[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [declined] Dranwil - Frost/Arcane Mage

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:25 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: [declined] Dranwil - Frost/Arcane Mage
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:36 pm  

Hey luckers!

My name is Martin, i´m from Czech republic and i´m 18 years old student of private IT high school. I´m spending
like 8 hours/day ( some times like 16/day ^^) and i´m wow veteran ( playing since end of vanilla, but i was just kid so i was spending most time with playing arround while leveling, my PvE carrer started on Wotlk where i was farming LK 25 hc). I´m applying to your guild cause i want experience Hard-Core raiding again and i think your guild can give me this chance. At the moment i´m Cross-Realm raid leader ( mainly for normal highmaul but doing some Heroic runs too) and GuM of the OverWatch Shadows. But i´m not here for writing essey so there are informations you wanted to see. :) My main character is Delmot but if i´ll get a chance to raid with you my mage will be my main character for sure, cause i dont want to be in guild like yours with alt.

Character name: Dranwil

Character class: Mage

Professions: Tailoring and Enchanting

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): Mainly playing Frost but will play Arcane when i´ll have more way better equip cause arcane needs really good gear. My IL is 633 atm but can handle 18-25k dps with it (opening around 30-50, really depends on procs) :).There is no problem to swap between talents while in raid, but for now, i do have only frost avalaible :)

Class Info: I´m playing frost mage cause high amount of Crowd control, survability while in encounter and pretty nice burst. About stat priority, the main priority is intelect cause increasing spell power, after it there is Multistrike becouse of ability chance to activate up to 2 additional times at 30% effectiveness as the third one i really prefer Haste because of faster cast of frostball so it means more way more procs for Brain freeze and Ring of frosts ( some peeps and pages prefers crit as the third one but you need only 37%+- to have 100% crit with lance etc. so i really preffering haste in this way but i think they are on second place equaly), as the next there is versability cause its increasing dmg output, absorbs and dmg get and the last one there is mastery becouse of Icicles. About cooldowns, i do have glyphed icy veins to increase my multistrike not the haste. Honestly i do not know what do you want me to write but if you want to know my rottation there is just Shard, orb, lances, frostbolts, frostfire bolts, ice nowas etc. Just common Frost mage´s rotation.

Raid experience: I started progressing at Wotlk, the first progress was ulduar, i really loved leviathan +4, or XT HM. Anyways i didn´t do it throught this 4 bosses so i ended in here, in ICC me and my guild get down LK 25 hc and started to farm it also with alts so it was my first good progress i experienced (5 days in a row 6-7 hours/day of pure progressing, damn i´m such a nerd ^^). My most favorite boss was this LK becouse i really loved how the encounter works. Downed all the bosses in the cataclysm and in MoP i was progressing SoO Heroic ( when there was no mythic difficulty) make it to the Thok but after it i decided to have a break so i didnt play for like 6 months. Started 1 month before WoD was released so i decided trying mythic isn´t the best way.

Guild history: I was trying some Czech/Slovak guilds but honestly i wanted something more, something where i can do really bigger things than progressing first boss in 3 season old boss. That´s reason why i have created OverWatch shadows. Me and my friends wanted to create mature guild with quite nice progress, now we are just starting but i think in the future it should work. My raid times in my guild and with you won´t collide so everything will be fine with it. :)

Your recent performances: i have no account on such sites cause i´m raiding for being good but not boosting ego on these sites. Sorry, i do have 6/7 normal, 2/7 HC atm with my main but knowtactics perfectly for every single boss in here.

When can you play: To be honest i dont really care when the raids are ´cause i just need you to tell me time and i´ll be here. I´m fine with everytime when will you want to raid, about these times they are just fine for me. :)

Where are you from: Czech Republic, Country of Beer and nice Girls!

Age: As i wrote, i´m 18 years old dude without any limits :)

Communication: I do own microphone, i´m spending most time of day chillin with my friends on curse voice, for raiding i do have Mumble and teamspeak but i do have no problem with downloading any other communication software.

