:02 am  

About the talents. Its ok mostly but I miss some reasoning behind the choices tbh. I would like to know if you see any benefit from your lvl 30 talent in your average boss fight. Ever gave binding shot a thought? This talent can be very good on multiple bosses where adds need to be dealt with. Stunning adds can be a lifesaver for tanks. Now in raids this is of course not always the case but in dungeons binding shot should be your go to talent! I cannot remember the last time I used Wyvern sting now that I think about it. The effect is the same as trapping a mob and you usually only need 1 cc as other raid members will provide sufficient cc.

Stampede is kinda useless if a fight is longer than 1 min ( the cd of Crows). Crows seems to be the talent you wont be swapping out of.

I can think of only 1 boss in Highmaul that I would use glaive toss on( the Butcher). As soon as there is 1 extra target in a fight that spawns from time to time you will simply get more damage out of Barrage. Odd that this did not show in your testing. I advise strongly to do more research on your class as this is kinda basic stuff.

No idea where you got that opener from, but frankly, it is shit. For starters, it lacks misdirection....( this was one of the spells I missed, the other was indeed Kill Shot). Also, it starts with chimera shot. This is a huge waste. The reason behind this is that you miss out on an aimed shot that you can start casting 2 seconds before the pull. Effectively shooting an aimed shot with a chimaera shot at the same time. Furthermore rapid fire is cast after the first aimed shot... I am not even going to point out what is horrible about this, I'd like to hear it from you though.
As a last point on the opener: anything in your opener after rapid fire depends on Thrill of the Hunt procs and whether your aimed shot crit or not and will therefore differ. In some cases you will cap your focus ( which is a big nono), in others you might not even have enough for those 2 aimed shots.

Once again, this opener is horrible. No idea where you copied it from but it seems no thought has gone into this( by you nor the maker). If you made it yourself you seem to have quite some fundamental hunter mechanics wrong. Either way, I find this worrying. Please try again and dont blindly copy it from somewhere( if that was the case with this one) but put some thought into it.

In your screenshot I can see that tranq shot is not bound, as well as your traps and feign death. If this is the case and you click them, you might as well not use them at all as most of these are abilities you need to be able to use fast. Having to click them will be way to slow and unreliable, no matter how fast you can click them.

As a last point. I like the tracking of the mastery buff. I can, however, not see if you also track the recently moved buff as you stood still for more than 3 secs in your screen shot. If you are not yet doing this, add it. This helps alot with managing the buff.

I realize that I might come over a tad harsh. If so, not intended but some things I read do not make sense to me, at all.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:57 am  

hi there!

wow im seems like i been put in my place here haha !!!

look instead of giving you an opener which will most likely be wrong again im gonna admit that i dont know the otimpal opener and ask that you explain it tome . this is because i was playing surv all through mop and lvled in survival. when i was told i have to go MM i tried it out had a look on icy veins and scrapped togather something i thought was ok. i would much rather admit defeat now and be declined then make up so bullshit that i sont know about.

in terms of keybinds i got spare in the holes you see on my cast bar i put those spells in.

i actually went to make the changes you suggested and my weakaruas icons all disappear im very pissed off but i gonna remake it again. with your improvements :/

regards

EDIT : it seems like there a bug that is deleting the Weakaruas atm according to the comment on curse. will make these improvement once weakarua implement a fix for this

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:23 pm  

Site Admin

I like your attitude of just admitting you were wrong rather than bullshitting, but don't expect Kop to just explain the opener to you. You won't get this treatment in any serious guild, people don't have time to teach you the basics about your class/spec. If you go on the internet and find proper info about how to play MM, including the opener, we can have some talk afterwards. Note that this is something you are required to do at all times, not just for your spec, but for boss fights as well. When/if you do this, reply here please.

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:03 am  

Hi there

So to start I'm gonna say that it's very difficult to find any info on the specific order to open in anyway on the web. Hence I'm pretty sure this won't be 100 % right but alteast it be a hell of a lot better than before

Pre pull
Misdirection
Pre cast aimed shot ~2 seconds before

Pull
Chimaera shot ( should land at the same times as your aimed shot)
A murder of crows
Barrage
(This should put you at low focus)
Rapid fire
Steady shot x2
Aimed shot
Chimaera shot
Steady shot x2
Aimed shot

If thrill of the hunt procs which it most likely will.

Same pre pull

Pull

Chimaera shot
A murder of crows
Rapid fire (fun fact : can actually crit cap here which is pretty cool )( used after aMoC so you get max duration and don't waste a global)
Aimed shot x3 depends on focus regen but thanks to thrill mostly likely fit in 3
Steady shot x2
Chimaera shot
Barrage
Steady shotx2
Aimed shot

So that what I got so far I'm pretty certain it better than before. Feedback greatly appreciated

Regards

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:20 pm  

Site Admin

Hey, we've decided to accept you as trial for our heroic group. Please whisper me in-game (Laotse or Cynique) and we can talk about specifics.

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2