[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
No skill just luck • View topic - [accepted] Fompe - Marksmanship Hunter

No skill just luck

Guild Forum
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:31 am

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: [accepted] Fompe - Marksmanship Hunter
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:31 pm  

Character name: Fompe

Character class: Hunter

Professions: Currently leatherworking and engineering. (Willing to change if necessary)

Talent specs, gear level, Armory link (advanced mode): I'm playing a marksmanship hunter with 650 ilvl at the moment.( http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... e/advanced ). I've played the hunter class a lot and I'm therefor comfortable with all specs and playstyles a hunter can bring to the table. I've been a DPS players since I started playing in TBC and I'm definately most comfortable playing a dps class. I've raided with many different dps classes and specs throughout the years. I do have a monk with 637 ilvl that I can play well aswell. (Including a link to my monk aswell) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/w ... h/advanced . With this said, I'm willing to switch to other dps classes if necessary but I'm definately most comfortable on my beloved hunter.

Class Info:
The hunter class is the only ranged dps class that isn't focused around mana and spell casts. A hunter is very mobile and is therefor excellent for special tasks during progression such as the conveyor belt on Siegecrafter Blackfuse, the flamethrower on Brackenspore and kiting zombies on Gluth back in the days. The hunter is overall a good addition to any raid composition. So why do I like it? Well, I like to be able to do what is required in an encounter for us to be able to defeat the boss. To be able to handle mechanics that noone else can do as effectively. The current ability priorities is the following:

Single target rotation:
1. Kill Shot
2. Chimaera Shot
3. Tier 5 talent choice (AMoC or stampede depending on the fight, AMoC is the best choice in most scenarios.)
4. Aimed shot with Thrill of the Hunt procs.
5. Glaive Toss to proc Thrill of the Hunt. (Glaive Toss is currently only used to proc ToTH due to its low damage.)
6. Aimed Shot to dump focus.
7. Steady shot to generate focus.

AoE rotation ( 6+ enemies becuase you will basically perform the single target rotation on less targets.)
1. Multi-Shot
2. Kill Shot
3. Chimaera Shot
4. Tier 3 talent (AMoC or Stampede)
5. Steady Shot to generate focus.

Cooldown usage:
As a MM hunter your only dps cooldown is Rapid Fire. You should try to use this ability as many times as possible during an encounter. You also want to combine Rapid Fire with Pre-pots, racial abilites ( example Blood Fury), trinkets etc.

Stat priorities:
1. Critical Strike up to 40% ( You gain 60% Critical Strike chance to Aimed Shot with careful aim and rapid fire. More crit will therefor be not be as valueable as the crit up to 40%)
2. Multistrike
3. Critical Strike
4. Versatility
5. Haste
6. Mastery

Raid experience:
I started playing WoW back in TBC. I started raiding back in WoTLK where I raided Naxx, Ulduar, ICC with some IRL buddies. I didn't play the game as much in CATA and didn't really raid much. I joined a guild and raided normal MSV, HoF but shortly after the most of our guild members quit the game. It wasn't until SOO where I started doing some real normal and heroic progress. My favorite boss must probably have to be Thaddius or Kologarn from Naxx and Ulduar.

Guild history: The first guild I joined was with my IRL friends, and I left that guild when most of them quit the game. Since then I've joined guilds to raid, and to progress and grow as a player. I'm now willing to take the step and challange myself even further. This is why I'm going to leave my current guild. I believe that I'm ready to take my gameplay to another level.

Your recent performances:
Sadly our logs from Shenanigans has expired. I hope that I'll be able to show you my performance in-game in the future.
When can you play:
I have a very flexible schedule so I will be able to raid every day until 23.00. I'm studying so I prefer to not raid longer than 24.00 atleast.

Tell us something about when we can expect you to be online so we can see if the schedules are compatible.
On weekdays I will most likely be online everyday between 16.00 - 23.00. On Weekends I will most likely be online from 12.00 - 24.00.
Where are you from:
I come from Sweden! The weather here is so bad so we have nothing else to do than WoW ;)

I'm 18 years old and I decide for myself when I play.
Communication:
I do have a microphone indeed, and I'm happy to talk via VP's.

About you: Tell us something about yourself. We want to get to know the person behind the in-game character; after all, this is a team game and it's nice to know the other members of the team and find people with similar interests!
as I mentioned earlier, I'm currently 18 years old and I live in Sweden. I've always been very much into sports and I've probably tried everything. I'm currently studying a techincal program so I go to school every day roughly between 08.15 - 15.30 every day. As you probably can tell already I'm also very much into gaming, esports and computers, today I spend most of my spare time infront of the computer. I'm also very competitive in everything I do, and I enjoy to perform and to challenge myself. I've also played alot of starcraft 2 on a competitive level (Master league).

Why do you want to join and what do you expect from the guild:
I want to join a guild environment that will challange me and force me to perform. I would also like to raid on a higher level than I do today. I up to the challange and I will work hard in order to get where I want. It is always nice to get to know new like-minded players.
UI and keybinds: http://gyazo.com/87920c4d7d53db718b43cae47465e902

Anything else:
Even If I don't make it into the mythic team I will be happy to join for heroic runs and CM's to show what I'm capable of. You can also add my on skype (Zimmysimon) or b-tag (Fompe#2242).

Post subject: Re: Fompe - Marksmanship Hunter
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:22 am  

Site Admin

Hey Fompe and thanks for applying!

We will have our guild hunter Kakoon take a look at your application asap.

I'm assuming that you are friends with our other new applicant, Zulchi, right? What are you to each other? What was your raid progression in SoO like? What bosses, what difficulty, what patch?

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:37 am  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:51 am  

Zulchi is my IRL and raiding friend. We have been raiding together for a long time. We cleared full normal and up to juggernaut in heroic SOO (Patch 5.4).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:55 pm  

Just a couple of corrections to your ability and stat priorities,

Chimera Shot has a higher priority than Kill Shot on single target and cleave.The only time I would delay CS by a GCD for a Kill Shot is for a shortlived priority add while the boss is far from execute range, and even then you'd use chimera over KS if they are within cleave range.
Glaive Toss has higher DPET than Aimed Shot with a TotH proc even during Careful Aim. It's damage might be lower but it costs half as much and is instant cast.
About stampede vs crows, the only situation where stampede is better than crows is when the fight lasts less than 1 minute, i.e never.

Your stat priorities are a tad off, versatility is better than crit above the softcap, other than that they're correct. Just a heads up that if you're near the crit cap, it's 43% (buffed) on your character sheet because of crit supression on a lvl 93 target.

The AoE priority doesn't make too much sense with multi shot at #1 on the list. First of all, it's all wrong, and secondly, how can you ever cast CS or crows if they're lower priority than a focus dump with no cooldown? The correct AoE priority is exactly the same as single target, except you replace Aimed Shot with Multi Shot on 7+ targets, and cast Explosive Trap on cooldown with 2 or more. Also you'd be specced Barrage, and it would be above Aimed Shot with a TotH proc in priority.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:25 pm  

Thanks for answering my application. I've based my priorities and rotation on information obtained by hunters from the aboslute top guilds like Alueeh (From Scratch), Devai (Paragon) Gìngí (Method) by personally talking to them in-game and listening to stream sessions. I do see your point in a lot of the cases as you mentioned. I will take a deeper look into the subject to correct the mistakes. Not sure what I was thinking writing the AoE rotation as it doesn't make any sense at all putting the multi-shot as number 1 instead as a filler. Would appreciate if you could send my a link to the sources so that I can read up on it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]