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild: I want to join ´cause i want to experience hard-core raiding again, raid with experienced and nice people and just having fun while fighting in encounters. :)

UI and keybinds: Screen down there :) ps. sorry for caht and for dmg metter ( not my best dps, was enought to do so in HC ^^)

Attachments:
File comment: My binds and UI
WoWScrnShot_120914_173236.jpg
WoWScrnShot_120914_173236.jpg [ 317.1 KiB | Viewed 14455 times ]

Last edited by Dranwil on Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Dranwil - Frost/Arcane Mage
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:48 pm  

In your class info section, you say haste is equal to multistrike. This is simply not true for frost, would you like to elaborate on the stat weights or try again but get them right this time? And yes, about the rotation, we ask because we want to make sure you're doing it correctly, you could tell us the priority list for frost and the spell order you would open with on an ideal single target boss in a raid.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:00 pm  

I wrote that Crit is equal with Haste in my opinion, some peeps prefers to reach 36% crit cap and after going full haste but i feel fine having some crit with alot of haste. Really depends, but this si stat priority without commentatory Intelect>Multistrike>Crit(36%)>Versability>Haste>Mastery. This is how it´s best with my TeoryCraft of setuping gear. About rotation, if we are using BL at start, i´ll put down the shard and sent orb on it ( making sure shard is close enought to the boss), gettin Icy veins and just using procs of finger of frost(spaming lances), When i´ll have 1 last FoF i´m starting to cast frostballs on target, after 2-3 using this lance, after it im casting frostbolts when near the end of the first cast i´m sending my elemental to cast "water laser" (sorry, dont know the name atm) to have another 2 FoF procs, using lances. For sure everytime i get procs for frostfire bolt i´m using it while rotating this rotation. I hope this is what you wanted to see. If there is no bloodlost i´m doing pretty same stuff but without the icy veins ( saving them for BL, cause CD is pretty high).

Last edited by Dranwil on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:43 pm  

anyways, for now iam using Haste gens and enchants cause i had green gear so it was helping me most. I´m going to replace all of them with Multistrike stuff and in 2 days i´ll make mark of frostwolf to boost my dps as much as possible :) Anyways if you´ll want to give me some advice i´ll gladly get some because i was playing healers for like 4 years so dpsing is quite new for me, thats my second expansion as dmg.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:45 am  

You should never be using haste gems as frost with any gear and you should always use icy veins if it is up when you crystal. Getting frost bolts off faster is not a problem. I like to store 1 FoF all the time for when movement is coming or for an on use trinket. You did not mention anything about swapping talents for fights when it is needed because crystals damage is split so it is not useful on all fights.

Sorry but I don't feel like you are fit for mythic progression.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:43 am  

Hello there, thank your for applying.

I'm sorry but I have to agree with Sanky here, there are stat priority's for a reason, if something gives the best dps you take that stat.
If you are taking another ''lesser'' stat and saying you're doing more dps using that it's probably due to the fact you are playing badly.

I don't think this would be the correct guild for yourself to be raiding in.

I wish you all the best in the future :)

Kind regards

Smokey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:07 pm  

That´s your call guys. If you have green equip without any haste, every single cast takes tons of time to cast, that´s why haste is pretty good for this situation. Now, when i do have finally gear i´m not using any of haste gems/equip. Just boosting my DPS. If you want to say i´m not fit for mythic raiding that´s your call because i´m pretty sure i do have enough of experiences to be usefull for this stuff. 3 expansions i get the End-expansion boss on Heroic without any problems like "i´m not fit for it i can´t do that.". But whatever, thanks for respond and gl with finding new members for your group who are "fit becouse of following every single guide becouse dont want to think about it" :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:52 pm  

You can think all you want - numbers don't lie.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:02 pm  

Site Admin

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]