[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [declined] Resto Druid, reporting for duty!

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:27 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: [declined] Resto Druid, reporting for duty!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:25 pm  

The character I am applying with is 'Rattlemybone'.
The class I am applying with is Druid!
My professions at the moment: Herbalism (715) & Alchemy (700)
- Talent Spec: Restoration
- Gear Level: 626
-Armory Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... one/simple

-I've always been the 'all around' guy in most of the guilds I've been in. And do I have a problem with that? Absoultly NOT!
I do prefer playing as a healer at the moment, and to be honest I haven't really mastered the other specs that well, but what I can tell you is that I will work hard and refuse to sleep until I can play them all blindfolded!

Class Info:

-Druids, why do I like them? I don't really.. I love them. They're just so adaptive it's crazy..

-Is my member about to die? pop 'Regrowth - 'Rejuvenation' in to a 'Swiftmend' and we're back on track!

-Cooldowns.. pop ' Swiftmend' when it's needed, and same goes with ' Wild Growth'. But the most important CD to save is definetly "Tree of Life". You do NOT want to play around with a such powerful spell.

I tempt to have "Rejuvenation and "Lifebloom" up at all time and "Wild Growth" if it's needed.

-My three top stat priorities at the moment is 1. Intellect 2. Haste 3. Mastery

Intellect: We need them bigger heals, do we not?

Haste: We need them bigger heals faster! Nah, but it's lovely how it adds additional healing on the HoT's and even reduce the Global Cooldown.

Mastery: Bonus and even more bonuses! The more you heal with direct healing, the more you heal with HoT's. Keep sending them heals!

-My actual first raid experience I'd say is in Karazhan(70). Where I played the same character as now and even the same resto spec. I didn't get that far in to raiding during that expansion unfortunetly.. Got some bosses down in SSC but that's it.

I did raid a lot though during WotLK, where we farmed Ulduar on heroic which was awesome. And I do remember this time in Ulduar, we were facing the boss 'Flame Leviathan' 25-man. And the funny thing is about the wipe we had, is that the boss survived with 1%.. Unbelievble.

Favourite boss? I'd say Opera Event in Karazhan.. "Run away little girl".

All my previous guilds were really helpful, friendly, social, and all of that. And they all ended up dying.. One person left after another and here I am.. Guildless!

You might ask yourself, why is this guy playing WoW? Well the answer is.. Raiding! I can be online from 18:00 to 00:00 Monday -> Thursday. And if there's anything special going on during the weekend I can probably schedule around that!

You can find me online 18:00 -> 00:00, and around the clock (almost) during the weekends :)

This young sexy fella is from the penis shaped country Sweden, the grounders of Abba, Meatballs, Ikea, Vikings, and blondes!
You're looking at a 23 year old chap, and not a day older! (Moving to never ever land)

I do own a microphone, a rather expensive one actually (I love bragging about my sexy voice to strangers) I do use all sort of communication programs, such as TS, Ventrilo, Skype etc..

I am a 23 year old meatball eating swede. I spend most of my time infront of the computer when I'm not working driving fork lifts. I love to cook, be around people and to play the guitar. I'm a master of backrubs and I can drink enegry drinks like a boss.

I would like to join your guild because I'm hungry. Hungry for some bosses. I want the teamwork, the passion, and the good old feeling when you kill the boss you've wiped on so many times before. I miss the real raiding experience and I would like to have it back.

UI and keybinds:
Mouse button-"Boom" (Nature's Swiftness + Healing touch)
Shift1-"Nature's Virgil"
Shift2-"Tree of Life"
F-"Nature's Cure"
Scnd Mousebutton-"Wild Growth"
T-"Rebirth"
G-"Genesis"
Mousebutton-"Tranquility"
Shift3- "Ironbark"
Last Mousebutton- "Typhoon"

Guild.jpg
Guild.jpg [ 374.55 KiB | Viewed 15403 times ]

And don't forget that I'm pretty awesome and social. PS: I hate Plague, he's not a nice man.

Post subject: Re: Resto Druid, reporting for duty!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:49 pm  

Hi and thx for applying.

First of all - I applaud you for having removed the italic text!

Secondly Im not an officer, but Im the resto druid in our mythic raid group. I have a few questions for you:

What is your experience with the current raid tier?

You mention Tree of Life. Do you switch between level 60 talents, or only use Tree of Life?

What other talents and glyphs do you use?

"-My three top stat priorities at the moment is 1. Intellect 2. Haste 3. Mastery"

Do you have this priority because you like it? Because you mention what the different stats do, but you might aswell list MS and the other stats aswell. What evidence do you have that your pritority list is the best?

You being from Sweden is not in your favor - we already have enough bad Swedish raiders as it is! ;)

I hope my questions didn't scare you - I don't meen any disrespect.

Cal

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:15 pm  

Your UI. It confuses me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:20 pm  

Site Admin

Hey Rattle and thanks for applying!

To build up on Calion's question, I'd like to ask about Wild Mushroom - I can't see it mentioned anywhere in your spell selection. Also am I correct to assume you don't have raiding experience in last 2 expansions?

Do you use any addons that we can't see in your screenshot? WeakAuras? Boss timers?

Also, replace your current sub-optimal items with 630+ gear with proper enchants and gems.

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:38 pm  

My experience with the current raid tier is pretty much the 3 first bosses in LFR (Highmaul)

I'm going with Tree of Life only at the moment after a couple of runs with different set-ups and I think personally that it worked out best for being an "all around" healer. Am I willing to try out other talentbuilds? Definetly.

The Glyph's I'm going with right now are:

Major: Glyph of Healing Touch
Major: Glyph of Wild Growth
Major: Glyph of Regrowth
Minior: Glyph of Travel
Minior: Glyph of Grace
Minior: Glyph of Charm Woodland Creature (for funsies)

I've picked my top three stat priorities after checking around on the interwebs for guides etc to become the ultimate healing machine.
And so far I haven't found any problems maining those 3 stats. I am thinking about switching places with Haste and Mastery though. I'm not quite sure yet.
I get most of my information from "http://www.icy-veins.com/"

I had no idéa you had that many Swedes in your guild already. I guess I am the chosen one to gain back the good reputation about Sweden ;)

About "Wild Mushroom" in all honesty I've just forgotten all about it. I used it most of the time while being in the boomkin form and when I switched to Resto that spell never occured to me. That is fixed now though. :shock: *facepalm* You can never have enough with them AoE heals!
My last raid experience is from Cataclysm where me and my casual guild got Deathwing down a couple of times.

The Addons I'm currently using that matters:
Deadly Boss Mods
WeakAuras 2
Grid
Z-pearl
HotCandy
Those addons got what's needed for a healer I'd say in my opinion, never had any lack of information :)

I will do my best to improve the gear I'm currently using.

//Your friendly Druid, Rattle.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:36 pm  

Hi there,
just to jump in on this app quickly you still havent really mentioned anywhere about other talent choices, you've told us about Tree of life and thats about it,
can you tell us your reasoning for other talent choices and in what situations you may change them ?
i do also believe your stat priority is slightly incorrect in that it should be Int > Mastery > Haste (i do understand you mentioned you were considering swapping them)
the fact you forgot about one of your strongest consistant aoe heals ( mushroom) does trouble me slightly.

Haríbo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:18 am  

I usually go 'Tree of Life' when I'm assigned to a specific target / targets.
And if I'm assigned to a larger group of players (raid) I tempt to switch over to
'Soul of the Forrest' which pretty much increases most of the AoE Hot's, especially 'Wild Growth'.

If I'm assigned to a tank I tempt to go with 'Cenarion Ward' for incoming burst damage.
'Tree of Life' and 'Heart of the Wild' if it is starting to get out of hand.

If I'm assigned to be an all around healer in the raid I'd pick:
'Ysera's Gift' which is a solid amount of healing.
'Soul of the Forrest' to pretty much increase the healing of Wild Growth.
'Nature's virgil' to give a boost to the healing.

Basically it's like this: One target/s = 'Cenarion Ward' // 'Tree of Life' // 'Heart of the Wild'
Raid healer = 'Ysera's Gift' // 'Soul of the Forrest' // 'Nature's Virgil'

Just as I thought about the stats, I'll just swap them around!

You shouldn't worry about the mushroom too much, I made an honest mistake and the shroom has it own keybinding already! :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:16 pm  

Site Admin

I don't understand some of the talent choices you've mentioned: what makes HotW the best options for one target healing? Why is Tree of Life ideal option for single target over Soul of the Forest? It's not like Tree of Life brings any singletarget vs. AoE healing increase outside of when moving.

About the shroom - if you don't know one of the basic spells of your spec, it is a big reason to worry. It not only shows you don't know how to properly play the spec, but that you haven't done proper research on it either. That shows in stat priorities as well.

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:37 pm  

Site Admin

Hey, we've decided to decline your application. Good luck in the future. :)

Image Image

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]